Hi there, I found a thread on here very similar to this but I have some unanswered questions that I could use some help with. - oil and rad fluid topped off - when the key is in the on position - I hear the fuel pump clicking repeatedly - is that normal? - I saw on the other post that the upper rad hose sensor might be out - is that the sensor coming in from the front near the thermostat? Is there a way to check if that is what is causing the engine not to turn over? - what is that wire on the outside of the radiator when you open the door, driver side, pretty low on the side of the radiator - is it related to the upper hose one, or is that the lower hose one? - any other ideas? I suck at electrical.
also, what is that break in the upper radiator hose - it's a coupling of some sort, with a button looking thing on it - right in the middle between the radiator and manifold.
That's where the water level sensor wire is epoxied in. Take the single black wire that used to be epoxied into that button, strip back a little insulation, and ground it under a nearby bolt and washer.
Fuel pump clicking is normal. I call It "the rattler". If you ever take one apart, there is no rotary action inside, like one would expect. Instead, theres just a piston going up and down (technically, left & right).
Hi there - so there should have been a wire expoxied here? And the pic with the yellow wire and also the housing - what is that yellow wire going to - everything look ok there? just peel back some wire our of the housing and ground?
2nd picture of yours above, at tstat, is temperature sender. Somewhere near there should be the black wire (cleanly broken) that went to the sensor.
And the coolant level sensor being disconnected shouldnt cause a "no crank" condition. It will cause a "crank, no start" condition, or a "start, then shut off" condition. On my TL150, TB180FR, and TB53FR machines, grounding the wire that fell off the water level sensor will indicate that water level is Okay, allowing it to run.
Great - well it is cranking -just not running.
I'd look near the two circles for the wire that broke off. The water level sensor, when new, has a 6" to 8" pigtail that plugs into the harness. Your looking for that pigtail.
heymccall - thanks a ton for your help here. I seriously cannot find a pigtail - i can't remember ever seeing one there loose in the 2 years ive owned this tractor. could it have ran with it out, and now suddenly caused an issue? I ran it last week - and it rained a ton since then - and the tractor was covered halfway up the door and over the top/sides. I did find another wire not connected, so i grounded it hoping it was it - but it didn't do anything. it was in the far back left corner. does the sensor wire go where my finger is in the harness - and get spliced in there?
You'll have to split some of the loom open. I don't have a TL140 schematic, but my TL150 schematic calls that wire "LY" in color. I think that's Takeuchiese for blue with yellow.
i sprayed the two wires sensor connectors with contact cleaner, and the engine started right up. thanks a lot for your support.