Hey fellas- I'm working on a borrowed '99 Timberjack 460 grapple skidder that is stuck in park. The owner warned me that it will do this from time to time, but it hasn't turned a tire since it got off the lowboy and was parked. Park brake light won't come off and dash reads error 4o. Owner said he changed solenoids/coils just recently to see if this was issue, and I tested the electronic gear shifter by putting it in the 'limp home mode' -- no change. I've read that the park brake is electronically set, and hydraulically released. Is this correct? Any ideas or suggestions on how I might chase this problem down? I'm assuming that this is most likely an electronic problem, but I'm all ears. Thanks!
As I recall there was some kind of procedure to get the park brake to come loose. As I recall you had to hold the service brake down, release the park brake handle or switch and then shift the transmission into gear. The park would then release. It has been years so I could be wrong. Good Luck
Thanks, but I was using that sequence. Wondering what I could do to isolate the problem.