I am looking at purchasing a Kubota KX-033 or U-35 machine. Both about 4 ton class. The dealer has quoted a Rhinox 36" tilt bucket. I have no experience with this brand of attachment. Can anyone with experience with this item or brand comment on their experience with either? Thank you in advance. Also send South Texas cooler temperatures and rain please!
There's a shocker, hot and dry in south texas? In August? Amazing. This past week has been great for august here, 50's at night and 80's during the day. Next week will be more like august in the 90's again. I'm ready for fall.
I had not heard of them either. I looked them up. It looks decent, but here are some issues that I have with it. I have a Rockland tilt on a 6 ton Taki. Its not perfect either, but it has protective steel covers over the hydraulic tilt cylinders. That is a big deal. It keeps material from pinning itself against the hyd cylinders as you actuate the bucket. When moving shaping rock drainage areas or we often will load the ex out of a dump truck with the clean rock. Without the shields over the cylinders you will pin rock against the cylinder rams. I also don't like the exposed hyd lines and connections. My Rockland had some of these issues as well. I built a shield on the backside that the attachment can rest against when its not on the machine. Its bolted to the back so its always on and helps protect hose lines. Prior to that it was easy to snag those hyd lines when moving it around on trailers. The hyd attachment points on this attachment are even worse than mine was for exposure. I could only see the cost of the 17 sized model which was pretty cheap, like 2700. I paid 5500 for mine years ago. So the price point seems pretty good, but it lacks some features you will wish you had. After I wrote that, I checked Rockland's current bucket. It is also exposed at least what it shows on their website. They put a taller lip on the top of the bucket to help keep material from spilling over into the cylinders and it looks like they have a device on the back to keep the attachment upright when detached from the machine, which is what I built for myself. I am not excited about their routing either.