Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TL130, Weak Lift Arm

azvacs · 2022-06-09 00:18

Another chapter in the rebuid of this machine. Replace all fuilds and fiters and put in a new drive motor. Unit moves good with good speed and power but the lift arm is very slow and weak. Cant even lift a half bucket of dirt.

Replies21
  1. #1skata2022-06-11 04:02

    Could float valve be stuck open a bit?

  2. #2heymccall2022-06-11 09:00

    Have you inspected the gear pump for damage internal?

  3. #3azvacs2022-06-12 09:19

    It does change a little as i move the pilot control and has a bit more power as i increase RPM

  4. #4azvacs2022-06-12 09:20

    No, have not yet. I was going to check pressures first

  5. #5azvacs2022-06-14 09:25

    Do you know where the float valve is located? And how would I check that?

  6. #6Toddgarage2022-06-14 10:05

    A few years ago we had a TL130 and TL140. If a remember correctly the float function is electrically controlled by servos. First question: Does the bucket have good curl or breakout force? You mentioned the lift arms are weak, but are the bucket cylinders strong? Second Question: are you running the correct hydraulic fluid? our old TL130 and TL140 and our new TL8 use 15w-40 diesel engine oil. Our old TL140 would occasionally drop out of high speed because the solenoid was weak. If the float valve were to fail, I would think it would default to closed versus open...

  7. #7Toddgarage2022-06-14 19:26

    “Controlled by solenoids” sorry for the typo.

  8. #8skata2022-06-14 21:16

    I do not know. Do you have a service manual? Someone should be able to give you one on here if you ask.

  9. #9Toddgarage2022-06-15 09:02

    the relay is behind the kick panel by operator feet. The loader control valve is by operator right shoulder. I know the 2 speed solenoid is by operator left leg. I think the float is also there. Either way, try the relay first. Check for power there. You should be able to activate the relays with the cab up; safety systems must also be activated. (Lap bar and seat pressure sensor if equipped.)

  10. #10azvacs2022-06-15 10:26

    Yes I do. But I thought I’d ask to shorten down the search .

  11. #11azvacs2022-06-15 10:28

    Thx for the info. I’ll check those out.

  12. #12azvacs2022-06-15 10:36

    I’ll get back to you later today about that. It definitely seems like the bucket works faster but I’ll check on break out

  13. #13tack2.2023-08-17 22:52

    I had the same issue and checked all of the other components but nothing mad any difference till tonight I replaced the loader arm valve and fixed the problems

  14. #14azvacs2023-08-17 23:46

    Where is the loader arm valve?

  15. #15tack2.2023-08-18 00:00

    Right side behind the throttle lever

  16. #16tack2.2023-08-18 00:04

    It's the stack of three valves that control the arms the bucket and exessories. The loader arm valve is the one on the bottom of the stack and is attached to the float solenoids and the leveling valve that are on the left side of the machine they have hoses closing over in the middle

  17. #17azvacs2024-10-01 13:53

    I rebuilt the gear pump and now have the pressure control vale block removed. Looking for a good hydraulic shop to have it tested and or repaired. Any ideas anyone.

  18. #18azvacs2024-10-12 20:33

    Float valve =self leveling valve?

  19. #19azvacs2024-10-12 20:39

    I resealed the gear pump. Looked ok, did have 1 minor displaced gasket seal. I'm having the main control valve (relief valve block) resealed at a hydraulic shop. Also resealing the lift and bucket arms cylinders. Any other components i should check?

  20. #20azvacs2024-10-12 20:43

    Loader arm valve?? What is that? Might be called something different in the manual.

  21. #21azvacs2024-10-13 15:20

    I'm having that control valve rebuild right now.