WE OWN A KOEHRING 305 CRANE/EXCAVATOR. WHEN WE FIRST BOUGHT IT BACK IN THE 60'S IT WAS AN EXCAVATOR AND LIKE SO MANY OTHERS WE TURNED IT INTO A CRANE. NOW, MANY YEARS LATER WE ARE TRYING TO RESTORE HER INTO AN EXCAVATOR. WE STILL HAVE ALL THE PARTS TO DO THIS OTHER THAN THE DIGGING DRUM, PART# 229UA458A. IT HAS BEEN VERY HARD TO LOCATE ONE. THIS GOES IN PLACE OF THE LAGGING DRUM NEXT TO THE CAB. IT BASICALLY LOOKS LIKE A WIRE ROPE DRUM WITH A SPROCKET ATTACHED TO IT. IF ANYONE HAS ANY LEADS ON WHERE I COULD POSSIBLY FIND ONE I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. THANK YOU, JOHN H.
I belong to Rockbuster's. There is a guy named Jeff in CT. He has a bunch of iron he is moving including a 1066 Koehring, He is also advertising Several small Bucyrus shovels/cranes as well as a Lima crane. He has a goodly amount of cool stuff. While he is not advertising a 305 or parts for sale... I will be willing to bet that if there is one in the neighborhood he knows who has it. If your interested message me and I will give you his number. Might be worth a shot.
YES, please that would be great. I've been searching the internet everywhere, even Canada. Any leads would be a huge help. Thank you.
I sent you the ad.
The digging drum you are referring to went out between the boom connection points and was chain driven by a sprocket off the main drum shaft where you would pull the lagging off and install a smaller chain sprocket which would drive the digging drum, "which was a complete drum "no lagging" that had a larger sprocket made onto it. The location of the shaft holes is in front of the boom pin holes on the same frame ears. If you can find one your good to go. If not you might try using the drum that's already there that the small sprocket would go in place of and run the cable from this thru a fairlead. Some one called about this same part several weeks ago but we didn't have a digging drum.
Yes you are correct, I realize I didn't explain it correctly. We are looking for both the digging drum that mounts at the boom base and the sprocket that mounts in place of the lagging drum. I believe it was me who you spoke with, I did call you a few weeks back about it. I actually have a couple of pictures of another 305 that has the alternative set up as you have described. I am going to continue looking for the correct parts while the machine is.being restored but may have to use the method you suggested , these parts are proving difficult to find. Thank you and keep me in mind if you happen to hear of either item being available somewhere.
If it is not an imposition, could you send me the ad as well? I have been looking for a smaller face shovel/crane for a while now. Thanks, Rick
Attached is the add Mother Deuce sent me. He didn't have what I needed but maybe he can help you.
Thanks, John Rick