At my new employer, I've been handed a TL10 V2 that'll kill the battery in two days. With all fuses in cab pulled, and the alternator removed, I measure 1.2 amp of draw. After 30 minutes, it'll drop to 0.8 amp. Gonna go through the schematic tomorrow. Just seeing if someone here has encountered this one.
Are there any other remote fuses with constant power on them?
Got called away. I’m thinking that it may be the Takeuchi telematics, but, won’t be back it until Thursday.
Telematics (GPS) from Takeuchi was the draw source. But, there was a piggyback harness to an aftermarket GPS tracker. So, I pulled the B+ & Ign from the Takeuchi GPS receiver's deutsch connector and shrink tubed them.
I was gonna say GPS. Had that issue on a crane a few years ago. Glad you found it, not sure how I missed the original post on the 15th. I guess I’m slackin lol
i have a 2019 takeuchi tb240 somethings draining the battery when it sits gonna do some tests with a test light between neg terminal to see if it lights up if yes ill start pulling fuses to see which circuit is the sorce any other advice would be much appreciated
A test light may not light up with small draws that can still kill your battery. The best thing is to put a multimeter in series with the ground cable disconnected and start pulling the fuses to see if one has a draw. As mentioned above, disconnecting the alternator can show the draw at times. If not certain about anything, just ask. Simon C
got it. thanks!!
so disconnect the alt also?
Yes have seen a few over the years that were sucking down the battery. Use some coloured tywraps to leave on the studs to remember what wires went where, or some masking tape to label the wires. Electric tape the wire ends. No mess ups that way. Are you familiar with how to put a multimeter in DC series to measure the draws? Simon C
yes. i’ll get into it tomorrow. thanks again
I am having the same issue with my 2018 TL8. If it sits for a few days I have to jump it. I bought it used less than a year ago and it was getting daily use up until the past month or so because of weather and projects. I want install a battery disconnect switch in hopes that will help solve the issue. I used to work with Cat CTLs and they all had disconnects. I found it strange that my TL8 didn't have one.
hi. i just installed one on my 2019 tb240 we’ll have to see if it holds up to vibrations. it should. i keep a close eye on it. but for now at least i can keep everything connected and shut the switch when it sits.
Just had a second one in with excess battery draw when off. I pulled the two pins on the takeuchi telematics on this one, too. Draw went away. I just swung the pins over to a dead end deutsch plug. The picture reflects them already pulled from the 12 pin connector and relocated into the 2 pole deutsch connector (from my collection of connectors). I could have just left the 12 pin unplugged, but, my OCD won't allow me to leave a cavity open.
great!! . where is this exactly?
Cab up. On rear cross brace. Directly under the hvac unit. First time pulling wires and I would get a communication code, but, I had pulled the wrong wires. The two pulled are B+ & Ignition. I also have a Y harness there to interface with our own telematics.
good stuff!! thank you
While on subject: there’s something fishy going on with engines in those. One of my customers TL10v2 started missing pretty hard. The only code was for DOC. I guess injector was leaking and washed out the cylinder. Local Takeuchi dealer replaced the engine for no charge, but did it quietly. Customer said that he knows some more people with the same problem. It seems that both Kubota and Takeuchi know about the problem, but trying to keep the recall campaign from blowing wide.
how about a 2019 tb240 any issues you hear of?