Query on skid steers in general if there is some type of mathematical formula or "Rule of Thumb" on adding counterweights to increase lift capacity. I currently have approximately 1500 lb of lift stated-if I add suitcase or other 100 lb weights to brackets on rear sides (L & R)--how many 100 lb wgts are needed to increase to 2000K? I would like to be on the + side vs - so I don't get a bobble effect. Can any one help out? Thanks..........Cranky
It depends on how far back you can place them, but its almost a 1/1 ratio so you'd need to add 500lbs.
Depends what you are lifting and the lift path of the machine, 1500lb machine is probably radial lift. What do you want to lift? Rule of thumb is pick it up, if its tippy, add weight. If its still tippy add more. ha. Have you tried lifting the load? How often do you need to do it? Don't overthink it with a calculator too much.
Also rated operating capacity is not the limit of what they can do, it just the suggested safe weight to be moving around. 1500# ROC will have a 3000# tipping weight but it also depends on how close in the weight is. in other words, like Durallymax said, give it a try.
Careful, The more you counterweight for more lift = the less downpressure available for cutting with the bucket edge!