Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Different other 580b some strange plans… and stuf

northmanlogging ยท 2014-04-22 08:38

So the deal on the bad motor backhoe fell through, but I did manage to land an auction for a runner, and cheap too. Anyway, once I get it home I'm planning on adding a thumb to it, for now just fixed or pinned in place, but eventually I would like it to have hydraulic action. So my first question is how difficult would it be to plumb in another valve, it has the five stick on it now, three sticks for the bucket boom jib, and two for the outriggers. Haven't looked real closely at how its plumbed as its not home yet. The second question is what kind of fuel use can I expect out of it, I don't run things wide open, infact just enough to keep em from dying is all I usually use. And lastly how difficult are the brakes to change/repair, one of them is locking up as of now.

Replies1
  1. #1fishfighter2014-04-22 12:34

    Fuel burn for my 580C is about 10 gallons for 8 hours hard work. Brakes, if you ever changed brakes on a older car, not much different. Do a search on this web site. It has been posted before. If you don't have a shop manual, order one. Also look at Case's web parts site for a break down of the parts.