Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TL130 feul selenoid

miltime ยท 2019-06-09 12:12

The fuel solenoid on myTL130 will pull in but will not hold, I have pulled the solenoid out and put 12 volts to the black and white wire and it will hold but gets hot quickly, I have replaced the emergency relay and the stop solenoid relay and the stop solenoid timer relay and still does not hold, I put a multimeter to the plug for the solenoid black and white shows 0.12 volts then turn the key and get 12.2 for a second then holds 0.11 volts, test the black and red wires and no voltage till I turn the key and get 0.04 volts, Any suggestions?

Replies3
  1. #1thepumpguysc2019-06-10 04:54

    Its possible the HOLD coil in the sol. is burnt up.. happens a lot.. The BLACK & WHITE is the PULL coil & is only momentarily supplies w/ 12V & lots of amps usually from the starter.. The BLACK & RED wires are the HOLD coils{black being -} & usually get its power from 1 of the relays. The easiest way I found to test 1 is> TAKE IT OFF.. & w/ a jump box or battery charger.. 12v low amps & testing the cols 1 at a time.. When testing the HOLD coils, u HAVE TO PUSH the plunger IN & see if it will hold.. Not as much pressure is needed on the PULL coil but some will be required.

  2. #2miltime2019-06-14 10:20

    I have replaced all the relays , stop relay and timer relay , emergency relay and was told volt comes from instrument cluster and have also replaced that , now I get the proper 12v kick from the pull relay but am only getting 4volts to the hold circiut, feul solenoid is new also

  3. #3thepumpguysc2019-06-14 11:51

    Did ur new sol. come w/ a mounting bracket that has elongated slots.?? &/OR.. Does it have a "rod" adjustment?? {2 lock nuts} The hold circuit drops off because it doesn't require very many AMPS to hold it.. U need to adjust it.. The plunger MUST BE BOTTOMED in the housing when its FULLY retracted.. UNHOOK IT from the lever.. & activate it,,get it bottomed in the housing.. Now WITH IT RETRACTED IN THE HSG.. MANUALLY pull the stop LEVER.. The connection/holes MUST line up..between the LEVER & the SOLENOID ARM.. Good luck It shoulda came w/ instructions.??