Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TL 10 fan air flow direction

Wdrdb · 2024-05-01 21:27

I have an oil leak somewhere on my Takeuchi TL10, cleaned motor. Ready to fire it up and video once warm to locate the leak. Just want to know if cooling fan is blowing air through the radiator or pulling air through onto motor. This information would help me figure out the oil stains and find leak faster

Replies3
  1. #1ozarkag2024-05-01 22:22

    I believe it will blow out thru the back. could be wrong

  2. #2Wdrdb2024-05-01 22:44

    thank you. I believe it as well. The oil is all over the fan, if the fan was sucking air in, the oil would not build up on fan. I believe the four inch rubber hose connecting the turbo oil return hard line to motor case it’ll the leak. There is oil on motor block towards the front of machine behind starter. So the fan pulling air away from that area would target that connector hose as the leak. Nothing else moving oil is past tgat hose and oil on both sides and everywhere do you fan sucking it and throwing it around.

  3. #3heawill2024-11-15 18:32

    Yes the fan should be funneling air through the rad