Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tonka’s Truck Pictures…

tonka · 2010-01-25 10:08

Ok i'm a huge truck nut, i love trucks as much as i do equipment! Now i know your thinking whats a truck have to do with HEF. Well if you bought anything from your CAT, Deere, Case dealer in your lifetime chances are a truck got it there for you. Or if you like to drink beer, or eat a nice meal, a truck got those goods to your supermarket.... Here are some of my favorite OTR trucks and some from a few truck shows i atend... starting off Dustin Fosters Pete 379

Replies526
  1. #1tonka2010-01-25 11:08

    My friend David, his old Pete 362 COE hay waggon, and his new Pete 379

  2. #2tonka2010-01-25 11:25

    Next we have Botelho Custom Trucks... Jeff built the chop top Pete 377 for the Big Rig Build Off for MATS in 07, and one of his Pete 379's painted to match with a SS sided reefer!

  3. #3gettindirtyintx2010-01-25 12:28

    Those are some crazy clean Petes right thur! :notworthy Never get tired of seeing beautiful peterbilts:drinkup :usa -Adam-

  4. #4tonka2010-01-25 13:07

    Next up Carl Priest and his cool W900L KW. Man he gets into some tight spots!

  5. #5tonka2010-01-25 13:24

    Legend Warehouse and Trucking Nicest fleet of can haulers in NJ, my buddy Bryan!

  6. #6tonka2010-01-25 13:38

    The Jersey Shore's finest, my buddy Bernie... Orange ya Jealous....732 in the house...

  7. #7tonka2010-01-25 14:07

    My buddy Pat and his Pete 386, pulling a SNI wagon all over the USA!

  8. #8tonka2010-01-25 14:22

    Ok now for the heavy hitters... Randy Supak in his Pete 379 owned by Novastad Ent. out of Texas!

  9. #9tonka2010-01-25 14:30

    The Pride of the Novosad Ent. fleet..."High Cotton" owned and operated by Truett Novosad.

  10. #10tonka2010-01-25 14:44

    Richie Acosta's 350 inch wheelbase 05 Pete 379...yup it works everyday!

  11. #11prenn1984@gmail2010-01-25 15:26

    Sweet pics! thanks for sharing

  12. #12tonka2010-01-25 16:49

    Anytime man...i got tons, this is just the first round!

  13. #13qball2010-01-25 17:15

    i love a show truck, but i sure as hell don't wanna see one on a jobsite. i have enough to worry about without worrying about getting a pretty truck scratched.

  14. #14tonka2010-01-25 18:29

    LOL thats what they make paint shops for! Here's some "SHOW TRUCKS" that work everyday!

  15. #15gettindirtyintx2010-01-25 18:30

    Acosta has a crazy nice pete. If im not mistaken,he has the front end on airbags. Think there is a video clip of him "dumping" the front with a coke can under the bumper and it almost flattens it out. :drinkup:notworthy Crazy to think these trucks are everyday haulers! :usa -adam-

  16. #16tonka2010-01-25 19:02

    Yup it's bagged, it has a Faber custom trucks bumper and skin... the video your talking about is this one... http://www.youtube.com/user/on2itt#p/u/54/7lyy43VEvfE

  17. #17Red Bank2010-01-25 20:18

    Thanks for the pictures Tonka, I loved them all, it is one thing to have a show truck and another to work it everyday! I love to see trucks like that working!

  18. #18tonka2010-01-25 22:12

    There's only 1 show truck posted here, that 377 Pete Conv. All of the other one's have been to shows yes, but there working trucks first and foremost!

  19. #19tonka2010-01-26 08:57

    Ok another round... Often Imitated never duplicated, Vinnie Deorio's WICKED Pete 379...ex show truck!

  20. #20tonka2010-01-26 09:18

    K Pfeffer's Pete 379...plain and simple...but cool!

  21. #21tonka2010-01-26 09:23

    Matt Kanagy's Pete 379 with matching reefer...

  22. #22tonka2010-01-26 09:47

    The Boston Bandit, my friend Rick Sousa's 05 Pete 379...oh and this truck was layed over on its side in 08 and was brought back to life at Car Craft Truck Works...

  23. #23Eric2010-01-26 10:51

    Thank's for putting those out there Tonka. They sure are cool.

  24. #24tonka2010-01-26 13:14

    Thanks Eric, hope the dippin and trippin is going well!

  25. #25tonka2010-01-26 13:26

    Here is one of HEF's very own members, ClassicKW79 or Mr. Collins, errrr Picklez...and his beautiful 79 KW A model with flippie tailed wagon...notice the juice on the shoes of that CAT motorgrader...this cat takes the time to deliver them in style and on time! Picklez is a class act and owns a very classy ride...1 of my favorites:notworthy

  26. #26PonyExpress942010-01-26 14:26

    Great pics Tonka, I'm sure you've got more...don't hold out, post 'em up, PLEASE!!!!

  27. #27hvy 1ton2010-01-26 15:20

    I'm really liking the sliver and black truck pulling the curtain side. That curtain side trailer looks pretty awesome. The orange one is pretty cool to, but the interior just isn't doing it for me. Post up some more if you get a chance, i like shiny things.

  28. #28monster truck2010-01-26 16:58

    Hope you dont mind me throwin one in here that I drive from time to time :drinkup This is my grandma's 1993 pete 379, it has a 550 cat with an 18 speed. In these picks it's pulling a beavertail through a parade but on most days she hauls beer with her 53' spread axle reefer. This truck is imaculant on the outside and twice as nice on the inside, it also has blue neon lights underneath from front to back as well as inside the air cleaners and at night it looks like it's riding down the road on a blue cloud.

  29. #29tonka2010-01-26 17:25

    great looking pete, i'm like the unflipped cali mirrors!

  30. #30EGS2010-01-26 18:00

    Tonka those are some really nice trucks. I couldn't imagine the money they have in them. Keep the pics coming!

  31. #31JDOFMEMI2010-01-26 18:45

    Great pics Tonka! I always know I will see some nice rigs in one of your threads. I enjoy the nice rigs, but am just as happy to have them haul for someone else. I usually work in rock and other nasty stuff, and I have had more than one sharp looking rig pull up and say "You aren't puttin' any of THAT in my truck" and leave me short handed. I understand, but when I tell the broker what I am hauling, and a show quality truck shows up there is a problem somewhere. I really like the heavy haul rigs you posted. Keep em comming.

  32. #32tonka2010-01-26 18:55

    Yeah jerry i hear ya there and that guy is a premadonna... if an operator knows what he is doing you can put anything in an enddump, and on a lowbed. It just takes a little more time...i tell truck drivers, i got 18 years of doing this under my belt, and i aint going to put anything in your truck i wouldnt put in mine.... but some drivers are dolts!

  33. #33tonka2010-01-26 19:32

    a two for one deal.... Up next is the coolest cabover on the planet without powersteering! Brandon Smiths Freightshaker COE...

  34. #34monster truck2010-01-26 19:39

    When Im in equipment operator mode I treat every truck like it's a show quality truck. It doesnt matter how beat down, scratched up and dentedt it is I dont change the way I load it. Same goes for driving the trucks, weather Im driving joe dirts beat down clunker or my grandma's imaculant pete I drive it like I own it and the last thing I want to do is break it or put a scratch in it (and trust me grandma would whip my ass if I put so much as a smudge on that truck). I have pulled away from a few jobsites with an empty truck thanks to "hot shot" operators but it had nothing to do how nice of a truck I was driving. If your being rough on my truck you can find someone else to haul it.

  35. #35tonka2010-01-26 19:42

    Now the part two... Brandon Smiths Pete 379 hooked to a MAC wagon.

  36. #36monster truck2010-01-26 19:51

    Love the cabover, my grandpa still drives his 1969 pete cabover up and down the road every day.

  37. #37tonka2010-01-26 20:03

    Next up we have Chris McCue's 1999 Freightliner Classic...(check out the lower front fenders there one off custom from ETC)

  38. #38jimmyjack2010-01-26 21:40

    its to bad the beast is just a trailer queen :beatsme..... that was pretty mess'd up that rick was cut off , thats a bad turn , u go around a left blind turn , and right after u make the turn it goes from two lanes to one....not long after he rolled that truck the changed the road lines to merge before the turn....but on the bright side of it , the truck looks even better now love the long wheelbase's:drinkup:drinkup

  39. #39tonka2010-01-26 22:36

    Well the beast isnt a trailer queen anymore.... at the East Coast Large Car show it was driven there... By Bob Hillwick, Bob stores the beast for ETC, in his heated and cooled shop in Hackettstown NJ. It was just on the trailer to go down to the East Coast Truckin Nats in VA... In 2010 it will be driven to all the show it atends... YouTube - The Beast Arrives here is a link to pics of The Beast... http://www.toprun.ch/truck/09-2005/The_Beast/.viewer/viewer.html

  40. #40tonka2010-01-27 13:08

    The imfamous 717 gang... Well up next we dont have just one truck we have the trucks from the 717gang, or Landcaster PA or a little truckstop called Trailside... they all load out of a wearhouse called STBI... pic #1 Curvin Martin pic #2 Sid Martin pic #3 Justin Lang pic #4 Gab Hellman Pic #5 Shane Stoner

  41. #41gettindirtyintx2010-01-27 19:14

    Keep em comming Tonka! 717 gang, I may have seen a few of those a time or 2 when I still lived in PA. :drinkup -Adam-

  42. #42jimmyjack2010-01-27 21:10

    :jawdrop love the ext hood a model...........:notworthy:notworthy only reason i said trailer queen about the beast , was the two years i went to englishtown ( i think 06,07) it was on a trailer

  43. #43jimmyjack2010-01-27 21:12

    you got any of sal c red superliner? its one of the sweetest macks

  44. #44Cat is ALL2010-01-27 21:18

    You sure have a lot of friends tonka!

  45. #45tonka2010-01-27 21:25

    lol yeah hold on...

  46. #46tonka2010-01-27 21:48

    Ok you asked for it SalC's MACK superliner... Last pic was taken by my friend Bryan *flash* Wright...

  47. #47tonka2010-01-28 10:16

    Here is another 717 ride Jim Davis Jr.'s 79 KW A model...steel hauler!:notworthy

  48. #48Cat is ALL2010-01-28 11:24

    The only thing wrong with the picture is the lowrider seat. One of the things I think look stupid is a truck driver looking through the window through his steering wheel. Really clean truck though.

  49. #49gettindirtyintx2010-01-28 12:32

    I love the look of these trucks running with the relocated air/brake line hook-ups. Love the clean look between the cab/sleeper and trailer! Keep em commin Tonka!:drinkup -adam-

  50. #50tonka2010-01-28 12:34

    Bostrom Low Ride seats are the way to go in my book. I like sitting low and cruising slow!

  51. #51tonka2010-01-28 12:44

    How about a hopper bottom...here is a nice Pete 379...

  52. #52tonka2010-01-28 13:04

    Wine hauler anyone... Eddie's Pete 379 and new 389... he works for michael dusi trucking...

  53. #53monster truck2010-01-28 19:35

    Micheal Dusi has some really nice rigs, thier trucks and Nick Barbieri truckings rigs are usually the nicest trucks you see around this area.

  54. #54jimmyjack2010-01-28 21:40

    yup thats the only way....ive drivin a couple dump trucks with hendrickson and camel back suspension ,and the seats all the way back and as low as it goes , ****** ride is the price to pay when looking badass, its about the look not comfort....if u dont get it you dont understand:drinkup oh hey so if we're doing requests you got any of SRS fleet

  55. #55tonka2010-01-28 21:42

    Yup Mike has some nice stuff...here is two of his trucks with cozad lowboys!

  56. #56tonka2010-01-28 21:44

    yeah i'l get you some of Jerrys trucks...

  57. #57tonka2010-01-28 22:09

    Ok here is some of the Jerry's, SRS fleet and one of Chopped 93 witch sould just as well be Jerrys truck, since he ordered and customized the trailer in his shop and Todd's garage with 380 lights on the trailer alone!!

  58. #58jimmyjack2010-01-28 22:22

    thanks , i would love to see u put all the truck pics u got up in this thread...........love the orange and black, i would see them in town every once and while , they haul dirty dirt ? that at a pride and glory show?

  59. #59jimmyjack2010-01-28 22:24

    they have or had a tri axle too, no?

  60. #60tonka2010-01-28 23:03

    Yeah they haul dirty dirt, and a lot of salt, yes this set is from Freddy's P&G show in the spring. I'm going to MATS in march and will post pics of that on here. Yeah Jerry has a tri axle its not at many shows...

  61. #61tonka2010-01-28 23:07

    Ok here's Todd's Chopped 93, todd bilt this 93 Pete 379 in his garage the combo has around 450 led lights 380 on the trailer alone!

