Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TL130 Help identifying hydraulic components

azvacs · 2022-08-04 19:44

I need help identifying some components and thier function. The manual is very vague as far as what they are. Some just call them "valve block or sub valve". Not a good enough explanation for me. I have slow and weak lift arms and bucket movement.

Replies17
  1. #1azvacs2022-08-04 19:44

    One more. Also, is the circled area a test port?

  2. #2heymccall2022-08-04 21:59

    If travel works good, I'd suspect the gear pump. Have you changed both hydraulic filters (return spin-on and pilot cartridge)? Any debris in them? How many hours on machine?

  3. #3azvacs2022-08-05 12:08

    Travel works great since replacing one travel motor. I did replace ALL filters and fluids. I even inspected the little pilot control screens. The left drive motor exploded inside, so yes, there was debris in the filters. Don’t know the hours. Meter stopped at 948 before I owned it. Do you think I should go straight to the gear pump prior to cleaning out all the valve bodies?

  4. #4heymccall2022-08-05 12:27

    Boom and bucket share source oil, so valve assy is ruled out. Next...relief cartridge for gear pump system. Will the boom hold the front of the machine off ground when bucket is in dump? If so, the main relief isn't bypassing. That leads to the rear gear set in the gear pump unit. Pressure testing would be nice, but, aside from having to drain some hydraulic oil, the gear pump is a fairly simple removal and dissection.

  5. #5azvacs2022-08-05 13:11

    Yes, the boom will hold the front of the machine off ground when bucket is in dump. I do have a gauge set. Which test port do I use and what pressure I’m I looking for? After that I guess I’ll drain the fluid and pull the gear pump

  6. #6tack2.2023-08-13 15:20
  7. #7tack2.2023-08-13 15:21

    Did you ever solve the weak lift arm problems with your tl130 I'm having the same issue with a mtl16 witch is the same machine and need help figuring this out

  8. #8skata2023-08-13 21:52

    What hydraulic oil you running?

  9. #9tack2.2023-08-13 22:27

    10w30

  10. #10azvacs2023-08-13 23:13

    I'm also running Rotella T4 10-30

  11. #11tack2.2023-08-14 06:34

    I just don't understand why everything works great on the machine as far as the curl the exercise for attachments and the drive but he lift arms are very weak I repacked the cylinders they looked great but I had them apart so I put new back and I swaped the relief cartridges for the bucket curl with the lift arm cartridges and I pulled the spool for the float cyliniods and they operated good and are clean but nothing changed at all the grapple pinches hard and the curl is very strong but it just doesn't lift much and it leaks down slowly. Tonight I plan on pulling the spool out of the valve body to see if that's the culprit but any other suggestions are welcome. I have a hard time believing the pump would be weak mainly because the other two functions work so well. Also the machine will lift itself no problem but also will leak down very slowly

  12. #12lopushniuk2024-03-08 10:02

    Did you find the issue? I'm having similar issues with a TL130 was working perfect. Had a hammer on the front and worked for a few hours then it stopped completly and have very slow and weak arm and bucket functions. I'm going to pull the pilot relief and check it out today. But also need to figure where it is......

  13. #13azvacs2024-03-16 16:34

    Let me know what you find. I think I have been told that I will have to rebuild the gear pumps

  14. #14heymccall2024-03-16 17:13

    Has you checked the filter in the canister under the cab. I've had it blown shut before, although it was USUALLY accompanied by a hydraulic warning light when the machine was revved up. It is on the pilot pump output circuit.

  15. #15lopushniuk2024-03-17 14:09

    I found my issue after taking all the reliefs out and cleaning and checking. I also replaced charge filter. Looked fine but replaced as I was already in there. Ended up finding the float valve stuck partly open. Took it all apart cleaned and reassembled worked perfectly after. It was closed enough the functions would try to work but extremely slow and no power to even lift a 72" bucket more than a couple inches off the ground.

  16. #16azvacs2024-03-17 16:07

    Would you have any pics of those components?. Reliefs and float valves?

  17. #17lopushniuk2024-03-18 12:58

    I started at the main valve behind operators right shoulder, float valve is below left joystick has a electric coil on it sorry I dont have any pictures