Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tire source in Minn

Deershack ยท 2009-10-02 00:25

Anyone in the Twin Cities area who can suggest a dealer for 10.00 R20 tires. Don't want to take out a loan to replace my front steers. I have G186's by Goodyear on now. Apparently these are not made any more. Any suggestions as to a good replacement? Thanks

Replies10
  1. #1adam215842009-10-02 07:07

    west side tire in cocoran

  2. #2Greg2009-10-15 22:05

    Why do you want to stay with tube type tires? With a good set of used rims, or wheels if you have Budds you can put on tubless.

  3. #3Turbo218352009-10-17 18:50

    This is the way to go. What happens next year when you have to replace a tire that got damaged on the road. Yes it costs more than just tires, but its not that much different, and then you can find a replacement darn near anywhere

  4. #4Greg2009-10-17 19:15

    Around here good used rims can be had for $35.00. In my experience tubless tires last a lot longer and give far less trouble than tube type.

  5. #5carogator2009-10-18 12:14

    Magnun tire corp. Minneapolis, minn. 1-800-283-8473 have used for fifteen years with no problems. Ship directly to your door.

  6. #6Greg2009-10-18 14:00

    carogator: If for no other reason, split rims are a pain in the a-- to deal with. No. 2, why would me here in Wisconsin want to buy tires from 200 plus miles away?

  7. #7backhoe12009-10-18 18:51

    I would assume he's talking to the OP

  8. #8carogator2009-10-19 11:26

    i thought deershack was the one needing a dealer in minn. price and service made me buy from Magnum all these years, as they shipped to my door, always stood behind any problem tire,(only had one in fifteen years).Got four month payment schedule. bought as many as 40 steer and drive tires at a time.Bought Goodyear, Double Coin, Remington, and others.

  9. #9Greg2009-10-19 16:32

    I have a good tire guy and am not looking. I used to get calls from a tire company in the Twin Cities trying to sell to me here freight paid to my door. When I asked what to do if I had problems I was told ship them back and "oh yes, you pay the freight." Looked to me like a pain in the a-- to deal with so I buy things like tires local.

  10. #10carogator2009-10-19 20:39

    MAGNUM sold me the tires in the brand i needed, warranty was handled when needed by the local dealers. national brands can be warranted at any dealer nationwide. You get what you pay for.! Last set i bought was Drive Tires for my Volvo, Goodyears and my local goodyear dealer mounted them. Couldn't believe that i bought them for $124.00 less each tire than he could have sold them to me.