Does anyone know of a manufacturer of thumbs for inner dipper extendahoes? I am looking for a thumb for the jcb.
There is a company out of england called interpart. . they have a lot replica parts for JCB. . washers,grease,windows,and i think even quick release systems. . im just not sure if there availible in the states.Ive come across some atachments on MachineryTrader.Com . . just punch in your area code and they will show the closest item from your city. . . otherwise check out a dealer upnorth. . Like Wajax. . . they should have something laying around good luck
Amulet is good for backhoe thumbs. Don't like 'em for excavators but I used a hoe (case) and it had a amulet thumb.
I have never seen their stuff, that is awsome! Check this one out! http://www.amulet.com/Templates/amulet_products/thumbs/hoeclamp/hoeclamp.htm# They may have the slowest web site EVER though...
I had that exact one on my backhoe. I liked it a lot. Better than those stiff mechanical thumbs. Not a big fan of mechanical thumbs period but for a backhoe this was good.
Amulet used to be here where I live, But we lost them due to our secluded location. It's to bad that my area has a hard time supporting businesses with positive growth.
Whats a Hoeclamp sell for? Looks slick, how much time is involved in switching to stored position?
Looks like a interesting piece, how much are they and how long does it take to disconnect when you dont need it?
I'd like to have one 'o them badboys.
Well at the time my friend bought this hoe the San Fransisco earthquake hit. His thumb was then put on back order since they were all used for the clean up. He decided to use their plans and built it himself. He never had a desire to put it up in the stored position but it wouldn't take more than a few seconds with an impact wrench. Not sure on the price.
I have been quoted under 3k. which is less then the Smarth thumb which I don't like as much as the hoe clamp
It would drive me nuts to have a thumb on a backhoe....Not a fan of thumbs but those smarts thumbs do look cool. I saw one one on a 430 cat once.
Never owned never used,I can see where it would come in handy when loading wood,shingles,branches,insulation anoyning thing to pick up with the hoe,so i guess you would use thumbs for demo work then,looks to be a good attachment timewise when loading trucks.
I think a thumb on a backhoe would be good if the person doesn't want to buy or rent an excavator. The only reason my friend has a thumb on his hoe is because he is older than a mammoth and does everything with his hoe. Because of that he is not very skilled at an excavator. I personally wouldn't put one on a hoe.
I have an intrensic issue with renting... and given that I have a backhoe and its reach of 18' is enough to do the work needed I use it instead of renting. I know I am not alone with this one because this feeling came from my father. Also for the cost of running my backhoe instead of renting an ex, I have aditional money to play with. This are just my feelings... :beatsme
Oh I'm agreement with you there. I am personally one to use rent when needed. I don't like using a backhoe for excavator work and visa versa. That's just me. But if you have things set and the machine you own works (whatever you use) and you can't justify renting, then go for it. I see where you are coming from.
I can get you the info to privately purchase a thumb that came off a 580 sl case. Great shape, I didn't purchase it because the tractor over extended me as it was. Its hydraulic with one thumb. Ross
My welder and I designed and built a fixed thumb first for my 510 B and then my 410G for a cost of less than $500.I use it for anything and everything,but mostly demo work.Would be lost without it.