hi- last year we bought this machine, works pretty good. Already has been a lifesaver for a couple of jobs. Can someone post the recommended tire size pairings between front and rear tires? I would think the sizes would be related due tot eh 4-wheel drive (which doesn't work...). right now the rear tires on it are 19.5 x 24", but I get the idea that this isn't right. The front tires are 12 x 16.5. I think the front tires are listed as a correct tire size, but I can't find anything at all that says the machine is designed for 19.5 x 24 rear tires. thoughts?
My Case 580 SE has 17.5L-24 for the rear and 12-16.5 for the front. I am surprised that the 19’s fit without rubbing something.
that's what I kinda thought. I think someone in this machine's past put the 19- rims on it for whatever reason. I just hope the 4-wheel drive was disconnected or something when they put the 19.5 rims on the machine. thanks for the reply!
How much taller are the 19.5's or what is the height difference between the 17.5's? Width doesn't matter but height does. There's also differences between brands. 19.5L-24 was a fairly common size on backhoes.
19.5’s went on the K series, the one after the E series. Not sure if Case ever did a F, G, H, I, J, series and not sure if Case even designed their series that way but other than the CK, it kinda appears that way. There are other series out of order also. The 19.5 is about 2 to 3” wider maybe 4. I would have loved to go with the 19.5’s but then would have to change fronts as my 4 wheel drive works and I think it would hit the fender brackets as that’s why K’s have plastic fenders, I think. Either way, good luck to the OP on getting the 4 wheel drive working, it is worth it, as long as it’s not 5k to fix. Still might be worth it.
This had started me wondering now. I’ve just recently got my 4wd working again in the front and my tyres on my 580sl are 12.5/80 r18 on the front and 16.9r28 on the rear. I wonder if it will throw my ratio out? Not sure why I have 28 inch rims and you all have 24’s? Unless it’s an American vs Australian thing?