Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TL130 Fuel issue

Bullseye Beaver F. ยท 2020-05-24 19:48

I have a Tl130 Takeuchi skid steer. When I turn the key on it starts for about one second and then quits. I have to turn the key all the way back off to try to start it again because it won't start if you just try to click the key over after it quits. I have replaced the fuel shut off solenoid. I can keep it running by putting starting fluid in the intake. As soon as the solenoid timer relay and the solenoid shut off relay become available, I had to order them, I'm going to replace those. Any other ideas? I have just recently replaced the fuel pump. It is getting plenty of fuel it just won't start

Replies3
  1. #1Michael Kast2020-11-01 09:43

    How did this turn out?

  2. #2Bullseye Beaver F.2020-11-14 08:18

    It was the temperature sending unit on top radiator hose. It has to be wet. I added a half of quart of antifreeze to radiator and that solved the problem.

  3. #3Michael Kast2020-11-16 18:07

    ugh! That was it? I am hunting down a variety of issues. Mostly a difficult start up, have to turn it over ten times or so before it runs rough for a minute or two. When it finally catches fire it runs ok, seems to be lacking power but I don't have a point of reference. After 45 minutes or an hour it starts to lose power and stall. I thought I thoroughly cleaned out the fuel system. Perhaps I missed something. It seems starved for fuel or have air in the lines? How long can air stay in the lines? Doesn't it eventually work its way out? This is my first diesel experience. I feel like I am chasing ghosts. ... The power loss usually seems related to the hydraulics. It doesn't make sense to me. If I am carrying a really heavy bucket full of wet dirt for example, it starts to bog down and it may or may not recover. But picking up the bucket of dirt doesn't seem to be a problem. And back dragging is also a big drain. As if when I am using hydraulics while the machine is in motion it has power problems6. It is likely more than one issue. I'll get this thing sorted if it kills me. And if it kills me, please! someone finish for me. Thanks for completing the thread.