Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tl140 no power to starter

charles pankey ยท 2022-04-05 19:50

Took starter off had it bench tested ops ck good

Replies8
  1. #1Vetech632022-04-06 07:52

    How about a machine serial # for starters??

  2. #2charles pankey2022-04-14 23:45

    2006 tl140 serial# 21403675

  3. #3hookedondiesel2022-04-15 15:50

    Sounds pretty easy to me, either Ignition switch, Starter relay,cable to starter or starter ground. Go from there.

  4. #4charles pankey2022-04-18 20:04

    Where would the starter relay be located I replaced the switch took starter off had it load tested.i can start the machine if I jump terminal s on the starter also

  5. #5Arny L2022-04-18 22:26

    Look were your fuses are, its probably in that area, generally. On the relay, find terminal 30 and 87, its usually labeled. Pull relay out, 30 is normally hot 12v, 87 should go to your s terminal on starter. When you turn your key to crank position, one of the other terminals should light up, 85 or 86 and the other should be a ground, that's the coil side of relay, see diagram on relay. If all those things check out, then chances are relay is bad. You can also try jumping pins 30 to 87, eng should crank.

  6. #6charles pankey2022-04-19 11:00

    I ck the fuse location it's runs through the fuse for the horn no luck. Going to take it to the dealer. I have been working on this for a couple of weeks. I don't have a wiring diagram to show everything related to the starter.

  7. #7charles pankey2022-04-19 11:02

    Thanks for the info

  8. #8hookedondiesel2022-04-20 08:24

    Here's a little diagram for you to understand.