Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Picked up another 1845C: A tone have a lap bar?

Larpy · 2020-02-24 10:46

I picked up a great 1845C in good condition this weekend. Not sure will take it as far as my last build but will spice it up a bit! This is a 96 or 97 with under 4000 hrs. The lap bar is bent though. Anybody have one. The one onit is trashed! The second photo was my other rebuild. If I go crazy on this new one I am thinking same style but painted Case Red with silver wheels. I love projects!

Replies7
  1. #1AdamMN2020-02-27 18:59

    Can’t wait to see how it turns out and what you come up with!

  2. #2Ed ke6bnl2020-02-27 19:06

    Nice job, just picked up my first skid steer a 1840 with 1300 hrs, alright condition. Auxillary valve is stuck and some small hyd. Leaks. In time will get a round to fix it up

  3. #3kshansen2020-02-27 19:47

    Larpy, can a borrow it when your done? Only need it for a couple months during the summer! Lap bar bent? Is there a story how that happened? Any stray body parts laying under the floor boards?

  4. #4KSSS2020-03-01 15:01

    That is what I was wondering, I have never heard of such a thing and can only imagine the story that goes with it. I doubt there are many of those laying around shops, maybe a used equipment specialist might have one laying around. I would like to see an 1845C in red paint. Case had deal a couple years ago with some machines painted in red. Looked awesome.

  5. #5Larpy2020-03-19 02:02

    The lap bar was not bent but rusted through! Not sure how as the rest of the machine is good. Trying to find a new one. Found a lot of tools under the floor boards!!

  6. #6kshansen2020-03-19 08:55

    Maybe sell the tools on Ebay to make money to buy lap bar? Just a thought, can you salvage enough of the lap bar to use as pattern to have a shop bend up tubing to make a new one? I know MSHA or OSHA might not approve of a "homemade" lap bar but if only for personal use I don't see a problem there. Also after being used for a couple years is anyone going to know the difference? With the quality of the work you do it might be better than OEM!

  7. #7Bls repair2020-03-19 09:44

    To many donuts have been known to bend safety bars and shrink seat belts