  62. #62gettindirtyintx2010-01-28 23:11

    :cool2 That chopped 389 is wicked sick! :notworthy Some amazing trucks here Tonka, PLEASE Dont stop! haha these are awesome to see! -adam-

  63. #63Cat is ALL2010-01-28 23:21

    Nice truck, more importantly what size is that loader ;p lol. The srs fleet is beautiful, never knew hauling contaminated soil was so lucrative.

  64. #64tonka2010-01-28 23:21

    Chopped 93 is a Pete 379 and it works everyday! YouTube - 1st Annual Eastcoast Largecar Show 2009 YouTube - 75 Chrome Shop 11th Annual Truck Show Pride & Polish 2009 Wildwood Florida

  65. #65tonka2010-01-29 10:19

    RIP Mr. Lindamood.... Ok here is my favorite Day cab, the late Bobby Lindamoods, 07 Pete 379...its a show stopper and workahollic! It's named the KING RANCH, after the biggest ranch in Texas...

  66. #66tonka2010-01-29 10:24

    more... of the King Ranch...and Jake Lindamood making dad proud for working it everyday!

  67. #67gettindirtyintx2010-01-29 12:36

    Hey Tonka, Would you happen to have any pictures of "Chopped 379" @ night? -adam-

  68. #68tonka2010-01-29 13:24

    Here ya go...

  69. #69PSDF3502010-01-29 13:51

    Some real pretty trucks. Don't see them like that around here.

  70. #70tonka2010-01-29 14:26

    RIP John Kimball...the boys are doing it right!!!!! Ok here is to making DAD proud... last year John Kimball was building this big bunk Pete 379 for the late march truck show known as MATS(Mid-America Trucking Show). In early march John passed away tragically, leaving the truck unfinished. John was survived by his wife and five boys, Jonathan and Nathan the two older boys, finished dad’s pete and brought it to the show…. Jonathan works his dads truck everyday pulling a reefer across the northeast…

  71. #71Cat is ALL2010-01-29 16:49

    I wonder how many bumpers these boys change playing in the gravel? Paint on the tanks and fenders must get painted every year also, things people do to make their trucks look good..

  72. #72tonka2010-01-29 17:29

    Most of these have flip bumpers and air ride up front, ride low and slow on the road aired up in the dirt. As for paint PPG makes a paint on clear covering most of there guys put on the frender fronts, boxes and tanks. here's Vinnie's flip bumper in action, check it out pullin out of the lot a 75 chrome shop.. YouTube - Vinnie's Peterbilt as seen on North American Show Trucks DVD vol. 4

  73. #73Cat is ALL2010-01-30 00:22

    That flip bumper sure is neat, I've never heard/seen that before. I guess they sure do think of everything.

  74. #74prenn1984@gmail2010-01-30 05:03

    Cat is All, the flip bumper is a actually canadian design! http://www.12gacustoms.com/

  75. #75heavylift2010-01-30 08:35

    Cool truck..... where are the air lines..... I didn't see them.... I got in a company dump truck for a day once... the driver had the seat air bag deflated and the frame ziptied.... that lasted about 30 seconds.... he wasn't very happy the next day... I must be a personal thing ... but I don't care to feel every little pebble on the road

  76. #76tonka2010-01-30 09:12

    they were relocated under the rear of the tractor.... @ 1:25 min mark in the video YouTube - Vinnie's Ride

  77. #77hvy 1ton2010-01-31 15:20

    I have to say i like the first pic of that truck the most.

  78. #78jimmyjack2010-01-31 16:04

    tonka , u got any pics of guida and sons KW , im pretty sure he's a jersey guy, how bout any of hillwicks fleet or any Action cartage or was it hauling, they had a sweet fleet of rolloffs and garbage trucks, or any of those crazy high hp trucks from up north......sorry for all the requests but it u never fail that when i ask or post a pic or video about a truck u got pics of it and know about it, so im gonna put it to the test :notworthy

  79. #79tonka2010-01-31 16:23

    lol....10-4 give me a sec... Guida Scrap Hillwick trucking Action Carting

  80. #80tonka2010-01-31 17:29

    Ok here is my buddy Charlie, AKA lil Hollywood...he drives for Guida Scrap & Metal... dude in 1st pic being a jokester my buddy Mr Dumps...

  81. #81tonka2010-01-31 17:46

    Ok Bob Hillwick is a good friend of mine and i have been to his shop many times. In a previous post i said he keeps the Beast in his shop, well here are the pics to prove it! Here are some pics of the Hillwick fleet i have pics of the whole fleet i will put up here is a teaser tho...

  82. #82jimmyjack2010-01-31 18:27

    lol thanks:drinkup ....ive seen that G-unit truck before at englishtown, got any of that one , in front of that truck is that a R-model mack?

  83. #83tonka2010-01-31 20:06

    G-Unit is not owned by Hillwick, It was just parked there for a short time, when it was first built. It is owned by the same guy that used to own 99 problems, out of LI, NY. Unfourtunatly after G-unit was at Etown in 07 it was torn apart and was sitting in the back lot at Car Craft truck works. Up untill recently it was in pieces...Car Craft put it back together and it is now ready for the road, and is for sale. Last pic was in 09 before it was put back together, its back together now. I have a call into Ant. at CC and i'm trying to get pics of it back together.

  84. #84jimmyjack2010-01-31 20:40

    ok so i 'll ask , whats the story with it , they not pay for it that why it was sitting and taken apart? i talked to the guy ( at least he said he was the owner ) seemed a little young to me to have that kind of money

  85. #85tonka2010-01-31 21:09

    Ok you asked for Hillwicks fleet ok here are the show only trucks...

  86. #86tonka2010-01-31 21:11

    more show trucks...

  87. #87tonka2010-01-31 21:15

    Now here is Hillwick's working trucks...most of them anyway...there are 2 or 3 not here because there never at the shop in Hacketstown, there at the NY yard...

  88. #88tonka2010-01-31 21:18

    more Hillwick...

  89. #89Cat is ALL2010-01-31 21:19

    Is that all these guys do, build show trucks? They don't actually work or anything? Just wondering how they can keep doing their hobby, I imagine it costs a pretty penny.

  90. #90tonka2010-01-31 21:20

    even more Hillwick...

  91. #91tonka2010-01-31 21:38

    Oh you mean this guy Anthony Grella, yes he owns G-Unit, and used to own 99 problems (Ceder Hill out of Albany NY owns it now). The word i got on G-Unit was it was it was a brand new 06 Pete that never seen the road. After the E-town show in 07, Grella wassn't paying the bill 4 it and it was at CC yard in SI, NY. CC stripped parts off of it to pay for the custom work done to it. In early 09 grella said he wanted it fixed and put back on the road, and paid the remaining ballence owed to CC, Car Craft then fixed it the way grella wanted it and it is now finished and sitting in a friend of his garage...and is for sale he told me...

  92. #92gettindirtyintx2010-01-31 22:28

    :notworthy tonka,your yet to let us down. Just curious, what is the average age of these guys running/owning these rigs? -adam-

  93. #93tonka2010-01-31 23:54

    um the youngest is Pat with the green Pete 386 is 27, and the oldest is Rick with the cream and red Pete with the Dump wagon he is 53. So 27-53 is the age range...most of the trucks are owned by younger guys tho. Like the guy with the orange pete he is 29 and he started working with an older truck and now has two trucks of his own, and leases on another 3 trucks.

  94. #94Cat is ALL2010-02-01 00:12

    *pukes* aluminum boxes are so crappy. They fall apart, they look really nice but aren't very strong. I guess a big steel box doesn't look so hot behind a show truck but still.

  95. #95tonka2010-02-01 00:32

    Have you seen a MAC...? There not for puting rock and rip rap in, but for hauling heavy salt sand, dirt, mulch, and frag loads there the way to go around here....and besides if they fell apart MAC trailer wouldn't be in bussiness!:Banghead

  96. #96tonka2010-02-01 00:57

    In Bob Hillwicks case, he has his own shop and works on his show trucks himself, yes trucking is all he does. As for the G-Unit truck it was built as a show truck to win awards, The Beast was built to show off the skills at Car CraftTruck Works/ETC.

  97. #97JDOFMEMI2010-02-01 01:01

    Nothing wrong with an aluminum box, sometimes known as a "beer can" as long as they are used for what they are meant to haul. If you get one and then try to haul normal construction hauloff, or rip rap, scrap iron, or other atuff, it won't last. Does not mean the trailer is junk, more that the user is stupid. If you are hauling bulk material for tonnage rates they are the only way to go. If you are hauling tonnage, and get 2 to 3 tons more per load, it pays to have aluminum. If you haul hourly, and work with a broker getting sent to a variety of jobs, best buy a good steel trailer. Tonka Looks like there is no end to the custom trucks owned by your circle of friends. Keep it up, some good stuff here.

  98. #98tonka2010-02-01 01:06

    Um there is only 7 "show trucks" in this thread...EVERYONE of the other trucks works everyday, day in and day out!! Hauling the good and services you and everyone in the US and Canada needs to live everyday...

  99. #99tonka2010-02-01 01:10

    Yes i do have a ton of friends in the trucking bussiness. I have been to most of the truck shows across the county, I love cool working trucks.:drinkup

  100. #100monster truck2010-02-01 01:18

    My grandmother who owns and drives the blue pete that I posted a few pages back is 59, she will kill me if she finds out i told anyone that! My grandfather who still drives his 1969 pete cabover up and down the road everyday is 63 and says he is no where near done. I myself am 24 and although I dont own a truck (yet) I do drive my grandma's pete part time, as well as other more "standard" trucks the rest of the time.

  101. #101Cat is ALL2010-02-01 01:43

    No i've never heard of a mac trailer, I would never haul rip rap with a new trailer though. For salt and mulch and lighter materials it doesn't sound so bad. I was thinking more for gravel. I don't mean to offend, I'm just curious. The really nice show truck that works everyday is a new concept to me.

  102. #102jimmyjack2010-02-01 08:08

    thanks tonka , keep it up:drinkup this is my new favorite thread

  103. #103hegartydirtwork2010-02-02 22:13

    how do these guys do it ? I have always heard that trailer dump rates are very low.In my area theres a ton of nice trucks running for Red Wing Sand and Gravel including quite a few Cedar Hill rigs.

  104. #104tonka2010-02-03 08:33

    Well a year or two ago prices were good. Like take NJ for example the guys in North Jersey didn’t run down south and vice versa. Now all the South Jersey guys are moving north and dropping there rates to haul. There is way to many trucks and not enough work to go around. Many of these guys work for fuel $$$ I don't know how they do it, and make $$$. All of the guys trucks I posted, have dedicated runs, have old business contacts, and back when the trucking industry was good made there $$$ then.

  105. #105tonka2010-02-03 11:34

    Ok here is another out of the 717gang...Dale Kreider's 1986 359 Pete:notworthy

  106. #106tonka2010-02-03 11:36

    more of Dale's 59rrr...

  107. #107tonka2010-02-03 12:52

    Ok here is one of the coolest trucking families out in Cali the Van Hulzen's out of Tulare CA. Brothers Kevin and Kyle Van Hulzen, grew up around trucking. There father and uncles all were in the trucking business. Kevin owns our 1st truck a 07 Pete 379 with a 36’’ Double Eagle bunk. Now I know what some of your are going to say that’s not a DE, that’s a Mercury bunk… sorry to disappoint you guys… it’s a DE. It was custom made for Kevin at the DE factory in late 08. Here is Kevin’s Pete 379.…

  108. #108tonka2010-02-03 13:06

    Country Boy Can Survive... Now lil brother Kyle...now Kyle’s story is the same as Kevin’s up until one day a while back. Kyle worked for a farmer in the California’s central valley as well as trucking. He was in a farm accident and had a spray rig land on top of him, busting him up pretty bad and was out of trucking for 2 years. When Kyle was healed up he bought an 2004 Pete 379, and went to work hauling feed to local dairies around can cal. In 2007 Kyle put a bunk on his Pete and went over the road, only to have another bad night in WI in 2009 and ended up on his side in a ditch... here is some pics of the crash and new truck and wagon...Country Boy Can Survive...:drinkup

  109. #109tonka2010-02-03 13:08

    Kyle's new old ride....

  110. #110hegartydirtwork2010-02-03 20:53

    tonka, that makes sense I never thought about it that way. I ve just heard that some of these trucks are running for 70 to 75 an hour and that seems way to cheap.

  111. #111hegartydirtwork2010-02-03 20:56

    awesome trucks buy the way

  112. #112monster truck2010-02-03 20:58

    That reefer held up amazingly well conisdering what happened to it.

