Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Got a good deal on some gauge wheels today

Welder Dave ยท 2020-03-27 21:05

A few places are still open so I picked up some wheels and stub axles to make gauge wheels for my 3pt. box blade. I wanted bolt on hubs instead of just using a bolt through the middle. I think it will save on greasing and they will last longer. Wheels were going on sale Monday ($64.99) and stub axles were on sale at the beginning of March ($59.99) but they gave them both to me at sale price so I saved $90. I figured the wider tires would have better flotation for leveling. I still haven't quite figured out how I'm going to mount them. I'd like to have the option to hyd. adjust them if needed but have read where it may not be that critical. I was thinking about having the wheels pivot up and down and using a short top link (turnbuckle) off a tractor to adjust the pivot arms individually. That way I could tilt the box blade and adjust the wheels the same if required. If I wanted to add a hyd. cylinder I could hook the two pivot arms together. The 3pt. control is pretty precise so I think if I'm close to level I can make minor adjustments with the position control. https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/18-50-x-8-50-8-trailer-tire-assembly/A-p8786030e https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/1-250-lb-high-speed-trailer-stub-axle/A-p2080000e

Replies0

No replies yet.