Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TL150 crank but won’t start

gus.a2272 ยท 2020-03-11 09:39

Hello all, wondering if you could help. I have a TL150 and 1 of my people overheated it, now it will crank but won't start. I changed the fuel filter, made sure coolant is full. Any suggestions are welcome.

Replies2
  1. #1heymccall2020-03-11 12:16

    To verify if it's a fuel problem, the fuel stop solenoid can be removed. Once the stop solenoid is removed, the unit will start if it's not a fuel supply issue, and you will NOT be able to shut it off until you poke a finger into the solenoid hole and push the stop lever. No rotating parts in there, and oil loss is negligible when run without the solenoid in place. The rub is that the solenoid is on the hack side of the injection pump and way under. I usually pull the fuel filter and use a long extension, deep 10mm socket and a swivel. Also, don't lose the oring on the stop solenoid, as it must be ordered separately from the solenoid. I've also had many issues with debris clogging the tank outlet elbow and prefilter separator inlet elbow.

  2. #2MarshallPowerGen2020-03-11 17:22

    Any smoke while cranking? Glow plugs functioning? What caused the overheat?