Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tire Size

JTWAT · 2022-01-21 18:39

I have a 2000 Sterling LT9500 Dump Truck with 315/80/22.5 steer tires and 11R/22.5 drives. I would like to change the front steer tires to Floats. Question: What would be the correct tire and wheel size to use? Also, what setback for the rims? I don't want them to rub when turning. I also have dual steering boxes.

Replies6
  1. #1Coaldust2022-01-22 14:46

    Maybe a 385/65 with 12.25 float specials and a 2.75” offset. Pretty sure wider will get a rubbing situation. See if your tire shop has an assembly you can mount up before investing the coin. Good luck trying to find a 385/65/22.5 at the moment.

  2. #2Truck Shop2022-01-22 17:23

    Good luck trying to find anything at the moment.

  3. #3Coaldust2022-01-22 17:54

    People don’t think the supply chain be like it do, but it does. I don’t hear many other people talking about it, except Mr. Truck Shop. Is it just me that can’t find parts, tires, consumables?

  4. #4Jonas3022022-01-22 18:41

    We can get pretty much anything although there are new surprises and delays around every corner our tire and parts dealers are not the rock bottom cheapest but are very good at what they do subject to change at any moment (;

  5. #5Truck Shop2022-01-22 18:59

    Good thing none of you need a cylinder head for a DD15-16. We have three tractors waiting for heads under warranty. Now it's brake shoe kits, drums. Needed two #4 hydraulic hoses with female swivel ends, five days. That included going to House of Hose in Spokane aka house of hoser's.

  6. #6DMiller2022-01-22 19:10

    #8 SAE Female fittings were scarce a while, now is number #10. Local shop is having a terrible time keeping up. As to the shop I work out of, they are seeing sensor and DPF cartridge issues.