Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tire ?s

rwatkins ยท 2008-11-02 12:55

Where should i look to get the best price on tires for the backhoe? Komastu wb 150. Alos i was thinking about getting the ones i have now foam filled. Anyone have info on that? The back ones are still half decent but the one leaks out to much anymore. Any help is appreciated.

Replies9
  1. #1Bartlanz2008-11-02 19:34

    Ebay and craigs list of you only have one piece of equipment.

  2. #2OCR2008-11-02 20:49

    Hello rwatkins, Go to the top of this page and look at McLaren... they're one of the sponsors of this site... I think, anyway. Look at nu-air-tyre-history... there's a tad bit on foam filled tires. I don't know if it's of any help... but might be worth a look. OCR

  3. #3rwatkins2008-11-02 21:47

    I didnt see anything on McLarens site that would work on the backhoe, but they have nice tracks for the bobcat that will be getting new ones soon.

  4. #4Pecord Exc2008-11-02 22:49

    Where in PA are you located? My guy in NY sells the rear tires for about 4 and change. I am only about an hour from Port Jervis on the NY PA border, Interstat 84 and my tire guy is only about half an hour

  5. #5Pelicanroost2008-11-02 23:05

    I discussed foam with a fellow that had it done on his Case. He said that unless the machine was going to be used on fairly clean level ground he would not recommend it. The explanation he gave was that with foam you lose the 'give' of air filled tires. The machine takes a beating and the operator does also. I was looking at it because I had a tire that had a leak but I could not find it. I wound up putting in half a gallon of Slime and the problem was solved. Later, Pel

  6. #6Bob Horrell2008-11-03 21:49

    Foam filled tires in a backhoe are not recommended unless you are always on flat ground. You lose a significant amount of traction on hilly terrain which makes the backhoe very unstable.

  7. #7taggert2008-11-04 19:37

    If you know a trustworthy equipment broker ask him to keep his eye open. I bought a brand new tire for my backhoe for $800 only to learn a week later my guy found one for me on a spare rim with 80% tread for $100. Ouch!!! (Post #2) Taggert

  8. #8CMH2008-11-06 19:24

    tires It helps to get to know a self employed tire man who comes out to the site. I have always received much better prices through these men.

  9. #9rwatkins2008-11-06 21:52

    Pecord Exc im about 40 minutes south of wilkesbarre on 81. Yea i didnt know ir the foam was gonna be that stiff. That would definately be bad for us. There isnt any flat ground hear unless its a road or frozen lake. I can try the slime trick but i will still need fronts for the winter.