  113. #113tonka2010-02-03 20:58

    Project 3408 Next up is Raul Acostas 79 Kenworth W900A model....well it's not a show truck or a work truck so I don't know what to call it. I guess its a garage kept mistress....lol...looks good none the les though.

  114. #114tonka2010-02-03 21:02

    Yeah he wasn't loaded when he went over, it was a total loss though...

  115. #115tonka2010-02-03 23:00

    Ok how about some cowchow haulers, the 1st is Hector Santos's 379 Pete...

  116. #116tonka2010-02-03 23:03

    Next we have Mike Maggini's #13 Pete 379...

  117. #117tonka2010-02-03 23:07

    And how Maggini Hay Co. moves the cowchow off the trailer and into your barn... 08 hayrunner hay squeeze... yellow and green of course...:notworthy

  118. #118tonka2010-02-03 23:10

    And just in case you need a peace of Heavy Equipment moved...Maggini Heavy Haul is your call in Cen Cal...

  119. #119tonka2010-02-03 23:23

    Oh and here is Felix Maggini's personal truck a 62 needle nose Pete...1st pic is what it used to look like...before the makeover...

  120. #120jimmyjack2010-02-04 12:15

    truck porn:notworthy:notworthy

  121. #121tonka2010-02-04 12:42

    Yup i got some of that to.... but i can't show it here...lol! :cool2

  122. #122gettindirtyintx2010-02-04 12:46

    ointlaugh Im trying to get some pictures of my old neighbors rigs from PA. He's running 3 Pete day cabs with tankers around the philly area. Keep the awesome pics comming Tonka! :drinkup -adam-

  123. #123tonka2010-02-04 13:01

    Well i probably have pics somewhere whats the co name...

  124. #124tonka2010-02-04 14:01

    Ok here is Bryan Welsh, bryan has a 77 A model KW just for xtra $$ and a Co. ride 08 T800 KW that are too cool for school...

  125. #125tonka2010-02-04 20:55

    Cattle pot anyone...Steve Browns 88 Pete 379 is top notch in my book...

  126. #126tonka2010-02-04 22:20

    Rudy!! Here's my buddy Rod's Starcar...rod is a huge Notre Dame fan... anyone know where the pic of the back of his trailer was taken....:drinkup

  127. #127tonka2010-02-04 22:50

    Ernie Adams W900L model...

  128. #128Drifter2010-02-04 23:36

    Hey Tonka. Why do most of those trucks have really long wheel bases? Like that Black western star.

  129. #129monster truck2010-02-04 23:43

    Just cause it looks cool!!!

  130. #130tonka2010-02-04 23:46

    Seriously because it looks cool... the reefer guys will tell you its for noise, but thats BS!

  131. #131gettindirtyintx2010-02-05 00:26

    Whats wrong with the long wheel base? :bouncegri Keep em rollin Tonka! :drinkup -adam-

  132. #132tonka2010-02-05 08:52

    Here is Cory Cloward's 08 W900L..."Put a little style in your pile!"

  133. #133tonka2010-02-05 09:00

    Micky Gwillim's 1986 Peterbilt 359 Slammed and Stretched...:notworthy

  134. #134tonka2010-02-05 09:14

    Alright who's got the Oreo's...Moo Moo juice anyone...Steve Vermeer's 79 Pete COE!!!

  135. #135tonka2010-02-05 09:43

    Ok I have to give you guys a little back ground on the baddest Corn fed Cadillac on the planet. Chase Shiver, is a young wiper snapper, he likes getting down and dirty. Chase grew up in the mini truckin scene in GA, he has built cover trucks for magazines. But he loves trucking more….Chase built this IH from the ground up, nothing was bought on this truck it was built! 1st pics are of Chase doing his thing….getting down low…dragnasty style….:cool2

  136. #136tonka2010-02-05 09:46

    and the binder...:notworthy

  137. #137PSDF3502010-02-05 10:16

    Tonka you have an album on http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/trucks.htm if not you should.

  138. #138tonka2010-02-05 10:42

    I'm a member there, but there all about Co trucks and not cool LargeCar's! I have met Hank at some of the truck shows i attend...LOL!

  139. #139tonka2010-02-05 10:54

    Up next from Classicvile, CO, Jeff Fowler's 87,# 93 Classic Pete 359! Before he got it it was a nice truck then it had a bad day and was laid over. Jeff got it and fixed it up to what it is today. Jeff also has another numbered truck, 1987 Pete 359 # 173 is in pieces in his shop at the moment.

  140. #140tonka2010-02-05 10:58

    more of # 93..

  141. #141lancef2010-02-05 11:40

    Great pics.keep them coming. http://www.flickr.com/photos/33654046@N03/sets/72157611655928908/

  142. #142tonka2010-02-05 12:21

    Oh you want to see Aussie trucks do ya? OK here ya go mate!

  143. #143tonka2010-02-05 12:33

    Justin and Turk Klos, build some of the best looking custom trucks in Australia! Here is two of my favoit’s the 007 and w900A model…

  144. #144tonka2010-02-05 12:35

    and the"A"...

  145. #145Ragingbull832010-02-05 13:48

    Those Ford powerstokes seem to always be on the back of a running truck going somewhere or a tow truck lol just kidding bud lot of really col pictures there

  146. #146tonka2010-02-05 14:11

    :beatsmeok where's a powerstroke?:beatsme

  147. #147Dozerboy2010-02-05 17:40

    Nice trucks. I knew a mechanic showed me some of the show trucks in there fleet in CA. Before that I didn't know of such a thing. 1 had marble floors and 10" stacks that I really liked.

  148. #148jimmyjack2010-02-05 19:40

    oh so we're moving on the the aussie's now? got any of HHA's fleet ? i love the way aussie trucks look , that 007 truck i think there was videos on youtube of that truck , but i can never find them anymore

  149. #149tonka2010-02-06 09:54

    Who's fleet was it man don't hold out on me, i was born and raised in Cali, there's prob not to many fleets i havent seen with show trucks.

  150. #1502109 Stang2010-02-06 23:11

    Hi Tonka any pictures of a COE Dump truck ,there is one around Miami a 9670 which I like ,I saw pictures of it from Meca's Show but the lens they used took circular pictures ,so not really good . I like to customize a 9670 or better yet a 9700 flat floor and make it a dump truck .

  151. #151Ace2010-02-08 00:43

    Heres what I got to drive at my old job, not quite a show truck but I really liked it. The boss was a big Minnesota Vikings fan, hence the paint scheme. It had a c-15 cat at 625hp with an 18 spd and usually pulled a 50 ft timpte tri ax hopper bottom

  152. #152Ace2010-02-08 00:50

    I found a couple more pics on the job

  153. #153KW3182010-02-08 03:17

    COE Dumps Found a couple of photos - first one looks like a grain hauler, and the 2nd truck is not real pretty. Enjoy, ZZ

  154. #154tonka2010-02-09 11:03

    Here is John Silva's cow chow wagon...

  155. #155tonka2010-02-09 11:25

    Ok here is Gunit...redone ......:Banghead http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=2295029

  156. #156prenn1984@gmail2010-02-09 12:05

    thats one sweet hay hauler! not a huge fan of the "mixer" lights though

  157. #157tonka2010-02-09 12:38

    man i thought you heavy haul guys loved single squares...LOL, John is out of Chowchilla, he has a 78 Shaker to he is putting back together... BTW that T8 with the dozer :notworthy!!

  158. #158hegartydirtwork2010-02-09 16:48

    Id like to take one of these cowchow haulers back east and make a short dump out of it. Find a sharp looking aluminum body that be nice for what i do, have to shorten the stacks to get in and out of driveways though.

  159. #159tonka2010-02-10 08:57

    Kinda like this little 84 359, my buddy Chris owns...

  160. #160hegartydirtwork2010-02-10 11:25

    thats exactly what I mean, thats a nice truck.

  161. #161tonka2010-02-10 11:40

    J & J Specialized, Jensen Hamiltons 07 Pete 379...

  162. #162tonka2010-02-10 13:03

    Jason Keeler's bad to the bone KW A model...

  163. #163tonka2010-02-10 13:07

    My Buddy Jim's 88 Marmon, yes Marmon...it used to work every day untill he bought an 84 Pete 359...

  164. #164tonka2010-02-11 09:18

    John Wollesen's 09 Pete 389 daycab Korn hauler...

  165. #165Dozerboy2010-02-11 10:02

    I can't recall the name IIRC it was in Oceanside CA. Its been a bit and I was very new to the area. The company that we use to have haul our Big Iron had a a 9 axle that said Draging Iron on there Pete(?) out of the San Diego area. They where really nice guys, but I don't recall there name neither. I'm not sure that its was a show truck, but looked nice to me.

  166. #166tonka2010-02-11 13:38

    Here ya go buddy, Bill Signs trucking...

  167. #167JDOFMEMI2010-02-11 14:56

    Tonka I should have known you would have some BST trucks in your collection How about some good ones of Pappa Clyde

  168. #168jimmyjack2010-02-11 17:48

    :notworthy:notworthy:drinkup:drinkup

  169. #169hegartydirtwork2010-02-11 19:26

    tonka, any more pics of that single axle? is that for show only or do they do any work with it?

  170. #170tonka2010-02-11 20:26

    No Chris works it, he pulls a backhoe with it, i will get some pics ofit soon.

  171. #171tonka2010-02-11 21:10

    Ok here is a old school SoCal truckin Co...Wood truckin...

  172. #172tonka2010-02-11 21:14

    more of SoCal's finest!

  173. #173Dozerboy2010-02-11 22:00

    Thats them:drinkup That was the first rig that big I have ever seen in person and I was in awe.

  174. #174Alberta2010-02-11 22:17

    Tonka in post #167, there seems to be a wide spread between the rear axles...what the advantage or reason ??

  175. #175JDOFMEMI2010-02-11 22:42

    Alberta Not to step on toes, but the reason for the spread is to be allowed a little more permittable weight. With a standard 4'6" axle spread you can permit #46,725, and with the 6' axle spread you can get #48,300 on a tandem axle with 4 tires and 8' wide

  176. #176Alberta2010-02-11 22:48

    JDOFMEMI Thanks for the info....haven't seen too many of these in my nick of the woods.

  177. #177tonka2010-02-11 22:54

    yup, its actually called a "Canadian Spread" too.

  178. #178tonka2010-02-12 12:56

    now we have one of "big Ed's" trucks out of OR...

  179. #179Dozerboy2010-02-12 14:11

    I really like that green it has just the right amount of chrome to and legs....

  180. #180jimmyjack2010-02-12 21:20

    i have that pic of the green pete and girl on my laptop too , its from stacks and cracks .............i posted a couple pics from that site before but they got removed:beatsme guess they had to much crack in them ointhead

  181. #181qball2010-02-12 23:46

    well, ya know what they say, CRACK KILLS!

  182. #182Ace2010-02-17 01:02

    Heres a couple trucks I used to see everyday when I was working in Minnesota. They are a little dirty in the pics but its hard to keep em clean pulling a hopper all the time.

  183. #183tonka2010-02-17 09:35

    Ain't that the truth good looking Pete's, 1st truck was built by my buddy Joe at CSM, in fact it just had a make over...

  184. #184tonka2010-02-18 14:08

    Up next we have Shannon and Swagger... a cool Pete 379...

  185. #185tonka2010-02-18 14:12

    Up next we got the baddest block hauler on the east coast...my buddy Tommy and his KW/ Moffett...

  186. #186laird0062010-03-08 19:45

    heres a pic of Jason Keelers truck a few years back, great guy and a real character. took this pic before loading it on the scale at the farm I worked at.

  187. #187laird0062010-03-08 19:48

    How can i make my pic show in this thread?

  188. #188tonka2010-03-08 19:59

    you have to have 3 posts to post pics...here is how HeavyEquipmentForums Here is your pic of Jason's truck he unfortunately he doesn't pull that van or the curtin side anymore...he's pulling tanks out of the ports...pier rat...LOL

  189. #189laird0062010-03-08 20:24

    ah well that was a few years ago when he was a potato hauler.

  190. #190alex942010-03-15 23:36

    wow tonka. those are absolutly AWESOME! question, you wouldn't happen to have an account on trucker report would you? and those straight pipes are so awesome...look GREAT!

  191. #191tonka2010-03-16 09:13

    nope just a lot of friends who are truckers and I take pics, at a lot of truck shows, yeah i love straights too...

  192. #1923thirteen2010-03-17 18:42

    These pics make me wish I drove truck........Great thread Tonka!

  193. #193tonka2010-03-17 22:09

    here's a COE for ya's

  194. #194tonka2010-03-17 22:15

    and Mr. Smith's very nice W900L model...

