Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 246C Joystick Repair

Broken Again · 2026-04-04 23:25

Looking for a place that either rebuilds these joysticks or sells the parts to replace the sensor pad inside the joystick base.

Replies4
  1. #1Tyler d4c2026-04-05 08:45

    Thats a place we all are looking for! So far it doesnt exist. Would sure save some moneys

  2. #2Nige2026-04-05 10:25

    It’s called your local Cat dealer. Ask for a Reman base, they are half the price of a new one. From memory the Part Numbers are 20R8911 and 20R8912 depending on which side you want. The companies who manufacture these components have exclusive supply agreements with Cat. That’s how repair parts do not get into the market. That and the fact that most of this type of sensor work on a 5v power supply but Cat ones work on 8v. Therefore generic parts won’t work in Cat components. EDIT: OEM Part Numbers and Reman below. LH - 456-0169. Reman 20R8911 RH - 456-0166. Reman 20R8912

  3. #3Broken Again2026-04-06 11:14

    Thank you for that piece of info. I ordered an OEM for $681, they didn’t say anything about a reman option. Called them back with your part number and got it for $539 + $140 core. Since I didn’t know that when I replaced the other a year I asked about getting a core on that one too and they said no, it only applies to remand. Dumb!

  4. #4Nige2026-04-06 11:57

    A good parts person should have told you about the Reman option. Make of that what you will.