Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Time Lapse Rebuild

John C. ยท 2012-11-20 22:33

I picked up on this link a day or so ago. The local dealer did another rebuild which has headed to Alaska. http://www.viddler.com/v/f2bcafcc It's a 16H and I was told they wanted a machine with few electronics. Enjoy

Replies5
  1. #1d9gdon2012-11-21 08:04

    Unbelievable, they really do wear white coveralls.

  2. #2OzDozer2012-11-21 08:37

    I've heard about how fast those guys work in the N.C. Machinery shop - but that's incredible!!

  3. #3d9gdon2012-11-21 20:42

    I would like to know more about the arctic package on it. I know one electronic feature I'd like on it: heated seat. I don't qualify as an expert, but the H's seemed like the best graders they ever made.

  4. #4John C.2012-11-21 20:49

    Most the arctic packages I've been on had heating pads on the engine oil pan, transmission and hydraulic reservoir. Usually there is an engine block heater and fuel heater as well. Special seals are used in all the rotating joints and synthetic oils are installed. I don't know if oversized cab heaters, extra insulation or a heated seat is installed.

  5. #5RobVG2012-11-21 21:05

    White coveralls? You can guess what the guy that steam cleaned it looks like.