Hello and thank you for the help in advance. I have a TL 140 with 2200 hours. Recently it started the whole runs and dies and then stays running. I got that fixed air bubble in the upper hose. Now it runs for 30 seconds and dies. While doing this the low coolant and oil light flashes and when it shuts down the orange triangle flashes and the motor dies. Everything else works when it’s running. I changed the low coolant sensor with no luck. I have not changed the oil pressure sensor yet. However I did find the bypass wires everyone speaks of. Plugged them in and it fired up and stayed running. I didn’t notice any strange engine sounds sounded like it always does. My question is what did I bypass?What am I missing? Also the temperature gauge doesn’t work. Would that have anything to do with it? And the obvious has been checked coolant is full oil is full. And I’m doing a full filter change on it as well. Any help is appreciated.
You either have low oil pressure or a bad switch. Bypassing the switch removes the sensor which is telling the motor to shut down from low oil pressure. Get a hand held mechanical gauge and attach it where the oil switch/sensor is and see if the pressure is good. If pressure is good then need to test the sensor and if bad replace it. If its not bad then have a broken or bad connection
What should my oil pressure be?
Not knowing for sure, but around 20 psi idling
Update Placed a mechanical gauge in place of the sensor had 60psi at idle. Replaced sensor no change. Traced the wire and spliced from the sensor to the circuit board started it all warning lights gone runs like a champ. For those that don’t know the oil pressure sensor is below the oil filter and is easily accessed from the rear belly pan. The wire I spliced is green with a black tracer. Thank you Alldodge for your help. This fiasco taught me a lot about this machine.
Where are those by pass wires? Mine is doing the same thing but I can't seem to find where they are. Thanks, Tim
Typically, they'll be a male and female bullet connector, side by side, taped to the door harness. Near the door pivot and generally wrapped up with blue electrical tape. Loosen from the tape and connect them together.
Mine seem to be doing the same thing. I have replaced the oil pressure sensor the temp sensor above the thermostat and the coolant level sensor. What is the permanent fix that won't hurt the machine?
Thanks for being a part of this forum. It's great to see people come together to help others!
HE said it was a bad wire from the oil pressure switch so he ran another to the front display and it fixed it. Its a shorted wire on oil pressure switch. Did u fix yours?