Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tire air pressure

Iceflyer · 2010-01-02 13:46

Hi. What kind of air pressure do you guy´s run in your backhoe tires? I have a Fermec 965 with I believe 16.9x24" tires (don´t have the manual with me here!). Rgrds. Walter

Replies7
  1. #1Willis Bushogin2010-01-02 14:46

    tire pressure This doesnt answer your question, but look on the tire, it should say something like max inflation ??? lets just say it says 50psi, then adjust the pressure down from this pressure, to accommodate the work you are doing, wet/soft ground, hard ground, etc Good Luck

  2. #2Cumminszhere2010-01-02 16:32

    Hi Walter, I'll upload the tire pressure table from the manual. Please keep us informed with any updates on the operation and maintenance of your rig. Cheers, Mike

  3. #3Cumminszhere2010-01-02 17:50

    unable to add attachment for some unknown reason I'll type it out instead. Models 960 & 965 Dimensions and tyres Inflation pressures Front W15Lx24, 16.9x24 12P R4 SG 1.8 bar 26 psi Rear W15Lx24, 16.9x24 12P R4 SG 2.6 bar 36 psi Front W15Lx24, 17.5L R24 IT500 3.0 bar 44 psi Rear W15Lx24, 17.5L R24 IT500 3.0 bar 44 psi Front W15Lx24, 16.9 145P NOKIA 1.8 bar 26 psi Rear W15Lx24, 16.9 145P NOIA 2.6 bar 36 psi Front W15Lx24, 16.9RxM27 2.5 bar 36 psi Rear W15Lx24, 16.9RxM27 2.5 bar 36 psi Front W15Lx24, 17.5LRxM27 2.5 bar 36 psi Rear W15Lx24, 17.5LRxM27 2.5 bar 36 psi Remember this is from my 99' service manual. I can't imagine the 2000 manual being much different. Cheers

  4. #4joesco2010-01-02 19:22

    Just make sure you have a good size compressor.

  5. #5Iceflyer2010-01-02 22:05

    Thanks Cumminzhere, that´s great. I´ll check out which tires I have tomorrow (pretty sure they are tubeless radials) and check pressures. Yeahh joesco I have a good aircompressor.

  6. #6JointVenture2010-01-09 19:27

    Hello Iceflyer, I own a '79 International Harvester 280A TLB with 15 x 19.5 front tires pressurized to 60 psi (413 kPa), and 18.4 x 28 rear tires at 40 psi (276 kPa) Sidebar: I'm looking for a used tire source in the NorthEast US, any ideas? (Don't want to hijack your thread Ice, so if anyone has any suggestions, please PM me.) JV

  7. #7Iceflyer2010-01-09 19:32

    No prob "JointVenture" I found out I have the R4 tires. Front W15Lx24, 16.9x24 12P R4 SG 1.8 bar 26 psi Rear W15Lx24, 16.9x24 12P R4 SG 2.6 bar 36 psi I just set them to 30 PSI front & rear. Run them mostly ´n soft ground.