  195. #195tonka2010-03-17 22:54

    Here is my IRISH brother Eugene, or Wild Irish Rover...and his Pete 352 COE with a V8 Driptriot.... he started out haulin a flat then moved to haulin shoprite stuff, now beer cans...empty ...lol

  196. #196tonka2010-03-17 22:56

    and now WIR is a beer hauler...cans anyway....lol

  197. #197alex942010-03-17 23:32

    wow oh wow i love cab overs.

  198. #198jimmyjack2010-03-18 08:58

    love the cabovers ..........lol i once saw a freightshaker coe that looked like he had polished aluminum cab .....you know what truck im taking about ..... glad to see this thread with new pics:drinkup

  199. #199tonka2010-03-18 09:12

    yeah thats Phill's truck hold on i have pics...:drinkup here ya go...

  200. #200tonka2010-03-18 10:03

    Now the go to guy, Jason Shelly...and his hotrod KW w900L... (once owned by my good friend Richie Acosta)

  201. #201tonka2010-03-18 14:21

    Photoshop... OK we all have heard of Photoshop, well a friend of mine is a master at it here is some of his examples... of photochops....

  202. #202tonka2010-03-18 14:23

    photochops... more...

  203. #203tonka2010-03-18 14:28

    photochops.... more.....

  204. #204tonka2010-03-18 14:30

    photochops....... and more.....

  205. #205tonka2010-03-18 14:32

    photochops............. some more....

  206. #206tonka2010-03-18 14:36

    photochops...................... more...and more....

  207. #207tonka2010-03-18 14:39

    photochops.. even more...

  208. #208tonka2010-03-18 14:45

    Here's a beautifully restored Pete 352 single axle cab-over...its first show will be the ATHS National Show Pleasanton, California on May 27-28-29- 2010.

  209. #209alex942010-03-18 17:30

    that picture of the pete 387 i believe it is just doesnt look that great to me. it is a great looking truck but i think that big long straight pipes look A LOT better on long nose trucks. just my opinion though... great pics as always...

  210. #210tonka2010-03-18 17:38

    lol its a 386 and i agree, but them 386's and arrow trucks are whats getting good fuel mileage. Besides the Pete long nose 389 is going by-by all together soon, i think in 2012....

  211. #211alex942010-03-18 18:54

    yes they do. they get a lot better fuel milage and i think they look a lot better also. i would kill to be in a pete 387 or a volvo VNL64T. i think those trucks look really good but have heard about some problems in the volvos.

  212. #212jimmyjack2010-03-18 18:56

    thanks tonka ,figured you had pics of it

  213. #213tonka2010-03-18 19:44

    No problem man just wait till next week, I'm headed to MATS in KY... i can't wait to see the build off trucks!

  214. #214tonka2010-03-18 21:08

    The newest edition to the Hillwick trucking family truck # 37...a Pete 379 and the only truck with a sleeper...

  215. #215Autocar2010-03-18 21:18

    Real nice for sure, nothing better then a class act and there that for sure ! :drinkup

  216. #216tonka2010-03-18 22:07

    10-4 my boss gives us nice trucks...:drinkup

  217. #217bill53622010-03-18 22:18

    Tonka very nice truck is this your truck to drive. Thanks for sharing the pics, look forward to the MAT show next week myself. Bill

  218. #218tonka2010-03-18 22:27

    Not sure what i will be in yet, i start after Mats next week...

  219. #219hvy 1ton2010-03-19 00:46

    Tonka, no more running a sennebogen?

  220. #220tonka2010-03-19 00:50

    nope...

  221. #221jimmyjack2010-03-19 08:53

    so i take it your gonna be driving for hillwick

  222. #222tonka2010-03-19 09:10

    10-4, well hanging out at the pickle park mostly...c'mon!

  223. #223prenn1984@gmail2010-03-19 21:55

    sweet! what truck are you drivin?

  224. #224tonka2010-03-19 22:07

    Idk.. i start a week from monday...after MATS, i got to help Jeff get his entry for the build off cleaned up and washed...

  225. #225sbrem2010-03-20 18:51

    Good luck with the new job Tonka. At least you know that working for Hillwick no matter which truck you end up driving, it will be a nice one!

  226. #226tonka2010-04-06 08:36

    Well let's get back to it.... Here is Widow Maker, owned and operated by Todd & Beth Roccapriore, out of Hebron, CT. Todd & Beth also own Chopped 93 featured a few pages back...

  227. #227monster truck2010-04-07 18:13

    Here is a truck my dad used to have, it's also the one I learned to drive in. It used to do the show circut years ago when there was time and it worked every day up until 3 years ago. Unfortunately, about six years ago a coupler came apart on a PC400 and the full bucket fell into the back of the of the trailer and completely destroyed it, the truck suffered some pretty severe damage as well and the driver was also injured. The truck was repaired and the driver healed and both went back to work with a new trailer. The truck was used to pull just about everything from tankers to lowbeds until about three years ago when an electrical fire started in the engine compartment. The driver parked the truck, grabbed his lunch box, walked away and called us. By the time me and my dad got there the fire had been put out by another driver and we found the driver of this truck sittin on a rock, eating a sandwich. The electrical system, firewall, hood and everything under it was destroyed. The truck is currently parked out behind the shop waiting for a rebuild with a full fire extinguisher still sitting right inside the drivers door, next to the seat. :Banghead It will probably stay there for quite awhile. I know this picture is terrible but it is the only one I have of the truck/trailer combo when they were in thier prime.

  228. #228alex942010-04-07 21:01

    i would hate to see such a beautiful truck go up in flames or even crash.

  229. #229monster truck2010-04-07 21:28

    That truck has definately had some hard luck over the years. It was pulling a brand new frameless aluminum end dump for about two months until it was also destroyed when it hit an overpass. The driver claims that the PTO was NOT engaged (I call bulls#it) and that the trailer just started going up on its own. :beatsme He had gone about twenty miles and had gone under quite a few overpasses before he hit this one so I think he never disengaged the PTO at the dump site and somehow hit the dump lever while going down the road. The whole PTO/hydralic system in the truck was inspected and found to be in perfect working order so it wasnt the trucks fault. After that incedent It got a new 34' frameless rip rap trailer that lasted about a year before my dad (of all people :tong) laid it over at his house while doing a little weekend project. Now that I think about it, it was pulling an end dump when it caught fire as well. Maybe when it gets fixed we should pull the locking fithwheel off of it so it cant pull anymore end dumps. :drinkup

  230. #230alex942010-04-07 21:58

    i would put a flat or stepdeck on there. would look very good. and i would call bs on that too. but who knows...

  231. #231monster truck2010-04-07 22:35

    Were in no rush to fix it, no point in doing all that work until we see what the new emissions laws are gonna do. :Banghead That and we just dont have the work for it anymore so who knows what will happen to it. I do know that those straight satcks would look pretty good on my dump truck!

  232. #232prenn1984@gmail2010-04-08 01:19

    Sweet ride monster truck! hope it sees the road again:usa

  233. #233tonka2010-04-26 10:12

    Here is an old Hillwick ride, with a makeover, Bob had a guy in this truck when it was Grey they called it Grey Goose. The driver was having an affair with Bobs wife, so Bob kicked them both to the curb... and this truck was repainted... blue and white seminol scheem you see here!:notworthy

  234. #234tonka2010-04-26 10:14

    Here is a new truck to the Hillwick fleet..truck # 40.:notworthy

  235. #235alex942010-04-26 18:12

    those are way to nice of dumps and way too nice of dump beds. would never ever use it.

  236. #236monster truck2010-04-29 16:44

    I rounded up a few more, This truck was on display at a race I had in Mariposa Ca. I didnt get to talk to the owner so I dont know a whole lot about it other than it is called "Rock Slide" and it works every day.

  237. #237monster truck2010-04-29 17:10

    Heres a few more of my dad and grandpa's trucks. First up is truck number 12, in this picture it had a 3400 gallon water tank on the back but we regularly switched it back and forth to a dump body with a 16' rock box. We could usually complete the change over in 5 to 6 hours with two people. The second is truck number 30 pulling a 40' vacuum trailer up at the geysers geothermal electric plant. This truck was later rebuilt into a dump truck with a rock box and was sold off shortly after. Third is truck number 20 set up as a transfer, this truck could also be switched to a water truck when needed. Fourth is truck number six, the service truck, at my grandpa's house during a flood about three years ago. At its highest the water reached the door handles on the tool boxes. The last picture is another shot of my grandpa's yard during the flood. On the left is a '96 pete 379 that we call "Gordo" for some reason:beatsme. In the middle is my uncles peterbilt log truck and on the right is a wrecked frieghtliner that my grandpa bought for the motor and running gear.

  238. #238tonka2010-04-29 17:28

    That truck used to be owned by Jeff Bothello, then later sold it to that guy, jeff sold it because he grew tired of wipeing it down after every load...

  239. #239monster truck2010-04-29 20:15

    I had a feeling you would know some more about that truck!:drinkup:drinkup

  240. #240Eric2010-04-30 10:31

    Cograts on the new job Tonka. I can't imagine why you'd want to go from loading trash to driving a show truck.... what are you nuts????

  241. #241tonka2010-05-11 13:53

    Ok lets get back on track, here's Adam Heitzig's Pete 379 & cattle pot...:notworthy

  242. #242tonka2010-05-11 14:28

    Lanita Trucking Ok here is another great fleet of trucks owned by my friend Larry and Scott Diller. They run LTL loads on there flats and stepdecks, out of Myerstown, PA. The Diller's are great people and have a bunch of top notch equipment. They only have 7 or 8 fleet trucks and some leased on O/O... there is only 3 stipulations working for Lanita, you must like Red, KW's and pulling flatbeds...

  243. #243tonka2010-05-11 14:31

    more Lanita trucks...

  244. #244tonka2010-05-11 14:37

    even more Lanita trucks

  245. #245tonka2010-05-11 14:50

    Scott and Larry both like to build show trucks, they built this truck in 06 and named it Tequila Sunrise... sad to say they sold the truck in 08 to a guy in MD... But be on the lookout for Red Dawn, there newest KW 900 A model, not quite done yet but it's going to be a show stopper for sure... pics 1-2 Tequila Sunrise.. pics 3-5 the beginings of Red Dawn...

  246. #246shadow2010-05-11 16:29

    those are sick trucks

  247. #247mastllc2010-05-16 07:50

    hey tonka i kinda interested in starting a small trucking operstion specializing in ltl flat, step and RGN work. i was wonder does lanita get most of their work from shippers or do they use a lot of brokers? THANKS!!!

  248. #248mastllc2010-05-16 07:52

    and by the way they have some beautiful trucks.

  249. #249tonka2010-05-16 08:11

    Um Scott is the Companys broker...

  250. #250monster truck2010-05-25 22:05

    While on my way to St Louis I stopped in Salt Lake and spotted an interesting looking truck. When I got closer I realized that it was an old autocar. It was sitting in a motel parking lot with no driver around so I just snapped a couple pics (and drooled a little bit) before going to get some lunch, it was gone by the time I came back.

  251. #251mastllc2010-05-26 20:35

    hey tonka, would you happen to have some picyures or know any information on a burnt orange/rust color peterbilt tri axle with a 70in bunk that pulls an RGN and i believe the truck is from penn. i belive the owners name i john, any pics of the truck would be appreacted.

  252. #252mastllc2010-05-26 20:38

    i also think this truck was featured in large car magazine befor the third axle was added.

  253. #253tonka2010-05-26 23:32

    Sure, John Stoltzfus out of Honey Brook Pa is a friend of mine... Joe and Shaggy, over at CSM built the truck for John... yes it was a cover truck @ LCM...

  254. #254Cozadtom2010-05-28 18:55

    Tonka, May i use your Cozad Trailer pics on our online groups? FaceBook http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=286609428361 Linkedin Group http://www.linkedin.com/e/vgh/2867903 Tom

  255. #255tonka2010-05-28 19:18

    Sure Tom, i used to pull a cozad narrow neck 16 tire for ALW in fresno, are they still around?

  256. #256Aliate2010-05-30 11:46

    is this truck parked in highland falls, NY off 9w? I think Ive seen it... edit- its the grey/chrome cab over pete, it didnt quote the pics.

  257. #257tonka2010-06-01 22:04

    Yeah its out of that genaral area, Geno lives in Cornwall NY. He bought another truck and this one sits most of the time, fuel mileage isnt that good in it...

  258. #258Cozadtom2010-06-02 11:54

    Tonka, Yes ALW fresno is still around. Tom

  259. #259LOSIASSOCIATED2010-07-04 03:54

    Very nice truck fellas.

  260. #260tonka2010-07-06 19:24

    Ok since we are back in the swing of things... here is the newest truck out of the Novosad Ent. fleet...Randy Supak's new 2010 KW900L... you guys might remember Randys old Pete on post #9 of this thread, it gave Randy trouble from day one, so they got rid of it, and bought this KW...

