Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Time to get your ride out

Truck Shop ยท 2019-05-18 19:34

Been setting since last September, drove it a 1000 miles last year don't even need to change the fluids. Probably 900 miles this year.

Replies30
  1. #1funwithfuel2019-05-18 19:38

    I'm surprised, I figured you for a 70 Ford F250 guy for a weekend cruiser. That thing is nice.

  2. #2Truck Shop2019-05-18 19:49

    Actually I'm quite the opposite of what most of you would expect. I'm always the opposite direction from everyone else.

  3. #3funwithfuel2019-05-18 19:57

    There's always less traffic going the "other way"

  4. #4Truck Shop2019-05-18 20:31

    Everyone will probably think this is odd, but this picture doesn't look like a F-250 kind of guy. Only picture of me that's good, taken when I was 30.

  5. #5ianjoub2019-05-19 08:59

    Nice! I bought my wife one a few years ago, for sale now. It is a 2005 convertible with a manual trans, ground effects package, and 20" wheels. It is fun to drive. I just hate trying to get back out of it, crawling up off of the floor gets harder as we age.

  6. #6DB22019-05-19 10:49

    Drove this for a couple of years. Lots of fun !

  7. #7old-iron-habit2019-05-19 23:10

    Jump in and blast over to Whitefish and join us for the June 8th ACMOC event at Jim Cole's Snow Ghost Ranch. Maybe you know him. He owns or owned most of the Peterbilt dealers in the NW.

  8. #8Truck Shop2019-05-20 07:33

    No don't know him but I have relations in Big Fork.

  9. #963 caveman2019-05-20 08:43

    Sawtooth National Rec area Route 75 in Idaho (taken yesterday)

  10. #10John C.2019-05-20 11:15

    That looks so COLD!

  11. #11DMiller2019-05-20 14:43

    Just had my Road Glide out for a few hundred Friday. Going in for service Wednesday as I do not do low slung as well as used to and much easier if THEY make a mess and clean it up! Plus I get another 100 mile(Maybe more) round trip day in the saddle. Got where I enjoy heavy and soft slow ride.

  12. #12Truck Shop2019-05-20 19:20

    When I still had this one I road in all types of weather. I remember in 2013 leaving Ontario, Ore. at 6:00 a.m. 75* on highway 26 headed toward John Day. I topped Brogan Mountain summit and temp was down to 37*. There are nine mountain passes to cross between Ontario and Pendleton Or. Taking routes 26 & 395. I sold it just before I had back surgery on 4-14-14. I don't miss it but I still miss it. Afterward I bought the ZZZZ.

  13. #13DMiller2019-05-20 19:22

    STILL remember when HD came out with the Tour Glide, FUGLY, but many guys liked how the fixed fairing rode, I was into Yamahas, and they as well had fixed fairings but were more streamlined to me, Looked Fast. Then the Roadies came out, 'Shark nose', SWORE I would NOT EVER sit my butt on one. Owned and Rode hardtail FLs and a few piecemeal basket case builds, still rode the Hamers. Then quit riding, ALMOST 20 years off, decided was time to get back on and bought a used 2003 Road King shield W/S Harley. Nice bike 60,000 miles under our butts on that one with the early Delphi EFI on a 88TC, not exactly a powerhouse. By the time we traded it was quite modified trying to get a look I liked as well get rid of the turbulence around the shield than the batwing fairing. Then I rode a buddy's Roadie, he worked on me for OVER three hours to get me to ride it, was hooked after that.

  14. #14DMiller2019-05-20 19:33

    Then I did this

  15. #15Truck Shop2019-05-20 20:01

    ONLY THE SHADOW KNOWS!--------------------------------- What's that rototiller looking thing attached to the back of your cycle?

  16. #16DMiller2019-05-20 21:01

    That would be a N Line single wheel trailer Tracks and leans with bike Hitch is similar to a u-joint Will carry up to 100lbs of gear

  17. #17farmerlund2019-05-20 22:11

    Couldn't resist. My current ride.

  18. #18Bumpsteer2019-05-20 22:36

    Gave it a bath and had it out 2 weeks ago when the weather was nice...... Ed

  19. #19Mother Deuce2019-05-21 03:58

    " I miss it but I don't miss it." 1st image is before my hair color batteries died LOL!

  20. #20funwithfuel2019-05-21 06:22

    That thing is cool. Somebody was thinking.

  21. #21Truck Shop2019-05-21 07:39

    That's a nice Dodge pickup Bumpsteer.--My SB 1984 before I sold it 4 years ago, owned 23 years.

  22. #22DMiller2019-05-21 09:07

    Nice Fatboy also a '03 by the stripe.

  23. #23DMiller2019-05-21 09:14

    N-Line was first produced in AL, guy I bought it from bought the rights and copyright, moved the production to Des Moines, IA. Sells more at events as Daytona Bike week or up at Sturgis. Ordered this one, he installed the hitch labor free if buy at same time as trailer.

  24. #24DMiller2019-05-21 13:12

    The stowage 'dolly' pins in place to add some nose stability when off the bike, the trailer itself weighs but 80 lbs has a monoshock rear suspension and in the above photos the top one was in his shop just showing the liner as is in mine. There is ZERO sensation the trailer is even behind you in wind or on rough roads. This is actually the builder, runs a body shop in W Des Moines.

  25. #25walkerv2019-05-21 21:12

    Im gonna swap in a 5cyl turbo diesel into the blue 240d and trash whats left of the 300sd , thats the plan anyhow .

  26. #26DMiller2019-05-22 14:26

    Been and Back from the HD dealer, had a typical surprise with additional needs. Front Rotors have been warped for some years now but I will tolerate that, turns out the were also starting to crack in the webs from rotor face to wheel hub mounting, I agreed and they got changed. So for just under $700 back in shape for the next year.

  27. #27RZucker2019-05-24 19:02

    Super Ford waiting for a bath and acid wash for the wheels. I only put 3200 miles on it in the last year. Need to get out more. Maybe some new chrome or stainless tips for the exhaust too.

  28. #28Truck Shop2019-05-24 19:43

    D Millers Saturday night cruiser, take a crap and a bath on the fly. just joking dave.

  29. #29RZucker2019-05-24 19:54

    That Ford sure gets around on HEF. Seems to be attracted to a certain tow rig.

  30. #30DMiller2019-05-24 20:29

    Sweet set of Tubs on the Home spun!!