Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

throtle

jonnyrose ยท 2014-04-21 23:10

howdy,my throttle wont rev up when using the colum lever? to use my backhoe I have to keep my foot on the pedal.how do I fix this

Replies9
  1. #1sheepfoot2014-04-21 23:32

    What is your make/series of backhoe?

  2. #2lantraxco2014-04-21 23:39

    Place a brick on the pedal, use duct tape or a bungie cord to hold it in place. :drinkup

  3. #3jonnyrose2014-04-22 09:44

    well its a case 580 b ,and I can see the throttle rod under the hood move when I use the colum shift but it does not rev up? is it just loose on the shaft?

  4. #4fishfighter2014-04-22 12:28

    Chances are somewhere it is not hooked up. Go to Case's part web page and look up the linkage to see what is what and go from there.

  5. #5jonnyrose2014-04-22 19:26

    ok every thing from the colum to the shaft is hooked up the shaft does not turn thow just the swivel

  6. #6jonnyrose2014-04-22 19:58

    maybe its just me,not knowing how to run this thing,all im doing is raising the colum throttle and nothing happens?

  7. #7jonnyrose2014-04-22 20:40

    some pics I think it might be upside down

  8. #8Tinkerer2014-04-23 07:31

    Does your linkage look like this one ? There may be a pin missing in one of the yokes. Part reference #4. I see at least four of those pins in the drawing.

  9. #9jonnyrose2014-04-23 10:46

    yep that's my linkage,i'll count the pins today also see #2 it appears to point up,mine is pointing down in my photos.