Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tilting cab on bobcat 442 or terex hr32

fourwheelinj1 · 2025-01-31 15:28

I need to remove my swivel joint to replace the seals in it. To do that I need to tilt the cab. I have mounted the hinges and removed the front cab bolts. I have the nuts that are inside the cab off on the back bolts but I need to unscrew the bolt enough that it allows the cab to tilt without hitting. I can’t figure how to get to the bottom of the right rear bolt. I don’t see how you can possibly access it. My service manual says remove bolt with no explanation of how to get to it. Not sure why Terex didn’t just use a bolt from the top into a welded nut instead of the terrible inaccessible design. Anyone got any tips? I am hoping I am just missing something easy but as of now I am stumped.

Replies8
  1. #1walkerb2025-02-18 11:36

    Hi first where did you get your hing for i needs two of them you should be able to take the bolts out in front of the foot rest and reinstall them after you slide it under the front of the foot rest and body

  2. #2walkerb2025-02-18 11:38
  3. #3walkerb2025-02-18 11:39
  4. #4walkerb2025-02-18 11:40
  5. #5fourwheelinj12025-02-18 23:06

    I actually made my hinges. Bobcat wanted $715 each which is highway robbery so I copied their design and made my own for $80 for the pair. I finally got the cab tilted but the back cab bolt closest to the engine was a pain to get to. I did it from the top with a stud installer socket and I cut a slot in top of bolt and used a flat blade screwdriver to spin it down the rest of the way far enough to allow it to tilt. Such a bad design considering you have to tilt the cab to work on a lot of stuff. I am trying to remove the leaking swivel joint so I can teplace the seals.

  6. #6walkerb2025-02-19 18:25

    Hi can you send me some pictures of your hing i need to make two of them as well thanks for any help you can give i have a leak on my 422

  7. #7LoriM2026-07-09 10:17

    Could I get you to make me 2 hinges?

  8. #8philippa2026-07-16 05:46

    Would it be possible to send design of the hinges you made for your bobcat please