Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tilt Lever Sensor Voltage High E353-3

OscarDiaz · 2023-08-12 14:58

Good day, I hope can you help me. I have a fault tilt lever sensor, in the connector I have a 27 V in a wire and other wire i have 5 Volt, It is a Cat 980K Model: 63X 7371 z*63x07371 How I can to fix this error? Thank you.

Replies20
  1. #1Nige2023-08-12 15:04

    Sorry but you're not making too much sense. You say it's a 980K but 63X is listed as a 980C. Can you post a photo of the Serial Number plate.? Also you mentioned E353 which is nothing to do with a tilt lever sensor. Again, can you post a photo of the monitor panel showing the Code.

  2. #2OscarDiaz2023-08-12 15:10

    This the photo panel

  3. #3Nige2023-08-12 15:17

    Can you confirm the machine Serial Number please.

  4. #4Nige2023-08-12 15:28

    Attached is a troubleshooting procedure for a 353-3 Diagnostic Code on a 980K wheel loader. You will need a multimeter capable of measuring duty cycle in order to carry out this procedure. If you would like a complete electrical schematic for your particular machine then I'll need a Serial Number. You can only measure voltage in the sensor power supply, not the signal. The signal is a 500Hz PWM signal and can only be measured as a duty cycle.

  5. #5OscarDiaz2023-08-12 15:35
  6. #6Nige2023-08-12 16:06

    OK, so the Serial Number is W7K01087 and it is a 980K. Would you like a complete electrical schematic.?

  7. #7OscarDiaz2023-08-12 17:20

    Yes, please. So if you have the troubleshooting 352-2 please could you send me?, 352 lift lever sensor Regards.

  8. #8Nige2023-08-12 17:53

    See attached. The first thing you need to check if you have all of 350-3, 352-3, & 353-3 is Fuse 39 is OK because it supplies power to all those sensors. Electrical schematic on the way. Check your messages.

  9. #9OscarDiaz2023-08-12 17:57

    Ok Thanks

  10. #10OscarDiaz2023-08-13 10:54

    I Connect the multimeter one wire on signal and other wire in ground but I don’t have hertz only have voltage -4.7Vdc to +4.7 vDC

  11. #11OscarDiaz2023-08-13 10:57

    This the measuring in hz

  12. #12Nige2023-08-13 12:20

    Whichever button you press to measure a frequency reading in Hz, press it twice. That should take you to a duty cycle measurement and the Hz icon should change to %.

  13. #13OscarDiaz2023-08-13 14:47

    OK, the meter don't have % only have Hz.

  14. #14OscarDiaz2023-08-13 15:41

    We have 485hz. do you know what is the issue?

  15. #15Nige2023-08-13 16:43

    The specification is 500 +/- 50Hz, so the frequency is fine. I checked and your Fluke 179 meter does not measure duty cycle, only frequency. You need to find a meter that measures duty cycle because that is how the sensor output signal is measured.

  16. #16OscarDiaz2023-08-13 17:12

    Yes I have other meter that is good to measurement hz %. So do you think that ECM is bad?

  17. #17Nige2023-08-13 17:33

    Carry out the troubleshooting procedures and post up the results, especially the measurement of the signal duty cycle on the lift & tilt lever sensors. the values on the table below show what you should be aiming for. Nothing you have done so far gives any indication that the ECM might be bad. If you carry out the troubleshooting procedure correctly it will identify which component is defective.

  18. #18OscarDiaz2023-08-14 09:39

    Ok, So what should I do is move the lever so that it gives me these values?

  19. #19Nige2023-08-14 10:35

    Not exactly. 1. With the key on measure the duty cycle value with the lever in neutral. 2. Push the lever all the way forward. Measure again. 3. Pull the lever all the way back. Measure again. Then repeat the same three tests with the other lever.

  20. #20OscarDiaz2023-08-14 12:51

    The joystick implemented is bad, Thank you.