  261. #261JDOFMEMI2010-07-06 20:43

    Sharp!

  262. #262willie592010-07-06 20:55

    Nice KW tonka. Looks like an IHI crawler dumper on that step deck.

  263. #263jimmyjack2010-07-07 16:45

    tri axle horses look sweet everytime...........:notworthy

  264. #264mastllc2010-07-19 21:49

    thats a great looking truck, you wouldent happen to have any more pictures of the Novosad fleet would you?

  265. #265tonka2010-07-25 08:49

    Ok it's taken me a long time to get good shots of this Papa Clyde 379 Pete. My friend Harm took all these pics, some were from the Rush Peterbilt show earlyer this year in SD. Some were from this past weekend picking up Harm's 1979 352 H cabover Pete... :notworthy

  266. #266tonka2010-07-25 08:51

    More of Papa Clyde...

  267. #267PSDF3502010-07-25 14:59

    Nice pete really like them octagonal pips looks cool.

  268. #268JDOFMEMI2010-07-25 18:29

    Tonka I knew you would come through! Does your source have any info on the power driving Papa Clyde? I have heard rumors, but have no facts.

  269. #269Will Musser2010-07-26 17:02

    I thought I met Randy rollin across Missouri or Ill.about 3 months ago in his Pete. I like the KW though. What kind of trouble was he havin with the Pete? I had "fire" trouble with my 07' 379 so now the ACCERT 625hp C-15 is gone and a C-16 600hp is in it's place. I can walk off from a 625 hp now!

  270. #270Jdigger41302010-08-12 20:01

    Thanks man, I saw the last W900L at the Oakland roadster show! real sparkely! Hard to imagine those trucks working. Glad they do though as they are nice to look at

  271. #271Aussie Leroy2010-08-13 07:47

    Thankyou,You have some great looking trucks in the USA, Plenty hollywood paint jobs and bling well done Tonka Cheers Leroy

  272. #272Mack Man2010-08-24 03:51

    Cool Pics Tonka. Do you have any more pics of the Van Hulzen Petes?

  273. #273Leshik2010-09-03 21:30

    wow Wow amazing machines. Tonka pics looks fantstic

  274. #274tonka2010-09-06 09:55

    Um that truck wasnt even built in jan 2010, and di you see it in Oakland, because The GNRS hasn't been in oakland for the past 3 years as i recall.... yeah mate flash paint on some of them, you fellas down under got som pretty flash big rigs too... Um the VanHulzen Pete's are different now, one was sold, the other is a day cab... thank you

  275. #275DEERE310SG2010-09-06 14:34

    Nice shots of that Peterbilt tonka.

  276. #276tonka2010-09-06 15:53

    Thx but witch are you talking about?

  277. #277DEERE310SG2010-09-06 16:05

    This one

  278. #278tonka2010-09-06 16:07

    Ahhh 10-4 LOL

  279. #279Jdigger41302010-09-06 18:50

    Copy that, I dont know if it was the same one as you seem more informed than myself. it was the " Oakland " show at the C.O.W. palace and there were two trucks. One was inside and was a Pete turned into a convertible that was blue w like tribal paint and the kenworth was red and had a spread axle alum end dump. Both appeared to be owned by drug dealers or???? Guys who were clearing waaaaay more than the average trucking company. I assumed they were from the central valley. My interest is in trucks that have either been restored from the late 50s-mid 80s so anything outside of that really just kinda all blend. None of the guys I know are "large car" owners. I like the trucks that were at the Pleasanton A.T.H.S. event I attended myself. I am grateful there are guys willing to vomit money on the big rigs fer sure.

  280. #280tonka2010-09-06 19:33

    Ahhh now i know what your talking about... The Convetable Pete is a hand built show truck, Built By Bothello Custom Trucks in Los Bannos. The W900L was once owned by Double C Commodities, out of Oakdale. And Now owned by Brazil Dairys. There were some great trucks at the Nat. ATHS show... here is my favorite...

  281. #281Jdigger41302010-09-06 20:51

    Now this truck here! (yellow W900 I am certain I saw) is the bees knees. These are what I get WAAAAY into focusing on. So theres a guy out there somewhere who has A 900 w a KTA (what gets my attn) that was the coolest thing I ever saw. I really appreciate ya taking time to post these great shots. I dont know how to not to mention the pics I have are off an iphone and are inferior quality. I am only an armchair enthusiast and carpenter by vocation so I dont get to see the class 8 stuff much. Not to mention being in the north bay area... well lets just say its not exactly truck and equpt people here in Marin co. I would love to send ya my pics but I only know how in emails so if ya wanna see what i have SO FAR email me. over.

  282. #282tonka2010-09-06 21:07

    What color was the 900 with the KTA?

  283. #283monster truck2010-09-06 21:55

    Here is the convertible, these guys are good friends with my grandpa. YouTube - Convertible Peterbilt

  284. #284tonka2010-09-06 21:59

    what who's your grampa, i might know him...i'm good friends with rossie and jeff...

  285. #285Jdigger41302010-09-07 01:43

    it was red w traditional white stripes/black outlines as I recall. W900 on like 230-40"wb w floats up front(not a fan) and a drop axle(I also dont like) w ramps! it was a mountain slayer dude. deep lug drivers... Work truck all the way. NOT A MALL CRAWLER! My email addy is [email protected] . Hit me and I will send pics of er. The guy I believe his name is Talley who has like 10 trucks he brings that are blue and yellow outta K falls was looking at it and saying its so hot w the custom split intake and other mods they dont know what its full dyno will read!!! Now I am the first to say my little diesel school education and interest in machines is all talk and speculation... This dude has a two six bit Cummins on a trailer w a bunch of the SWEETEST Paccar stuff I know of MAY know what hes sayin... She was FIRST CLASS HILLBILLY supreme! What fuel milage??? LOL

  286. #286monster truck2010-09-07 08:24

    My grandpa Is named Loyal Stanley, he owns Vidode trucking. He currently drives a burgundy and cream colored 1969 Pete cabover as his daily working truck and has had quite a few working classic trucks over the years. He is in a book about classic Peterbilts with his blue 1946 two axle pete and his yellow and white bubble nose cabover, both pulling lumber at the time.

  287. #287Jdigger41302010-09-07 09:19

    Hey monster truck. I think I have some great pics of the yellow truck if it was a truck and trailer w the gear that was the kind that was like a cross between log and lumber. ya know stick trailer w no bunks?!

  288. #288tonka2010-09-07 10:18

    lol i have pics of her...

  289. #289monster truck2010-09-07 20:53

    He has had quite a few old cabovers that were yellow, post them up and I'll let ya know :drinkup

  290. #290tonka2010-09-07 20:54

    here ya go...

  291. #291Jdigger41302010-09-07 20:59

    I lied... It was not that truck!!!! Although I mean no disrespect of that amazing vehicle. i just checked my photos and the tricked KTA was in a VERY near similar truck. This one had red steel bumper and standard 24.5s on Alcoas... My bad. see i got the talkin part down..Thats about it. This has as I call it the Watkins model STRIPE OPTION??? and was so sick . reminded me of the trucks that A guy by the name of Frank Dutra had outta Arcata Ca when I was A kid. Different colors as his were blue w white and gold Seminole graphics but specced very much the same... The main reason I became obsessed w trucks in the first place. His rigs were the elite intheir day. Not a pile of junk in the fleet and all of em were ready to pull ANYTHING up or down ANYTHING!!!! Down here in Marin there are lotsa work trucks but not alot of "woods or dirt" vehicles as I define. Since you have the stock I would love to see A post or whatever ya call these of the 60s-80s heavy hauler/vocational shots ya may be holdin. I make models or try anyway of specifically these types of rigs so all the shots are KILLER. Thanks again

  292. #292Jdigger41302010-09-07 21:07

    That would be great monster truck. I love to see all the good ol stuff. If ya have any pics of J.E.T. stuff put that up too. I am making A truck and trailer in 25th scale on A 352 thats gonna be modeled after one like theirs but w a touch more "show" Dual exhaust alum 10x22s bigger fuel tanks ect so any pics would be helpful. I have the bodies done and trailer gear needs decked then paint and assembly. Next will be an Alto bros. 352 Have the Alloy outsiderail spead axle built already just need Fall to arrive to start to hang in the garage again for the truck project

  293. #293monster truck2010-09-07 21:40

    :drinkup Awsome pics tonka! That is the 1969 he drives now, it's going in on the first of the month to get the cab rivets redone and a new paint job, he just hit 50 years as a truck driver and doesnt plan on parking this rig anytime soon. If he can ever find the time he plans on redoing the bubble nose cabover and the 46 needle nose pete, he really wants to get those two back on the road.

  294. #294monster truck2010-09-07 21:43

    ....and I forgot to add that his license plate cracks me up every time I look at it!

  295. #295tonka2010-09-07 21:43

    Please tell him not to change the paint that paint is so cool... infact that whole truck is bitchen!:drinkup

  296. #296tonka2010-09-07 21:45

    here ya go...

  297. #297Jdigger41302010-09-07 21:46

    Thats a great ride yer gramps rolls man. I dig on the lo pro tire package.. The old deck plate is cool as is the loyal 69 as well

  298. #298Jdigger41302010-09-07 21:53

    That is the one!!!! when I marry wealth that is what I am gonna make my wife buy me the parts to make.... I feel like thats the CORRECT way to have a truck look. In my daydream it would have A tad more wb(240") miter cut pipes and logging headache rack w 10x22s w deep lug drivers and half fenders. DONE!!!! DA#$ I love that truck. Never drove fer a living but I tell ya I would feel like a KING workin in that bad S O B.

  299. #299monster truck2010-09-07 21:59

    He has always had a thing about keeping a trucks original paint scheme and he kept saying this one was going to get the exact same paint job as it has now. But a few nights ago at dinner he did mention that it would be cool to go with the yellow and white flamed scheme that most of his trucks have had so who knows.

  300. #300Jdigger41302010-09-07 22:16

    My vote If he doesnt keep the traditional scheme which is WAAAY more stylie than than the flame job as I see it is scallops instead o flames... The neat panel paint and stripes are making a huge comeback in rodding circles anyway and his choice of colors are amazing I do not know if those are factory but they are pure cool none the less. Multi colors on the classic COE... defines a line that flames just cant do in my not so humble opinion. Perfect cube to paint the hell outta

  301. #301tonka2010-09-07 22:23

    i vote rehuck it and call it a day.... my buddy Mike who took those pics, said your gramps is a heluva guy... and always talks to him when he see's him on the 5

  302. #302monster truck2010-09-07 22:48

    He told me but I cant remember the name of the company who originally owned it but that was the paint scheme of the whole fleet and thats how they came from the factory, im 90% sure he'll keep these colors. Gramps went to L.A. on monday and should be on his way back now. I'll stop by tomarrow night and mention how good the current scheme looks.... and score some dinner in the process!

  303. #303Jdigger41302010-09-07 22:56

    Thatd be a killer line up shot to see. I wonder if there were any 359s like this? Copy that on the dinner score too...SAVVY PLAY

  304. #304monster truck2010-09-07 23:17

    Might as well throw in a pic while im at it, heres another one of my grandma's 93 pete...

  305. #305monster truck2010-09-07 23:25

    These are from the big car show in pebble beach a few weeks ago. Me and my buddy quickly realized that the real show was in the hauler parking lot! The last one is what I took down there and back

  306. #306Jdigger41302010-09-07 23:38

    I wanna be rich so bad... The first pic has A 900L that looks cool for modern truck and Im diggin the horse puller pete. Best ol skool winnie award fer sure. I am sure I woulda pooed seeing the cars but I agree the transporters always interest me more as well. well except a concourse like Pebble Beach. They have rolling sculpture not cars. Truly best exanples of metal and function one will see in the world... the very best

  307. #307monster truck2010-09-07 23:44

    Yeah that show absolutely has the cream of the crop, it was crazy to me to see cars rolling across the auction block and going for well over a million dollars! Thanks to some vip credentials it made for an awsome way to spend the weekend, those people definatelly live a little different lifestyle! Oh yeah, the cab over campers hauls around an amazing shelby mustang!

  308. #308tonka2010-09-07 23:54

    I dig that red 59er...

