Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TL150 Takeuchi Yanmar 4tnv106t Injector seals/ valve cover alighnment??

Jered ยท 2019-09-25 00:11

I'm putting this machine back together and I'm having an issue installing the injector lines back through the valve cover. The first two cylinders the valve cover seems to sit high, and the back two its too low. Is there a trick for setting the height on the injectors or something? Thanks, Jered

Replies3
  1. #1heymccall2019-09-25 00:35

    33 is O-ring for barrel of injector to keep oil from injector hole. 31 and 32 are compression seal and protector. One of each per hole. Could you have doubled up on #32 in two of the bores, and left them out of the other two? The height isn't adjustable except by omitting or doubling up on #32.

  2. #2DIYDAVE2019-09-25 06:14

    That would my question, too, Heymccall!

  3. #3Jered2019-09-25 09:56

    I'll take a look at that, the engine was apart when I got it and I did not replace these seals, but sounds like a likely explanation. I put the engine back together and started it without the valve cover on it, I wasn't expecting such a hard time getting the lines on after I put the cover on. I'll pull the injectors out and take a look. Thank you!