Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tigercat C series skidders

partsandservice ยท 2012-10-30 09:12

Is any one here experienced with these machines. I am having electrical proplems that relate to travel speed. I consider myself versed on these but have one that is kicking my butt. If any one responds I can go into it indepth about the electrical circuit and what I know of it.

Replies3
  1. #1partsandservice2012-11-05 17:04

    I finally got to the bottom of this issue. After checking the speed sensor, both drive motor propotional solonoids and their continuity to the xt module and some outside consultation, found the tone wheel in the drive motor was spinning. Solution was to swap the speed sensor to the other drive motor and replumb the case drains. As only one drive motor has a speed sensor and they work together as if two clys teed together.

  2. #2BALM2012-11-05 22:35

    If you like Tigercat - I took a tour of their facilities almost a year ago now - http://matchsticklake.blogspot.ca/2012/02/tigercat-forestry-equipment.html

  3. #3partsandservice2012-11-09 13:39

    Tigercat skidders are built heavy and best suited as a ship anchor. Tigercat once had something, now they are a joke. They are hell when their well, but being well is the problem. (personal opinion)