  309. #309Jdigger41302010-09-07 23:57

    Isnt it crazy. My friend is in the movie biz over in Emeryville and is basically my cool guru and turned me on to real cars. When Pixar was making Cars they sent him all over the world to the most amazing collections of ALL things relating to internal combustion. I am laughing my ass off that the guy literally has a horse type trailer for pony cars. PROPS!!!! I am A member at the Hays/Heidrick truck and ag museum and they have some pretty neat stuff as well. Something that may interest ya is one of the first petes sittin next to a faegol that for me has a lot of historical interest being a cali company and A Peterbilt. Yer grams 379 is a looker as well. I am liking the grill treatment. Looking at things that are over a cool million that serve no function except vanity... I dont get it but I sure as hell would rather have this stuff than paintings or vases. I can just look at em fer days

  310. #310Jdigger41302010-09-08 00:02

    Im an idgit!!! I was lookin at the winnie and thought the trailer was a horse trailer modified.. My bad. Whatevs though the combo says Bad MFer all over it

  311. #311monster truck2010-09-08 00:28

    Here's my weekend ride parked in my barn, gotta love having a "garage" big enough to park your truck in! 550 cat (turned up, 550 to the ground, big difference) 18 speed, 14k front 46k rears on air ride with 16' high side reliance boxes

  312. #312Jdigger41302010-09-08 00:46

    If that is what you were rollin like a year ago I met you!!! In Fairfax at ACE hardware. I asked about yer truck and you said yer boy owned the outfit.

  313. #313monster truck2010-09-08 00:52

    No that wouldnt have been me, my buddies dad owns the company, also happens to be my neighbor, and i'll only drive if they need a hand on the weekend

  314. #314Jdigger41302010-09-08 01:00

    oh never mind then. I met the dad, He told me in talkin that Reliance went under that wknd and he wouldnt own one again!! He told me about Rouge being better guys to do biz w and I met yer homie too. He got the skin kit w all the lights on his. I must have just met another fill in guy as he said the same thing..helps out in when needed. Do you know if the Den Beste in S. Rosa is the same fam??? They haul dirty dirt and weld/rent water tanks??

  315. #315monster truck2010-09-08 01:04

    That would be this guys brother

  316. #316Jdigger41302010-09-08 01:16

    Copy, both outfits look like first class operations. I am considering A ride to Dutra materials to see about gettin on w them. My job is great and all but not enough equipment... I wanna be around this stuff and there will always be a need fer materials so I am gonna peep it and see what happens. All my trucker friends think I would be nuts to walk away from my current gig but its kinda boring now and I work w idiots. i need to be around trucks or iron and frankly the people who do that type o work... Sissies suck

  317. #317masterwelder2010-09-08 08:36

    nice job tonka, keep em' commin. Al.

  318. #318tonka2010-09-08 11:00

    Speaking of Den Beste here is my friend Ken's Dirty dirt wagon... he hauls for Den Beste out of Fortuna CA.

  319. #319DEERE310SG2010-09-08 14:12

    Lots of nice looking Pete's there:thumbsup

  320. #320Leshik2010-09-08 16:01

    Wow these are crazy looking trucks i must petes are most gorgious truck out there. my favorite is the 379 if i will get a pete that will be the one.

  321. #321tonka2010-09-08 16:36

    Well it will have to be a used one, because since 2008 they don't make them anylonger. Now Peteerbilt makes a 389 model that looks almost just like the 379 just with a few modifications.

  322. #322Leshik2010-09-08 17:26

    ye i know man defenatly a used one. with a C15 or 16 caterpiller inside. a 13 speed and a 72inch high top sleeper. yeeeee

  323. #323monster truck2010-09-08 23:49

    Love that truck Tonka! I used to pass it all the time on 101 when they were hauling down from up north of here. This is the rig I was driving at the time...

  324. #324Aussie Leroy2010-09-09 08:11

    Some banger photos just keep em comin love to look at these rigs, Thankyou Leroy

  325. #325tonka2010-09-09 10:31

    Up next we have Sin For Sale, Kris Gaare's 1998 Peterbilt 379

  326. #326tonka2010-09-09 11:04

    Next is the 2005 Kenworth W900L of Cooper(Super Coop) Roberts...at age 23 Cooper is doing what he loves, truckin. Super Coop hauls beef from the Midwest to New York City.

  327. #327DEERE310SG2010-09-09 11:18

    That is a nice KW.:thumbsup

  328. #328DEERE310SG2010-09-09 11:23

    Have a look at this nice KW. YouTube - 8-29-10 Hanks 1 & 2 Lights on Together +Air Horns.wmv

  329. #329tonka2010-09-09 11:49

    I have met HG a couple times, he's a different sort of guy... and likes way to many lights for my taste, but if thats what he likes so be it....:drinkup

  330. #330DEERE310SG2010-09-09 12:06

    I love his two trucks there are very nice rigs I love the lights my self and air horns sweet.:thumbsup

  331. #331monster truck2010-09-09 21:27

    I stopped by the grandparents last night to have a chat with grandpa about paint (and dinner). Still no final word on what it will be, there was some talk about going with the yellow and white scheme (seen below) that he ran on alot of his trucks, or the current one, or something "wild" as he put it but im not sure what his defenition of "wild" is. I took some pics while I was there, I know there not the best quality but it was all I could get. First is his current truck after some body work to get ready for paint, second is "Bubbles", the bubble nose pete back in the day and then in its current condition waiting to be restored, the last two are two of the other options he was considering for paint on his current truck.

  332. #332monster truck2010-09-09 22:04

    Here is some more of different trucks he's owned over the years....

  333. #333JDOFMEMI2010-09-09 22:06

    I think the paint job on the bottom picture would look best on the bubble nose Pete. on edit, bottom picture in the first set. The second ones posted while I was typing

  334. #334monster truck2010-09-09 22:11

    And a couple more... The saw blade was painted by the wife of a man that worked at one of the mills that my grandpa hauled out of, it has all the trucks my grandpa owned at the time it was painted, notice the one on the end is on its side, while this was being painted my grandpa rolled that truck so the saw blade had to match. The last two are of the 46' pete that is next on the rebuild list after bubbles and an old autocar boom truck that he wants to sell.

  335. #335monster truck2010-09-10 00:23

    Bubbles will keep its colors as they are, there is no way he would change that truck.

  336. #336tonka2010-09-10 00:45

    Hey MT, next time you see your grandpa and grandma tell them Kris & Angelina said Hi...

  337. #337monster truck2010-09-10 01:06

    Will do, ive never met them but I know my grandparents are good friends with them I have a copy of the 10-4 magazine that his truck was featured in.

  338. #338PEACHY K-W2010-09-10 01:25

    Tonka, love what u do havin all this grate pix , i need to send u some of my peachy kw's w900l and 900a's out here in so. Cal. Thanks

  339. #339tonka2010-09-10 08:21

    Cool post them up... would love to see them. Since I'm a So-Cal native i have probably seen them before:drinkup

  340. #340bbehan2010-09-10 12:58

    new to site awesome pics:

  341. #341tonka2010-09-10 22:59

    Here ya go buddy i got some more for ya....

  342. #342tonka2010-09-10 23:02

    few more...

  343. #343monster truck2010-09-10 23:20

    Awsome Tonka, your like a trucking ninja! Those arent from too long ago. The flat top sleeper is my dads and I would love to see it painted blue and put on my grandma's truck, im a big fan of flat tops with huge stacks.

  344. #344monster truck2010-09-11 17:42

    Figured I would take a few pics of the 389 before tucking it in for the night, it's not anything super fancy but it's just got that classic look that im a fan of. As you can see my shop door and lights are a little on the low side...

  345. #345tonka2010-09-11 17:53

    Looking good man, i love the 389's except for the headlights. Now i love the way they shine, but they look so gay... put the HID's in the old style double rounds and they would look good...IMO. I love the way you guys did the stack grills... BTW they are making ceramic coated pickett elbows now so you can run bigger pipes without melting the chrome off...

  346. #346monster truck2010-09-11 18:05

    Yeah I hate the way those headlights look, I love the single round lights on drop brackets. The stack grills going above the air inlet is the only way to go, the ones that show them are just hideous looking. I know Chris looked into getting full 8" stacks for his transfer, they were fully insulated on the inside from the elbow up and I cant remember the price but it wasnt cheap.

  347. #347monster truck2010-09-11 18:37

    Here is a shot of My buddies 2008 pete 389 with a rouge transfer set up on it, it has a 565 cummins with an 18 speed and 14/46 axles under it.

  348. #348tonka2010-09-11 19:28

    Here's how they are doing the stacks, you have to move the DPF forward and then you can run the Dynaflex pipes witch are actually two pipes in one-----They run a normal five inch unplated (but ceramic coated) pipe inside of the 7 or 8 inch pipe so there is room for the exhaust to cool without actually coming in contact with the outer chrome pipe----

  349. #349monster truck2010-09-11 20:03

    Yeah thats like what he was looking at but they had insulation in between the two pipes.

  350. #350DEERE310SG2010-09-11 21:28

    That is one nice looking Pete dump truck.:thumbsup

  351. #351monster truck2010-09-11 21:50

    Yeah that thing is beautiful, I just went out and took some more pics of it, Chris will probably kill me for posting them though because it's so dirty. The tailgates on the truck and trailer as well as the top and bottom rails on both boxes are stainless steel. The last pic is my favorite little feature on this thing, the inside of the stacks are painted to match the outside of the truck!

  352. #352tonka2010-09-11 21:52

    needs to pull the blocks out of that pig and get her in da weeds, is that barn a pull thru?

  353. #353prenn1984@gmail2010-09-12 01:36

    definitely need to drop that thing down, but otherwise a bada$$ truck! I want to get a set of the 7" picketts but i'm gonna need a loan to buy those Dynaflexs!

  354. #354prenn1984@gmail2010-09-12 01:46

    heres a pic of a 651 im hauling to calgary right now. I still gotta drop the front of mine.

  355. #355monster truck2010-09-12 04:59

    All 389's need the front lowered, they just sit way too high from the factory. Yes tonka the barn is pull through but thanks to living on a hillside there is nowhere to go on the other side. The driveway is so tight that I cant get any of the straight trailers in here, the transfers can barely make one of the turns. I can turn the tractor around once I get in here but the transfer I just pull in and back all the way out. Once I get clear of the barn I have to make a slight turn to clear the house, then past the house and turn through the gateway, then 90 degree blindside turn up a really steep road that goes to a couple other houses, about 100 yds once you clear the barn. My house is definatelly not truck friendly and it took awhile to figure out how to get the transfer out.

  356. #356monster truck2010-09-12 05:07

    Peter I get jealous everytime I see one of your pics! I miss heavy haul, it's been at least six months since ive even hooked to a lowbed.

  357. #357Fraud Preventor2010-09-13 14:31

    Way to mislead all these people into thinking you took these photos, 98% of which were lifted off of various websites, How about giving credit where credit is due. I know you will probably come back and say you didn't claim you took them, but countless times in this thread you said thank you for stuff that isn't yours. You dont even know alot of the guys you posted about, you may know of them or have heard of them before, but not everyone is your buddy, and it shows with some of the info you posted being wrong. You are such a poser making people think you the truck pic guru.

  358. #358Will Musser2010-09-13 14:49

    Um, wow, If you don't like what's on this channel, change it or turn it off. Tonka might not have taken them, but he did take time to post them and most of us have enjoyed them. So thanks Tonka and keep em comin. Makes me wanna take a few of my truck and mailem to you so you can post them. Talk about a poser, If you don't like them, don't look, If you do, great. Nobody's making any money off of them anyway. Those of us who love trucks and those of us who have trucks pictured in this post are proud to see we have something worth taking a picture of. Personally I couldn't give 2 hoot's in hell who posts them. I'm just proud to see em.

  359. #359Fraud Preventor2010-09-13 14:58

    Its just common courtesy amongst the internet to give credit where credit is do at the least, which is my only point, I like the trucks myself but ive seen this guy tonka post on other boards about pictures being stolen, then to turn around and post on here about them, Pot meet kettle? Just thought id drop just truth in this thread. Rodga? - OUT

  360. #360tonka2010-09-13 15:37

    Never once said I took or said these were my pics, but yes these pics I posted here are from different internet sites. As for the people I said were “buddy’s” I have personally met and talked to a few times online or at truck shows/events. I wasn’t saying thanks for the pics I took, I was saying thanks for the pics I posted…. Once I posted a pic (that I took), on an other site and someone posted on another site before I got to put it there myself…. Credit for the pics goes to who ever took them…most were from the owners. Sorry if I ever misled anyone here on HEF into thinking I took these pics.

  361. #361willie592010-09-13 19:31

    Way to join a forum Fraud Preventor. I, personally, find it absurd that you've joined this forum and your very first posts are to levy charges of fraud, deciet, and hypocrisy to a person who you more than likely don't know and know very little about aside from your observations at other websites. And it's equally inconsiderate and ill-mannered at the very least, and bordering on just plain rude, that you have forced Tonka to respond to these charges that are now before the whole world to see and defend his honor and integrity. It's common knowledge for those of us that are regulars at this forum that Tonka never claimed all the pics of trucks he has/will post are his trucks, nor that he has personally snapped every pic of every truck he has/will post. Just because he titled the thread "Tonka's truck pics", does not mean or imply that he claims these are "his" trucks. I strongly suggest this debate on this thread come to an abrupt end now, or this thread will be locked down by the mods. This is a public forum website, not a court of public opinion. My opinion, make it yours.

