Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tire question…

Welder Dave · 2020-03-27 21:17

I picked up two identical wheel assemblies but am wondering if inflation can make a big difference on diameter. I picked the two closest at the store out of 5 available but the difference between the shortest and tallest appeared to be close to 3/4". The tires all seemed full but are rated for 50 PSI. I'm guessing the pressure was different and you couldn't tell the difference between 30 and 50 PSI without a tire gauge or load on the tires. https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/18-50-x-8-50-8-trailer-tire-assembly/A-p8786030e

Replies5
  1. #1Truck Shop2020-03-27 21:32

    Who made them?

  2. #2skata2020-03-27 22:02

    China

  3. #3Delmer2020-03-27 23:09

    They're not duals, or on a driven axle, the height won't matter one bit. Get the pressure close though.

  4. #4Welder Dave2020-03-27 23:13

    I haven't checked pressures yet but am thinking they are popped on the rims and filled without much regard for checking pressure. The taller ones did appear to have a more round profile and the shorter ones flatter.

  5. #5Tags2020-03-28 10:18

    Do yourself a favor and go have them foam filled, you’ll never need to worry about a flat or air pressure again…