My first post on this site. My 2002 bobcat T-190 developed an error code while sitting for a week in my carport. It worked fine last time I used it. I went out to crank it, it started and then I got the 3 beeps and blinking light for lift and tilt after I pressed the green button. The controller was changed out in April of 2014 with 2926 hours on it. I have put about 500 hours on it since then. I've checked the coil and wiring harness for grounds on the hot side of BICS coil. No grounds found from controller to connector at coil and coil for BICS valve reads 10 ohms. The code also comes up with coil disconnected. The error only shows up with engine started otherwise does not come on. Disconnecting the engine speed sensor also prevent the alarm and allows the tilt and lift light to stay lit with no alarm, however the solenoid does not energize, so lift and tilt does not work even though I have the light. IIntermittently when I would crank the engine before the 17-06 code happened, It would turn over about 2 compression cycles(about 1/2 crank revolution) and stop cranking and I would get code 06-13 engine speed high. I would have to restart a couple of times before the engine would catch and keep running and the code would clear. this has been happening on and off for a couple of years now. I checked the pickup gap and reset for .050" it was a little bit over that and I thought that might help with the short crank cycle. It did nothing for it as it happened again after a few uses. Not sure if this is related unless bad controller or bad programming. With the increases in use of high energy microwaves being used if that isn't the culprit and messing up the programming from RF coming thru the unused control wires dead ended like antennas. these cables have no RF shielding along their length. My thoughts is that the controller went out again at this point. Any one with any other ideas, please feel free to chime in. Temporarily installed a switched fused power to that solenoid until I find out the true cause.
No replies yet.