Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tires and pressures

Brandt ยท 2013-08-19 23:06

What pressures do I need to run my tires at?? I have 17.5x25 on a 23,000 lb loader 14.00-24 on a 26,000 lb grader 14.9-24 on a 11,000 lb back-hoe

Replies4
  1. #1Brandt2013-08-23 09:53

    WOW! No tire experts out there??

  2. #2kshansen2013-08-23 14:17

    Might help to provide more info. Such as make and style of tires. I know on our Cat 980G loaders the recommended pressures vary depending on if they are Michelin or Bridgestones. And when we still had some off-road Terex trucks the pressures were also different between bias ply and radials. When we get a new machine that is different from others in the fleet I try to contact the tire company with the tire and machine info and have them suggest at least a safe starting point.

  3. #3Brandt2013-08-24 10:26

    The loader is "constelation" series of tires made in India (bias) The back hoe is Armstrong Industrial lug (bias) The grader is a mix match of tires but all are bias they are all the G-2 style of tread

  4. #4John C.2013-08-24 12:28

    The tire manufacturer will give you the maximum pressures and load ratings the tires can handle. The machine manufacturer will give you the recommended pressures based on the machine. Tire pressures are one of those critical issues that no one thinks about until something goes wrong and there is damage to something or someone. No one likes to state this is what you should run them at. Contact a dealer of the machine or the tire.