Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

DD9G model pictures

91J ยท 2009-08-25 20:02

The link we had set up on the previous thread had a problem so we took it down. I will post pictures over the next several evenings.

Replies21
  1. #191J2009-08-26 22:31

    Here are some more pictures.

  2. #291J2009-08-27 22:10

    More pictures.

  3. #3JTL2009-08-28 20:57

    I must say that is the most impressive piece of fire wood I have ever seen!!:notworthy The man hours involved in that must be astronomical. That is awesome man! I dont think my house is built that well. Jason

  4. #4Deeretime2009-09-13 23:28

    Awesome

  5. #5heavylift2009-09-15 00:36

    double WOW

  6. #6heavylift2009-09-15 00:38

    what scale are these models

  7. #7Logger1232011-07-08 11:35

    DUDEEE!, I wish I could build models like that!!! Thats awesome!

  8. #891J2011-07-09 11:51

    Thanks for the compliment. It goes well with my 651. Same scale. I just started working on a cat #16 grader. Hopefully in a few years I'll have it finished.

  9. #9Greg2011-08-09 19:30

    beautiful work, no doubt about that.

  10. #10Jdigger41302011-08-11 23:41

    Amazing craftsmanship dude. I really dig them!

  11. #11X Quad Operator2011-10-05 18:16

    Doe's any body know who made this model of the DD9G quad? If so tell me how to contact that person. I have a lot of hours on a quad just like the model, this model looks so real it makes you wan't to climb on it and go to work. Waiting four your reply. Mike Nebergall

  12. #12Jdigger41302011-10-05 18:34

    I dont know about the wood model BUT CCM diecast is issuing the "H" Version in 48 scale that are SUPERB models! They also have the triple 6 D!0 in push and ripper cats. I have the 10s and am waiting for the 9 to show up! Should cost 175-200$ and easily the nicest replica you can buy for the money HANDS DOWN!!!! NOTHING ELSE TOUCHES the detail!

  13. #13spanner2011-10-06 03:34

    That's incredible workmanship, I've never seen anything like it.

  14. #14X Quad Operator2011-10-06 13:26

    Didn't realize the size of this model DD9G, with it sitting on a door in back of the garage it's not 1:50 scale, I wonder what scale this model is? I could here my wife when I asked her if I could put this model on the mantle. What a great model. I wish this model came in the HO gage I would put this onto my train layout. Mike Nebergall

  15. #15stinkycat2011-10-06 20:20

    Mike were did you operate the DD9G's ? Were I was working the mid 60's we had 6 quad tracks pushing 666's also had 2 Hough D500's for back-ups. The 666's dumped in to grizzles and conveyed out of the cut to a fleet of 660 belly dumps used on the fill

  16. #16X Quad Operator2011-10-07 08:55

    Good morrning Stinky I ran the first set of quads made the front cat was 01 and the back 02 in the cerial numbers. Scarsella out of Seattle has four sets and I worked on 395 a 30 mile stretch and got stuck on the quad. I ran the quad for about four years and actually loved it. We worked year around rain or snow, I worked in 1962 down in California for Sully-Miller Construction they had about ten subdivisions going at one time and had to rent a lot of equiptment so they rented Burt Altfillish which had a brand new quad at the time, Altfillish Construction didn't like it when the quad went down that ment two cats sitting, I think they eather sold it or they turned the quad into two push cats. Stinky were you one of the lucky one and ran a new quad? tripple pushing was neat to watch, they had to be pushing out 70 to 80 loads an hour, down there in California the contractors love to shotgun 5 wide they move a lot of dirt and fast. Have you seen the scraper section with all the pictures I've put in there go look. Mike Nebergall

  17. #17stinkycat2011-10-07 19:53

    Mike This was at a open pit copper mine in southern Arizona we were working 3 shifts 5 to 6 days a week we were moving 250,000 tons of dirt a day. We would push 10 to 12 666's in the cut using 4 quads we had 1 quad in the shop for total overhaul at all times. We had a cutting edge crew working around the clock turning or replacing cutting edges on the 666's Their was a lot traffic in the cut. We also had 25 diesel electric end dumps hauling from deeper end of the pit

  18. #18X Quad Operator2011-10-08 11:11

    Good morrning Stinkycat What year did this take place? I would of loved to see this operation, all the equiptment I take it was new? My favorite piece of equiptment to run was the 666 scraper in 1972 in California Kassidy-Varella Co bought five used 666's they had been stretched 22 inches, and had four foot side boards, they also had High gear rearends in them, these 666's must of carried ninety yards or more, these 666's had full length ejector rams not a kikker welded to the back of the croud. One day the forman in his pickup clocked me at 62 mph fully loaded and on flat ground, now that was a rush to run, we were running about four miles one way and the contractor wanted to get the long haul completed as soon as possable, they pushed us with five D9G push cats that was the only time that we never had to fight it to get a full load that was also a rush. Mike Nebergall

  19. #1991J2011-10-11 22:34

    The quad model is built at 1:8 scale. It's about 68" long. It is not a kit.I had to measure and scale each part. Completed in "09", it took about 4 years to build.

  20. #20X Quad Operator2011-10-12 09:04

    Good morrning 911, I don't think that I have ever seen a model so complete and so life like in my entire life. You have out did the plastic model makers, the dy cast model makers, The models of the 666 scrapers and the DD9G push cats don't hold a candle to your model. The photos of the engine work alone they are price less. are you tackeling any thing else. Can I get your e-mail address promise I won't bug you much. Mike Nebergall

  21. #21X Quad Operator2011-10-12 13:06

    911 I ran the DD9G for Scarsella Construction out of Seattle and they still have four sets of the Quad DD9G's we had two sets on the 395 job and one set had the Parallegram ripper on it, sure looked neat on the old girl, you ever thought of making a ripper for your model?, I also seen a photo of a Quad DD9G with a U dozer on it feeding a belt that was an impressive photo and that would of been a neat dozer to run lot's of pushing power. Where do you keep your model on display? Mike Nebergall