Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help identify a Champion snow wing part

decee ยท 2010-11-01 10:55

What is this thing called and where can I get one in Ontario? It controls the movement of the snow wing. Apparently there are internal rams that are broken on this one and are not repairable.

Replies10
  1. #1plowking7402010-11-01 11:07

    I just know it as the rear wing valves and I would try jade equipment out of Edmonton I think they are still around and are one of the few that deal in older champion parts Good luck

  2. #2ledsel2010-11-01 14:41

    Are you sure it is not just the solenoids? I see there is one wire unplugged. It would be pretty hard for it to have a broken shaft in it. What would break it? Could be just a speck of dirt making it stick.

  3. #3Motor Grader2010-11-01 15:07

    Jade is probably the best bet.

  4. #4decee2010-11-01 15:58

    We took it apart. It's not the solenoid. Some dark thing inside is broken

  5. #5ledsel2010-11-01 16:16

    I guess its time for the scrap heap. Yeah try jade.

  6. #6ledsel2010-11-01 16:47

    Jades no. in Mississaga is 866-404-5233. http://www.jadeequipment.com/pages/default.aspx

  7. #7Diagonal Brace2010-11-01 22:48

    Champeen Winger They get fouled by careless people stepping on them when climbing up to check the rad or clean the windows or hook up the safety chain. If you dont need the wing slide you can just swap them around to get the wing going up and down again. Been there. Could also try a different style valve altogether. Check your local hydraulic supply house or even Princess Auto

  8. #8King of Obsolete2010-11-02 13:19

    we got those valves from jade, they are a little pricey but they work. we keep our wires clean and protected plus keep the valve clean too. remember it gets covered in the road salt for some reason. thansk KoO Published Author

  9. #9plowking7402010-11-02 21:42

    i used to wrap bothe the front and back valves first with fiberglass insulation and then with a garbage bag and duct tape to keep everything warm and dry. It made a big difference in how they operated in the cold.

  10. #10ledsel2010-11-02 21:45

    Yes and it keeps the sand and salt from the rear wheel off too.