Some of you guys know i work at a Garbage transfer station in Newark. Today a Salvation Army truck pulls onto my tipping floor, he dumps his load of items the SA doesn't wan't. I have to make sure theres no metal in the load as i look at the load someting yellow catches my eye, i pull it out and low and behold i find a Tonka dump truck. I set it down and keep looking through the load. Thers no metal so i pick up the tonka truck and give it a once over, i'm in shock! This thing looks brand new, the hard rubber tires have no scuff marks on them, the paint looks never used, it looks brand new.......Its a 70's model tonka truck, i just cant belive it! Here's a pick of what it looks like, mine looks better!
They don't make them like that anymore. I must have hauled a million scale yards with one of those and the loader that went with it. Good find
NICE FIND!...wonder if that thing is worth anything
I seen them on ebay for like 20-50 bux... i have my origanal tonkas from when i was a kid. So i might sell this one, but :beatsme yet.
That's a good looking Tonka truck.I am old enough to remember the tonka commercials that had an elephant standing on the ground with one leg on top of the tonka truck.
This just goes to prove, one persons trash is another persons treasure. NICE find, I'd love to make a find like that.
Old Tonka Hear are a few pics of an old tonka truck that I coverted to a wrecker using parts from an erector set.Probably cant see in the picture but under the Tonka name it says it was made in Mound.Minn.The last pic is the tonka hauling in a "Stucto" flat bed.I think both trucks are mid 1960's vintage.
Tonka, that brings back a flood of memories! Thanks for rescuing a part of alot people's childhood. I had one when I was a boy until my step brother got jealous and drove a John Deere A over it and crushed it. One of the first toys that my 5yr.old grandson got was a new Tonka truck but it is nothing compared to that one in quality. Just an outstanding save. Thanks again for sharing.
tonka i live about 1/2 mile away from that transfer station. this world is just too darn small for all of us lol
witch one we have 2, SWTR and DART
i wanna say SWTR im not really sure ill have to see
SWTR is on frelinghuysen ave, and DART is down in the port on doremus ave...cool man!:usa
then its def SWTR and DART is also not that far i live around East Side High School so im kind of like in the middle..small world i guess