  362. #362tonka2010-09-13 20:02

    Thanks Atco and Will... but FP is right I should have in hindsight said who took the pics (and will from now on). But to come here and suggest committed fraud against the members of HEF is outright ludicrous.

  363. #363Fraud Preventor2010-09-13 20:21

    "My opinion, make it yours" - Funny man you are! My goal has been completed, post will be edited...

  364. #364Fraud Preventor2010-09-13 20:26

    (-_-) (. ) | |

  365. #365Fraud Preventor2010-09-13 20:38

    How to edit?

  366. #366qball2010-09-13 21:51

    man, who peed in his corn flakes?

  367. #367tonka2010-09-13 21:54

    I guess i did... ointhead

  368. #368Tiny2010-09-13 22:24

    OMG Tonka ....Some of these pic's in this thread are not from your camera !?!? What ever will we do??? LMAO........I am sorry but to come in with guns ablazin and act like your going to straighten out the the world is completely nutz. I am sure everything you have ever posted any where is content of your own Fraud Prevento . You are apparently stalking this member in good standing from another board and trolling his thread. A much better course of action would have been to PM one of the Admins of this site with your concern or at the very least PM the original poster instead of trying to make an established member of this board look bad....Which in case you haven't noticed is not working. Again if your have a problem ,Report the post .Your school yard finger pointing is annoying. Oh By The Way , You can only edit for a short period of time.Its permanently Posted

  369. #369JDOFMEMI2010-09-13 23:26

    So, Mr "Fraud Preventor" Where is the harm in sharing work, be it pictures or otherwise, that is found on the 'net? True proffesionals, who make a living with these things are generally smary/savy enough to copy protect their images. I figure if it is real important, keep it off the net, and if it means something to the owner, protect it, but once it has been posted freely, it becomes "public property" I am no lawyer, and don't pretend to be, but that is the reality. I have never seen Tonka say HE took the pictures, but that he was sharing them with us, and most here are grateful, as we would not see them otherwise. As you may have noticed, unprovoked attacks seem to be met in kind. If you have issues with Tonka, please take them up in private, and not with loud, unfounded public accusations

  370. #370prenn1984@gmail2010-09-13 23:39

    wow how lame is this! no one ever thought Tonka personally took all those pics and it doesn't matter! Looking at the pictures Tonka posts up here is the main reason I visit this site.... keep em coming Tonka:thumbsup

  371. #371tonka2010-09-14 00:22

    Thanks man, i will but, i will give credit to the person who took the pics i post.... BTW your tires would rub the fenders wouldn't they if you lowered the front?

  372. #372prenn1984@gmail2010-09-14 00:43

    no the pictures don't show it too well but there is a ton of room between the tires and fenders.

  373. #373tonka2010-09-14 01:08

    oh good, get her out of the nose bleeds then...i know i know all in due time...lol :drinkup

  374. #374OCR2010-09-14 02:23

    Sorry ATCO, buddy... I have to disagree with you on this one. Ya' need to remove the..."and bordering on"... in your post. Kinda like this... if you don't mind: Again, modified with your permission, of course: I can call you buddy, right? Although, I know we've never met in person. Ok... I fed the troll, on with the show, Tonka... :thumbsup Oh! Almost forgot.... Standing-by... OCR

  375. #375OCR2010-09-14 03:45

    Woops.... That should read: OCR

  376. #376Grader4me2010-09-14 06:00

    I remember a couple of years ago we had a problem here with a picture being posted that offended another member because it was his picture. It was agreed that recognition be given to the original picture taker. That would stop people like this from coming on here stirring up the pot. Don't let it rile you guys..Keep em coming Tonka as we all enjoy them...

  377. #377Aussie Leroy2010-09-14 07:17

    Tonka; Just keep posting the pictures we love them, don't let a loose dip stick upset the engine. Who gives a **** where the photos come from, Just keep up the good work!!! :drinkup Cheers Leroy

  378. #378tonka2010-09-14 08:28

    Ok here is a good freind of mine, Todd Swenor and his IH Cornbinder... :edit: i think Todd took all these pics not sure...

  379. #379tonka2010-09-14 08:44

    And just incase anyone doesn't think Todd and i are buddys here is a pic with Todd and I together.... Me the fat guy in the baseball cap and glasses..... Todd is behind the tall guy holding the leash to his bulldog. also in this pic my buddys... Tommy, guy in yellow shirt who owns the KW in post #186 Jim, in fishing hat and glasses who owns the Marmon in post #164 and last but not least... Steve or as we like to call him here at HEF Sbremm in the red hat and brown shirt, yup thats right steve is a member here.... so go ahead and ask steve is that really me and all those "buddys" in that pic or not?

  380. #380tonka2010-09-14 10:08

    Oh wait here are better pics.... pic 1 Me leaning on Todd's trailer Sbremm siting on Todd's trailer And my Irish brother the guy who owns the Pete COE in post #196 siting on Todd's trailer.... pic 2 here is me and very good friend Richie Acosta(sitting down with the tats) owner of the truck in post # 11 at E-town in 08 chilling, it was a long day and i was very tired... oh yeah i didnt take these pics... pic credit to josh riccio

  381. #381Will Musser2010-09-14 14:33

    Pretty good lookin binder, I sorta always wondered why they weren't more popular though. How are you gonna lower your front end Prenn? You gonna pull spring leaves and air ride it or just shorter blocks?

  382. #382tonka2010-09-14 17:07

    Yeah i don't know why they wernt more popular... the new binders are getting good fuel milage so they are making a big comeback with the bigger fleets.

  383. #383-NICK-2010-09-14 18:31

    How do we know thats really you?Maybe you are taking credit for being that""fat" guy.

  384. #384Autocar2010-09-14 20:14

    Thats a good one Nick !

  385. #385tonka2010-09-14 20:39

    dam if i was going to impersonate anyone it would be that guy with the tattoos... not the redsox shirt wearing fat guy...lol

  386. #386monster truck2010-10-22 23:12

    Just a quick heads up and revival of this thread Gramp's rolled his truck into the paint shop last monday and took off on a vacation. It should be there another week and be done about the same time that he gets back. Then we are going to add dual straight stacks, air ride, maybe a few more inches to the wheelbase (still havent decided) and put it back to work! I'll be sure to get plenty of pics when we do!

  387. #387sbrem2010-10-23 16:24

    I haven't been on here in a while so I am just seeing this post now, but yeah that really is Tonka in the picture and his "buddies".

  388. #388monster truck2010-10-28 00:18

    We went to check on the progress today, they definately have thier work cut out for them!

  389. #389tonka2010-10-28 07:15

    Very cool MT,what did he decide for the paint?

  390. #390monster truck2010-10-28 09:14

    Repaint it the same!

  391. #391tonka2010-10-28 10:10

    sweet i love the colors on that truck:drinkup

  392. #392Aliate2010-10-29 22:08

    tonka I saw that gray cabover pete at your house about 2 weeks ago

  393. #393tonka2010-10-29 22:28

    lol thats not my house, thats geno's place... that truck is sitting right now because he bought another pete 359

  394. #394dingo2010-10-30 04:40

    bro wheres the bull bar. they look schmick but wouldnt last 10 mins down here.

  395. #395Aliate2010-10-30 15:32

    ohhhh well its a nice freakin truck.

  396. #396tonka2010-11-07 18:15

    to get this tread back on track... Here is Jeff Fowler's numbered 359 peterbilt with his new cattle pot. (photos by jeff)

  397. #397tonka2010-11-07 18:18

    2 more...

  398. #398bobvillaoftn2010-11-07 22:21

    Speaking of the Mac trailers, couldnt a sheet metal lining be installed into them to allow more hauling diversity?

  399. #399tonka2010-11-07 23:08

    why would you want to add wieght to the trailer?

  400. #400bobvillaoftn2010-11-07 23:25

    Itd open up to more diverse options for loads and still have the look of the Mac. Just an idea since someone said they liked the look of one but couldnt haul what they need or want to in it due to the aluminum. Im not talking bout nothin real major just for some strength and it maybe lighter in the end then a steel trailer. Just a noob so I was probly talking out of stupidity.

  401. #401tonka2010-12-01 09:50

    that pete is for sale...now

  402. #402monster truck2010-12-05 00:09

    I showed grandma the pictures of her truck on here and she wanted me to post some more to show that that it's not just a pavement queen. These are from a trip up into the mt shasta wilderness to get a load of christmas trees, once she turned off the paved road it was 14 miles of dirt roads and trails to get to the stockpile of trees.

  403. #403Jdigger41302010-12-05 00:15

    Rad!!! I love the tandem slid up! Thanks for puttin those up. Any updates on yer gramps ride?

  404. #404monster truck2010-12-05 00:35

    Yeah, gramp's truck is back at work with the new paint and and a new head-board, it still hasnt got the air ride conversion or dual stacks because he's had too much work to have it sit still that long. I havent been able to get over there to get any pictures of it as my health took a nose dive and ive been pretty much stuck to my bed for the last month. I'll head over there at somepoint in the next few days and get some pics.

  405. #405Jdigger41302010-12-05 00:48

    Bummer. Hope ya get better man. Looking forward to seeing it w the new paint

  406. #406tonka2010-12-05 00:53

    MT grandmas truck looking good on the Mt... hope your feeling better....

  407. #407monster truck2010-12-05 02:53

    Thanks guys, im doing quite a bit better now. It's amazing what modern hospitals and 30+ pills a day can do for you! I'll get some pics of the truck soon.

  408. #408monster truck2010-12-06 20:42

    One of my buddies sent this to me today, it's the not the best pic but it's a little preview! :drinkup

  409. #409monster truck2010-12-07 22:33

    Finally got a couple pics of grandpa's truck, even grabbed one of grandma's as it headed out for a little midnight run!

  410. #410tonka2010-12-20 13:40

    My friend Ron Martin caught your gramps by San Quinton prison a couple weeks back, truck looks good all painted up!

  411. #411monster truck2010-12-22 14:31

    I stole it last friday and took a load down to the bay area, it's amazing how smooth that thing rides. Not a squeak or a rattle anywhere in that 41 year old truck.

  412. #412Jdigger41302010-12-22 22:34

    Hey monster, saw yer grannies 379 at the n bound scale shack in terra Linda yesterday.... LOOKIN SHOW SHARP!!!! She has A real looker

  413. #413Lee-online2010-12-22 22:44

    Cool retro truck. It reminds me of BJ McKay and his best friend Bear. That was a cool show i liked when I was a kid.

  414. #414monster truck2010-12-23 00:33

    She knows all the guys at the scale houses around here. She brings them donuts (no joke) and stops to have coffee and chat with them all the time, that would be why her truck with straight pipes, blue neon lights and train horns always passes inspection no problem!

  415. #415Mike Mc2010-12-23 12:06

    Monster Truck, we're you rolling through Bakersfield a few days ago. I was getting diesel for my pick up on Rosedale Hwy (58) and some strait pipes caught my ears and thought it might have been you. Sure sounded sweet. What engine do you have?

  416. #416monster truck2010-12-23 20:57

    Funny you say that!! Me and my buddy Chris were right next to Bakersfield in Shafter late monday night in a couple Denbeste trucks, and the one I was driving was loud as hell! We hauled a couple of frac tanks down to Long Beach, then grabbed some end dumps and pulled them back up here to Windsor. These pics are from the truck stop on I-5 right by Shafter. As far as the grandparents trucks, grandma's has a 3406B Cat in it that puts out between 600 and 650hp. Grandpa's has a Cummins in it that dyno'd at 834hp, he ran it like that for a couple years and then turned it down to about 600.

  417. #417adenke2011-01-01 00:24

    Hi Not to but in but I thought you would like to see another Bill Signs trucks. I was just there today. I hope you like.

  418. #418blake5052011-01-02 18:24

    Anyone konw where theres more pics and info on that slammed red,black and white Pete transfer on page 14!!?? I knew the original owner, and i thing the changes he made look unbelievable!!! I was wondering if the photo was shopped!!LOL.

  419. #419prenn1984@gmail2011-01-02 18:40

    I don't have any info on that truck, but that picture was photoshopped as were most on page 14.

  420. #420tonka2011-01-02 18:42

    It was owned by Sam Frey, it has since had the box pulled and is now pulling a walking floor in Tulare. Sam now also has a 07 pete with a 36'' bunk pulling a walking floor now.

