I have a 1948 Austin-Western 99H grader. It's been kept inside since we got it back in the 80's and is in reasonable shape for its age. Runs well, even. However, the tires are currently falling apart. This grader has four wheels (not six) with 10-bolt rims that take 14.00 20 tires. I cannot find anywhere to buy 14.00 20 tires. My tire guy rolled his eyes at me when I asked him about it. Does anyone have a source for 14.00 20 grader tires? Failing that, is there a brand or make of 14.00 24 wheel rims that I can buy that will be compatible with my grader so that I can buy that (way more available) tire size? Thanks in advance!
Judging from the internet searches, There will be 14.00x20 tires availible through asian suppliers. I would tell that tire guy to look harder.
Try Heavykit Hi there Although, the site's new, try posting your wanted enquiry on (link removed) It's my new B2B for Buyers to place their wanted ads on. I can't guarantee success, but it might work! Regards Mark - Heavykit
Military tires,they are easy to get and have good tread usually Machelins, http://www.integratedpartssystems.com/IPS/items.asp?Cc=SurpTire&iTpStatus=0&Tp=&Bc=
Drop down to a 12:00 x 20. If you have to replace 1 due to rot then all 4 will need it. Most I have seen run a 13:00 x 24 as I have on mine. at a cost of $325 each.
I have a set of 14.00 20 tires and wheels off a AW 99H. 95% tread with newer set of snow chains still on them. PM if interested. 300.00 each or 500.00 pair. Not weather checked and are holding air. No welds on the wheels. I have more singles but these are good ones. I can email pics.
This is a test bearingsmith
I can't seem to start a new thread so I'm going to tag on here. I have a AW 200 grader T265 6646. It has some pretty bad hyd leaks on the blade lift and side shift cylinders. Does anybody know of a aftermarket, seal kit, part #s for these cylinders? I would like to order and have them on hand to make the repairs and avoid as much downtime as possible. Thanks for any help
Your grader was produced in 1965 My parts book was printed in 1957 The parts could have changed by the time your machine was maide so use these partnumbers at your own risk. If you have a fax # PM me and I will send you a copy of the 2 pages invalved with the lift and side shift cylinders.
Dwan. Thanks for the reply. I have a AW parts book for this grader. Do you think a hydraulic shop will be able to crossover the AW part# to their brand of parts? Thanks again Rod
Wow, you folks are pretty speedy. Thanks! I have a solid lead on two tires -- thanks for all the help.
14x24 are still available.......try Denman Tire, they will provide you with their nearest dealer location to you.
I have the same problem finding tyres for my 99h. They do come available from time to time second hand as I believe some of the big army trucks use them. Radial 1400 20 seem easier to find but they have adifferent profile and therefore might cause wind up in the trasmission.
whick-chick you can find the tires for 99h western from the market near old city, down the park. try there and then inform me whether u find any solution or not. thanks