model year 2000 grove crane tms750b all of a sudden I got so much power that nothing could stop it, but when Idle it misses real bad , and when you step on the accelerator it has nasty black smoke , but lots of power . Missis a little when high idle . What am I looking at ? What am I up against ? A sensor ? Or a injector being over fueled ? It’s got a weird injector pump , it’s got the accumulator ,low pressure, type a pump , and it electric . Thanks for the help . I could post a video if I have to , but have to up load to YouTube first.
Check the oil.. if a tip has blown off.. it'll fill the crankcase w/ fuel.. BTW> tips blow off because of water in the fuel..
This morning it runns perfect again and all the while the engine is a little under power . What else could cause this
What year is your crane steve? That should be a 8.3 cummins engine, but I don't know if you are mechanical injector pump, or a electronic controlled pump. A picture of the top of the drivers side of the motor showing the injector pump should let us know what you have.
It’s a 2000 , 8.3 electronic control Cummins , with the accumulator styl pump
Sorry steve, I'm not familiar enough with the 8.3 electrical to give you any advice. Just wild guessing, a lot of black smoke and a extra power could be a timing issue. But I don't know enough about the electronic engines to know how it could slip time. It could also be a injector issue itself. Like thepumpguys suggested. I'd think any competent shop in either on road trucks or equipment could help. I don't know that I would expect a "Grove" mechanic to really know the engine side of it very well.