Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

tips on proper control of bucket on track loader using leavers 1994 939

ted brown ยท 2025-10-02 18:07

tips on how to operate a bucket on 1994 939 track loader I am either too deep or too shallow

Replies6
  1. #1Welder Dave2025-10-03 03:56

    I sometimes have trouble with my 931B with a 4 in 1 bucket keeping level but I'm missing the return to dig parts. What type of controls do you have, joystick or 2 levers? If everything is intact it should have return to dig that levels the bucket to the ground after dumping. I made a mark on the bucket linkage to tell when I'm close to level. It takes a bunch of practice especially in hard ground. Teeth tilted down too far dig too deep and not tilted enough don't dig at all. More experienced operators could give you more tips.

  2. #2Tones2025-10-03 14:43

    A tip I was given 50yrs ago and still works for me today with all loaders including CTL's. Place the bucket on the ground with it level then use the crowd lever to control the depth. I got good enough I could trim a house pad with an Allis Chambers TL545 wheel loader that was old no worries.

  3. #3Welder Dave2025-10-03 16:55

    I think by crowd you mean the bucket tilt. Crowd is generally a backhoe term. The 4 in 1 bucket on my track loader is a little more difficult because it doesn't have a long flat bottom like a standard bucket.

  4. #4Tones2025-10-03 20:50

    To me tilt is a sideways movement like a dozer blade. Bucket crowd on a loader, digger or faceshovel is always the same.

  5. #5CM19952025-10-03 21:48

    Welcome to the Forums! Glad to have you. Simple answer - time in the seat. Practice makes perfect.

  6. #6AMBMike2025-10-03 22:05

    This. Practice being smooth rather than fast. Operate the machine slowly enough that you're leading the machine rather than responding to it. The speed comes with practice. And don't forget the bucket works with the machine in reverse as well. It's often easier for a new operator to rough the grade in going forward and smooth it up in reverse. The bucket has four sides and nearly infinite "angle of attack" options.