Hello guys, i new here and while I don't drive a truck or operate any heavy equipment, I am a scale modeler. I have always been interested in heavy equipment and it is my goal to ultimately go to heavy equipment school to be trained in heavy equipment operating. As mentioned, I model heavy equipment and scale models in HO scale. In the past I usually have not used anything to secure the heavy equipment to the lowboy trailers that I have, sorta just placed them on. As i have progressed with the modeling I am interested in properly locating spots on the heavy equipment that would be used in the real world to secure a piece of heavy equipment to a lowboy trailer for transport. Does anyone have any pictures that could show me typical spots that a scraper would be chained to a lowboy? If anyone is interested, I can post a few pictures of the latest model lowboy w/scraper that I am working on. The scraper is a CAT 627G, the lowboy a 3-axle Trail King, and the tractor a Peterbilt 389 thanks in advance for any help regarding the tie down points of the scraper
No replies yet.