Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TL140 Fittings Help

LevelGrade007 · 2025-03-15 12:11

Hello everyone! Noob question, but I want to make sure I understand things before I start tearing apart stuff. I recently got this TL140 and I have discovered that the upper left hydraulic pump has a fitting that is leaking. Of course, it is one that I cannot get a wrench on and will need to take the other fittings off to gain access. My question is to replace the o-ring or the whole fitting- is it as simple has unscrewing and screwing in the new fitting? Any torque specs? will the hoses I unhook have oil pour out or will they just dribble? And Should I replace the o-rings in the other fittings that I have to take off to gain access? Again, new to this and the machine so I want to understand it before I just start taking things apart. Thanks for any guidance and tips!

Replies5
  1. #1heymccall2025-03-15 12:35

    All fittings are British. Based upon age, any seals, when removed for access, should be replaced. The fitting in question can be reused all day long. While the fitting is out, make sure that the jamb nut can spin smoothly.

  2. #2PeterG2025-03-15 12:48

    I'm not a very good service mechanic. Any time I got seals for leaks I was never good at the install. My preference was to just remove the whole hose with fittings and take it to a hydraulic hose fittings store, and have them make me up a new hose. Then all I had to do was wrench it on. Usual cost was about $80-120 or so. Get some plugs so that you don't get dirt into the hydraulic system when you remove a fitting. A bit of fluid will come out of the hose.

  3. #3heymccall2025-03-15 13:15

    This thread shows your leak. HeavyEquipmentForums These "seals" are just Orings, British Orings. As the owner of a more than 3 year old CTL with British fittings and hose ends, may I suggest you purchase a BSPP cap and plug kit and a BSPP Oring kit.

  4. #4LevelGrade0072025-03-15 15:55

    I must be wrong in saying it is the secondary hydraulic pump. It is a smaller red pump located about shoulder height on the right side as you're sitting in the seat with cab up. But seeing the exploded view helps me understand how it's put together. Since they are a specific style Oring, I should take the fitting and old Oring to the hose shop to have them match it.

  5. #5LevelGrade0072025-03-15 16:08

    I found in an online service manual that it is the “B1” port of the control Valve.