Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Time for an Introduction

clydecrashcop ยท 2017-08-20 13:34

Greetings to all. My name is Clyde and I live in N. central Minn. Crowding 70 and used to haul heavy equipment and machinery. Not the really big stuff but sort of the big stuff. I quit work about 12 years ago, never retired just quit work and work harder now that i ever did. I am not nearly as smart as i used to think i was, just a prisoner of my own s--t. As far a user names go just picked the first thing that came into my head. I sold my pete and lowboy. Dont miss them all that much but kinda do. For my almost 30 years of truckin i drove the one truck for 25 years and got just a wisker over 3,000,000 miles of traveling the us and canada. I am not an operator but i did learn how to get all the machines off and on my lowboy . Dangerous huh? Me and kathy have a small farmstead on the Miassissippi river, own a couple of tractors, one kind of big a moline and a little white diesel 4 wheel drive. Also have an hd 5 allis C. crawler shovel and will be buying pretty soon a medium sized dozer. I jumped in with a couple of posts and didnt really introduce myself. Hence my intro. WE have a few goats, we built a big woodshop, my wife hand spins, weaves and knits, and i cause most of the trouble. I collect fairly large vintage woodworking and metal working machinery. We keep a garden and kathy bakes all of our bread. Kind of an old fashioned homestead if u will. Enough of my bs. What are your thoughts on a case750 or a td15, early international. By the way looking for ripper teeth on my hd 5, it came with a ripper. Thank you all for reading. The post a re very informative and a good read, Clyde

Replies3
  1. #1wosama931b2017-08-20 14:11

    Thanks for having told the HEF about your experience , iam sure that a lot of people will listen to any advice they receive . There are a few guys our age on the forum , and get to read the different options and photos they post , welcome to HEF.

  2. #2Tinkerer2017-08-22 17:37

    Welcome Clyde ! Interesting life you had so far. You are in good company here. Lots of old guys to. Ill be 76 next Bday.

  3. #3old-iron-habit2017-08-22 20:58

    Hi Clyde, Welcome to a great forum. Lots of good people here. I'm your neighbor a few miles to the east at Moose Lake and I fully understand the full time job working on one's own toys. Maybe we can get together one day soon for a cup and some good natured **** chat.