anyone ever use a tilt attachment for there bucket? Looking for pros and cons thanks
cjschillinger, We had a tilt pickup for our BC185K(now sold) and now have one on our JD328D. Every attachment can now be tilted. Would not have a skid/track loader with out a tilting pickup. Only con I can think of is the pickup is a little bit thicker and it could mean your attachment is a little bit further out from you which may mean a little bit less lift capacity - would only be minimal and could be rectified by fitting a rear weight. Plus is greater versatility for your machine. Same as having a straight batter/mud bucket and a tilting batter/mud bucket on your mini excavator - no comparison in what you can achieve. Firetrack
Are they strong enough for heavy duty use? I would like one to tilt the bucket for trail building. Ken
k45, not sure of the integrity of the USA sourced hitches but the two Australian manufactured hitches (Norm Engineering) that I have experience have never had any problems. Don't know what you mean by 'trail building' - would it be any tougher than ripping up concrete, tearing out trees and stumps and loading rock ballast. Firetrack
I have one, made by BC. It sits most of the time, but in some situations where you can't orient your machine for the grade your looking for it can be handy, it's also nice for (pallet) fork work. I am aware of over loading it and have had not broke it yet. The last time I used it was to ditch the side of a dirt road on the up hill (into the back) side and it did a good job. One minor drawback is it add's a little slop to your bucket and ties up your hyd. line.
I have the BC version. It is said to reduce the capacity of machine by 20%. I like it in tight areas. I wanted to use it for slight angle changes. I found it somewhat jerky and the speed of change to be quicker than I wanted. I have since added a flow control regulator to each side to slow the speed and make it easier to make small adjustments. One of the things I actually learned was that by dumping the bucket straight down and tilting all the one way, is that I could use it somewhat like a dozer 6-way blade. This has been usefull in backfilling. The one I have is several years old. I am concerned about the dirt getting between the two plates and wearing. I do not see a way to keep dirt from getting in there. Getting the bucket exactly level is somewhat tricky sometimes because of the quickness of the tilt. All and all I like the attachment but do not use if except when I need it. BC indicates that it should not be used on my machine. (s300) It is able to be used on the s250 though so I just try to not over use it and keep from putting extreme force on it. I have been told that the newer versions have some type of wear plate on them but mine does not. The extra 4 to 4.5 inches that it pushes the bucket out does effect the dumping of the bucket. Also just the way it behaves is different. Not the same power curling the bucket with a full scoop. Not as snappy. It does change the angle somewhat if you just dump the bucket down till it touches the ground to make a cut. These are some of what I have noticed. I am curious if anyone else has the same issues I have had with the speed of tilt.