Hi all Thanks for looking at this. I may have a new wrinkle to a talked about problem. I own a 1997 ish 1845c, aux flow, 450 hrs, gentleman farmer uesd. When I bought it from owner at a non Case dealer, float wasn't working, and they replaced the detent. 4 months later, with very little use, float gone again. Take it to local Case dealer, they replace detent. Little use again, float won't work. I've kind of gotten use to it, and if I hadn't discovered this site, I might not have thought about it again. Its now a mild Jan in Ma., but started it up this weekend on a cold (+15F) day, and was reminded that, when real cold, this valve, only, would not work. frozen. All other valves worked fine. forward, back, bucket roll. All fine. It did this last year too. 20 min of warm up, all is fine.. So now a few questions Obviously, I need a new detent kit, again, but any ideas what is going on? I've heard that the cab on this machine will slide forward. Can anyone tell me how? Where is the best place to buy Case parts? Any ideas what is freezing on this one valve? Should I remove the valve to service it, or replace detent in place? I've heard its 6 of one and half doz of another as far as ease and time. Thanks all
Welcome Massman, The problem you are probably having is lack of lube. When the detent kit is fitted, everything needs to be slathered in graphite grease. You could probably dismantle the existing detent housing, clean & lube & all will be OK. I have done this without sliding cab, with the aid of a lonnnnnggg phillips head screwdriver. But if you are wanting to do it - best to slide cab to better see what you are doing. Edit - It's best to leave the valve attatched to machine + remove the bucket as it will be safer. Be sure the loader frame is resting on the safety bar before you remove the detent housing - just in case the spool moves & as the loader will come down in a hurry. If you decide to remove the valve - neutralize all circuits before you undo any pipes - BE SAFE!
Where are my manners.. Thank you alrman. I havn't tried it yet, but as soon as weather permits I will have at it. Thank you for responding