Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TL140 injector pump

Old Syko · 2026-04-07 08:16

Is there an easier way to remove the sixth bolt that mounts the pump that comes in from the other side? I have removed the other 5 and the bracket bolt and have yet discovered how to get to this thing. The only way I can even see it is with a light and a properly placed mirror and I can't even touch the thing with anything more that the tip of one finger. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies4
  1. #1HarleyHappy2026-04-07 10:18

    Harbor Freight wrench, bent, cut, twisted any which way, to get there?

  2. #2Old Syko2026-04-07 10:50

    I've been a mechanic for well over 50 years and this is the first time I've come across something silly. And I have every tool imaginable but I'm going to have to find someone to give me a hand because it's going to take 2 hands one of which goes in from the back and the other in from the front. This is the most fouled up design I've ever seen and I've worked on everything over the years.

  3. #3HarleyHappy2026-04-08 10:46

    Don’t you just love when engineers invent something so complicated and frustrating? Think they should stamp their name and phone number, so you could call them up and ask what they were thinking!

  4. #4Old Syko2026-04-10 13:25

    Not that it matters. But I ended up using a 24 inch extension and slid it through from the front over the starter and had another guy crawl in from the front to handle it with a ratchet while I used my endoscope and monitor to help get the socket on the bolt from the back with only enough room for one hand. How I'll put it back in place I don't know yet since you can't touch the bolt with your hand but I'll likely use a magnetic socket. We'll see.