Hi, need to replace the front tires on my Case 580b. Can anyone recommend a decent brand to buy? Really don't want Chinese junk, but don't want to pay too much either! Just doing light dirt work on my property. Thanks! 11L-16 is the size.
I put 10 ply pick-up tires on my 580B when I had one.
These appear to be made in Thailand. Tire 11L-16 Deestone D412 Tractor Load 12 Ply | eBay Deestone D412FEATURES AND BENEFITSField friendly performanceEnhanced controllabilityUpgraded load capacityOVERVIEWThe Deestone D412 is an all season tire manufactured for tractors and agricultural trailers.This tire has a BIASED ply structure.Manufacturers only provide the width and rim diameter... www.ebay.com
I bought these a few years ago 2 Tires Maxdura 4600 11L-16 Load 12 Ply Industrial Tractor | eBay Maxdura 4600
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Enhanced controllability
Various terrain traction
Upgraded load durability
OVERVIEW
The Maxdura 4600 is an all season tire manufactured for industrial vehicles.
This tire has a BIASED ply structure.
Manufacturers only provide the... www.ebay.com Seem OK, they hold air which is always a plus. Joe H
I have had good luck with Deestone, in rocky country......
Hi all, thanks for the replies! I am leaning towards the Maxdura 14 ply offered on Walmart and sold by Priority Tire. Supposedly Walmart gives you 90 days to return the tires to the store if needed. They are going for $139 a piece right now! I can't really find a good match width wise that is comparable to the 11L-16. I have some spare 315/75/16 and 245-16's, but I think one is too wide and one is too narrow! I really don't know! Thanks again...........
From my experience, width isn't an issue on a backhoe front tire as long as it doesn't rub when turning. If you have a 16" tire that you can use already, mount it and run it. Save the cash. I put skid steer tire on my backhoe in a pinch when I had a flat and needed it to run. The skid steer tire is wider, but mounted right up just fine and had plenty of room for clearance. I did put some off brand China tirs on the front of my backhoe. They're round, black, and hold air. My backhoe doesn't see 100 hours of annual use anymore so dropping big money on rubber for the backhoe isn't a wise decision to me.
Thanks Colson04! You think 10 ply would be able to handle a loader full of dirt along with the weight of the machine? Thanks again!
Depends on the size of your bucket. Look at the tire ratings on the side of the tire, they'll give a max weight rating. I think 10 ply LT tires are around 6000 pounds per tire. A 1.25 yard bucket of sand weighs around 3700 pounds. Front half of a backhoe loader probably weighs 4000 pounds, maybe more. The weight distribution on a backhoe is skewed heavily to the rear end, where all the steel is. If the 10 ply tires are rated higher than 6000 pounds each, you're probably never going to overload them. Take a look at your back hoe front tires say they're rated for and compare to the 10ply truck tires.
Stick with 14. Thank us later.
Stick with your tire size; 11L-16. F3 is the tread pattern. I've been using 12ply BKT-s but the current price is ridiculous. Amazon has Carlisle-s that are made in USA. 12ply. Bought four of them the past month. Look like Goodyears but for the name difference. Wouldn't be surprised to find out they're made by Titan. At $203 + tx they're a good deal. Don't be put off by the farm classification. They're Industrial-s. Carlisle 11L-16, F3, 12ply .
Thanks everyone, lots to think about!
Ebay has them in stock, Wally says out of stock. I'm happy with them, you're using it light duty on your own place, you'll be happy with them too. Joe H
My .02,, You are going to buy tires every 15? years?? Spend the money and get good ones or fuss for the next 15 years.
Cheap tires are false economy, they rot, check, deteriorate, bust cords, and wear out in no time. Buy something good, take care of them and they may last 20-30yrs in an application like yours. I agree also, stick with the stock size and load rating.
I just put new sneakers on my backhoe. For the rears I had choices, the shop give me about 8 brands he sells in my size. I went with middle of the road price based on his suggestion. For the fronts he said "Double check your size, that is an oddball and only one company makes them". I did and had to go with that brand because there was no alternative. Time will tell how they hold up. I bought the machine to use on my new property. I had visions of prepping the site for a house build. I decided to pay someone to do that. I want to get it done. I will do a ton of other things, like build my shooting ranges, make some trails to walk the dogs on, cut firewood, etc.