Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tinkerer

Welder Dave · 2021-04-28 13:20

It's my birthday today but I really wanted to thank John. I don't think most members realise he is 78 years old still working on his backhoe. He has been PMing me. Thank you Sir John!!!

Replies20
  1. #1aighead2021-04-28 13:33

    Ooh! And 5400 posts! Happy Birthday! Tinkerer is a bada$$. First (I think) to welcome me to HEF and always a huge help!

  2. #2Coaldust2021-04-28 14:46

    That’s awesome!

  3. #3Welder Dave2021-04-28 15:03

    Tinkerer is awesome!

  4. #4Pixie2021-04-28 16:20

    Happy Birthday, Dave !! Hope you're having a good day.

  5. #5Welder Dave2021-04-28 17:54

    On top of everything else, I'm causing some staff to do a double take because my name is the same as the director of Cross Cancer Institute. Maybe that's why I'm getting the 10 star service. LoL

  6. #6Steve Favia2021-04-28 19:11

    Happy Birthday Tinkerer!

  7. #7Bootheal2021-04-28 19:12

    Well, you both have help me out so happy birthday Dave and thanks to both. Tinkerer too???

  8. #8Welder Dave2021-04-29 00:29

    It's my B-Day not John's.

  9. #9Tinkerer2021-04-29 07:34

    Thanks Dave and everyone else for the kind comments. My b-day is in Feb. I unwittingly lied to Dave about my age. I entered the world in 1942. Now I have yall doing math !

  10. #10Vetech632021-04-29 08:28

    LOL!! April Fools a few weeks late!

  11. #11Steve Favia2021-04-29 09:29

    Oops sorry,read that wrong, Happy Birthday Welder Dave,hope you’re feeling better!

  12. #12Welder Dave2021-04-29 12:23

    I'm doing great! Tinkerer you -astard.

  13. #13Welder Dave2021-04-29 12:50

    Looking at possibly being able to go home early next week. I'm happy and sad the same time. It is so nice here.

  14. #14lantraxco2021-04-30 00:03

    Must be the drugs talking, lol...

  15. #15RickW42021-04-30 02:23

    Happy birthday!!

  16. #16Welder Dave2021-04-30 13:52

    What drug's? Probably going to get a few today. Friday is chemo day. 30+ pills and lots of apple sauce to get them down. Also get an injection. Looks like I will be getting a stem cell/ bone marrow transplant. Very cool what they do!!! ​

  17. #17HardRockNM2021-04-30 14:02

    Happy birthday! You're not alone - a friend of mine is 78 and still runs a gold mine and operates from time to time. We'll be fixing up a Kato/CAT genset over the next few weeks.

  18. #18Welder Dave2021-04-30 14:05

    Thank you to all!!! Posting gives me something to do that takes my mind off everything else. Not much else to do but watch TV.

  19. #19Welder Dave2021-04-30 14:08

    Awesome but I can do 1 better. Yesterday I got a call from someone asking if my MX track was open. He is the former person running the club and is 84 years old!!!!!!! He is slower and doesn't jump.too high on his almost new Husky 450. He had no idea I was in the Cross Cancer. I want people to know and he will inform them. Steen can still through a lot roost when he wants too. Unbelieveable!!! I did some landscaping for him quite a few years ago. I'm kicking myself because I never asked for a ride in his Ferrari 308! He also had 1 of the 1st BMW M5's in Cad. For his wife. Big fancy motor home too but now now he's living in a fancy senior's residence. He was inducted into the Cad. Motorcyle hall of fame for being the 1st. To bring Husqvarna bikes to Canada. I think they give him a bike. He had a Harley dealer ship at one time but got in the $$$$ parts business. He doesn't have too much to do with the son who took over the business. Sold the company for about 10 million I think. Son spent money like it grew on tree's. 40+ years building the business and his son sold it out from under him. I don't know if his son bought the business or what the arrangement was. Kind of similar to Tinkerers story of Tommy Labretch (sp).

  20. #20Welder Dave2021-04-30 15:14

    Forgot that Steen was a pretty successful welder before he got in the MC dealerships and parts.