  421. #421monster truck2011-01-11 14:38

    I just got back from a race in Salt Lake City, it seems like I just cant get away from that place! I drove my brothers hauler out there and back for him. It used to be my hauler but it wasnt stretched when I had it. It's a 96' freightliner fld120 with a 470 detroit and eaton 10 spd. My brothers boss did the stretch in his backyard and built the whole conversion from scratch by himself, he did a very nice job on it. The trailer is a 53' double drop that is set up to haul two race trucks and all the parts and tools they could need. The whole set up is 89' long.

  422. #422monster truck2011-01-11 14:42

    Here's a couple my brother sent me of his truck being hauled to a display and back before a race. I dont know anything about the trucks other than my brother said, "they were nice"

  423. #423Jdigger41302011-01-21 01:53

    It must be rad going to yer grandparents house!!!! I love the old iron MT! Please try n scoop us some pics of the engines of yer gparents rigs please.. hell just more pics of em period!!!! I just caught up on this thread and the hater that joined... WHO GIVES A SH&* where the data come from??? I dont truck or run any iron and just enjoy this stuff... If anyone out there is making money talkin and or shooting pics. Tell me where to apply! I have A bunch!

  424. #424monster truck2011-01-24 20:09

    It's definately a fun place to hang out, you're bound to see anything from custom trucks to motorcycles and monster trucks parked in the yard. I'll try to snap some more pics next time im over there.

  425. #425Jdigger41302011-01-25 19:15

    I gotta say its neat looking at al the sweet iron on this thread but I just took A road trip to san diego and the trucks coming outta mexico... Kinda awesome! They havesome dandys! LOL. Im used to looking at I assume rather expensive machinery here in the north bay and to see foe example ex J B Hunt COE Binders "tricked" out. LOVED IT! That port o long beach... NO JOKE!!! I thought we moved goods in Alemeda... TINY in comparision! If you guys have some jalopy pics Id love to see em!

  426. #426monster truck2011-01-27 19:03

    I got to play around with grandpa's truck today while getting it loaded for tomarrow and snapped a few more pics while I was at it.

  427. #427Number 92011-02-16 13:04

    My dad, Gregg Tomlin and grandfather, Larry Tomlin go way back with your grandpa and the white bubbles, number 9 the red truck and the yellow truck. In fact he has lots of pictures of those trucks when they were all shined up. Those were the days of Doug, Monti and my dad. Tell your grandpa and grandma the Tomlin clan says hi! Thanks Jackie Tomlin

  428. #428Blacksmoke072011-02-22 00:51

    One of my favorite threads yet!! Think ive seen some of the trucks on the first couple pages at the Diesel Nationals in Englishtown! Thanks for postin all the sick pics... :thumbsup

  429. #429prenn1984@gmail2011-02-22 01:09

    I hope they loaded them over the back!

  430. #430tonka2011-02-22 10:05

    :umno over the side.......LOL:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

  431. #431Will Musser2011-02-24 18:35

    From the looks, over the fron might have been a possibility!

  432. #432monster truck2011-02-24 20:15

    Over the front is definately a possibility!!

  433. #433Jdigger41302011-03-01 23:53

    Saw yer gramps A while ago makin some power gettin off 101S headed towards Richmond.... LOOKS better in person!!!!!

  434. #434monster truck2011-05-15 21:21

    Figured I would throw some pictures in here to bring back my favorite thread on here. I'll start with a couple of my weekend rides, the red one is newer, nicer, has more power, holds more material and requires less tarping but the purple one is my favorite of the bunch and the one I always take because it's just plain cool

  435. #435monster truck2011-05-15 21:36

    Next up, I finally got tired of my Grandpa's truck having a single stack on it (even though it's been that way for 42 years) that flops around and mounted to an ugly headboard so I had to do something about it. He pulled into the yard one day and by the time dinner was ready we had an old school Reddecop muffler and headboard mounted on it with dual 5" straight pipes up the side of it. Then a couple of days ago I found some 3 1/2" turnout pipes that we had no purpose for and had some extra time on my hands so I did the only logical thing... made the first reefer trailer out there with fully functional dual straight pipes on it!

  436. #436monster truck2011-05-15 22:30

    My Grandpa was talking about the old days today and mentioned both Larry and Gregg. He spoke very highly of them and said the trucking business would be a whole lot better if there were more people like that around.

  437. #437Jdigger41302011-05-17 23:47

    EPIC MT!!!!! Love BOTH exhaust mods!!!!! Saw yer grams rollin about 6-8 days ago SHINING man... REAL CHOICE RIDES.... DenBestes is no joke either but those two REEFERS.... BITCHIN iron

  438. #438monster truck2011-05-20 14:00

    Made a little weekend trip to pheonix on the bikes a couple of weeks ago and spotted this shiny new 389 fuel hauler sitting in the mcdonalds parking lot

  439. #439Browne2011-05-24 06:28

    Sweet pic's Got any winch trucks?......

  440. #440monster truck2011-06-09 20:52

    Here's a couple of the meanest looking rolling bomb in northern california. Nick Barbierie's 2010 389 all blacked out. The first pick is when they first got it and the second is after it got some new stacks and it's matching blacked out propane trailer that it pulls full time.

  441. #441Mike Mc2011-06-10 01:54

    Those last two new Pete's look like long nose trucks so why 389's and not 379's? Thanks

  442. #442monster truck2011-06-10 11:46

    Peterbilt stopped making the 379 in 2007 and replaced it with the 389 from 2008 on. They did the same thing with the 378, wich is now the the 388.

  443. #443prenn1984@gmail2011-06-10 19:40

    388 is actually the new 379, 389 is the new 379 ext hood. The 378 was a fiberglass hood, the 388 has an aluminum hood.

  444. #444Ryan Rønning2011-06-12 06:00

    Those are some awesome pics. just looked through the whole thread. You got any log trucks to throw in to the mix?

  445. #445hvy 1ton2011-06-13 18:08

    Don't normally like trucks with a lot of painted bits, but that one looks real good. Well done all round.

  446. #446brushmaster902011-07-18 16:04

    Some pretty sweet truck ya got. I can only imigane the time and moeny thats put into those trucks. Some of those are trually a work of art.

  447. #447Jdigger41302011-07-21 21:13

    Hey MT Great shots! I went to healdsburg to find Nick Bs yard and did ut the trucks are LOCKED down and WAY in the back so I couldnt score pics w the Iphone. I like his red one and the maroon truck n trailer even more myself. Still yer gramps 352 is my pic for N Cal over the road rides. Was in Penngrove today seeing lotsa hay trucks looking swa sweet! Thanks for posting these

  448. #448tonka2011-07-22 09:37

    Ok lets get this thread back on track.... Here is my good friend Jimmy Guiste out of PA and "Built for Business" his 2003 Peterbilt 379 ExHd, Jimmy hauls steel, machinery, and oversize loads all over the country.:drinkup Jimmah!!!

  449. #449tonka2011-07-22 09:49

    Here is Ernie May, NJ food hauler... and his Pete!

  450. #450tonka2011-07-26 11:37

    Next we have Bethany Nabb's Pete 379 (Rosie)... check out her blog @ www.onegirltrucking.com

  451. #451tonka2011-07-27 16:57

    ***** update ***** Ok here is the Rick (Boston Bandit) Sousa's new/old ride, as some of you remember Rick had an 05 Pete 379, in post #23.... Rick is now retired and his 77 KW A Model, is his hobby truck...

  452. #452tonka2011-07-27 17:32

    ***** update #2 ****** Ok here is the truck that was under construction in post #246, Red Dawn, Lanita Transports, newest KW 900 A model... yes this truck will work after the 2011 show season wraps up!!!

  453. #453Macneil2011-07-27 23:03

    A lot of nice machinery in this thread!!

  454. #454tonka2011-11-04 11:09

    Here's Jonny Walker's 07 Pete 379EXHD...:cool2

  455. #455tonka2011-11-04 12:29

    Next we have Cliff(BiGnEcK)Northern... and his KW900L...

  456. #456tonka2011-11-04 13:11

    “The Aftermath“ Here is “The Aftermath“ Built by ETC, Owned by Cory Jones out of NJ. Here is he breakdown, before Cory bought it, it was a Mystic company truck. Mystic was busted for not supplying its customers with all the product that they said they were giving. Became a big deal, they went bankrupt, and allot of companies up there didn’t want to deal with anyone associated with Mystic. So Cory had the truck painted yellow at ETC, a couple years goes by and Cory wanted a new look so he gave, The Texas Chrome Shop a call as they gave the best deal. Well about 6 months after the truck was done and working, paint was coming off the truck in CHUNKS! The prep work they did at TCS was junk they didn’t prime some pieces of the truck. The steps were missing chunks of paint showing bare aluminum. If you looked at the truck, the colors didn’t match as well, So Cory went back to ETC to have it done right, and this is how it came to be what it is today…. Some might say TCS does good work, I beg to differ… pic 1 Mystic Truck pics 2-3 after ETC makover pics 4-5 after TCS makeover

  457. #457tonka2011-11-04 13:16

    “The Aftermath“ cont... The pics of TCS work speak for themself.... after 6 months of working and not even in the winter this was from may 2010 to oct 2010 :Banghead

  458. #458tonka2011-11-04 13:33

    “The Aftermath“ still cont... Now after the winter of 2010 Cory decided to get it done right... so he took it back to ETC no matter what it cost... I give you “The Aftermath“ :notworthy

  459. #459tonka2011-11-14 13:19

    Alan Tuttle's pete 379...

  460. #460Jdigger41302011-11-14 21:56

    Too bad on home boys ride... Sucks having paid good dough n watch it all off

  461. #461loadstartrans2011-11-16 04:02

    Very nice Pictures. Thanks for Sharing!:notworthy

  462. #462tonka2011-11-16 09:30

    Thanks for looking...

  463. #463KTS77_416C2011-12-04 12:03

    very nice trucks tonka..keep them comin if you haven't ran out lol..thought i'd put one of mine up here..project truck. started this back in '06. price of fuel has slowed this project down quite a bit! btw it has an 8v71 detroit...very very loud with those 6" pipes

  464. #464Sotrekker2011-12-04 14:04

    I love the old cabovers, particularly White Road Commander.

  465. #465Autocar2011-12-04 18:43

    Great pictures,love big rigs :notworthy

  466. #466tonka2011-12-04 21:53

    Thx to who ever took that spammer off my thread...;o)

  467. #467willie592011-12-04 22:11

    You're welcome bro.

  468. #468Aussie Leroy2011-12-08 04:14

    Tonka; You do a dame fine job of those photo's please keep up the good work, Those pictures are so good to look at "Mate" thanks again. Cheers Leroy

  469. #469DigDug2011-12-08 19:46

    Thanks for all those pics! The last hour reading this thread was great , makes me want to go down to shop and shine up my old L8000 septic pump truck.

  470. #470Scrub Puller2011-12-25 17:57

    Different strokes Yair...I look through this thread from time to time with feelings of awe and bemusement. It's interesting how a blokes background and circumstances determine how we think and act. My trucking was all heavy haulage on dirt roads in the sixty's and seventy's. Although I have probably hosed a truck off with a pressure hose on service day I know for sure and for certain that I have never polished one...and I can't imagine polishing a truck even now...I just thought the paint was only on there to stop the suckers rusting! Heard a story recently about a bloke with a fleet of tri-drives hauling four trailer side dump trains in the Northwest. A mate of mine was talking to him when four of the rigs rolled into the yard all covered in crud. There had been a few early storms and litterally the only cleanish parts of the rigs were where the widscreen wipers wiped. Three of the rigs pulled up side by side and the drivers got out with their gear and headed for the showers...but the fourth drove round to the washdown bay and the driver started hosing off. The owner grabbed the shovel from the front of my mates "B" train, scraped up some oily red dirt from just outside the workshop and chucked it all over where the bloke had just washed...and then proceeded to tell him in no uncertain terms that he was being paid two grand a week to drive the bloody thing, not to wash it. He then introduced himself and told the young bloke that the truck was due for service after the next trip...and out of his head reeled of a whole list of minor faults that would be fixed. The bloke had an encyclopaedic knowledge of his fleet but wash and polish was very obviously not a high priority...thats how some blokes think. Cheers.

  471. #471Sparkie2011-12-30 14:00

    Our tanks get polished maybe twice a year... Truck doesnt have to look good to work good. Alot of guys at Wagner have shined up spiffed up trucks, and they don't work any better than ours.

  472. #472monster truck2011-12-30 14:53

    We've been over this before. They are awsome pictures of trucks that we all love to look at, Just enjoy them.

  473. #473CM19952011-12-30 18:15

    Nice pictures Tonka, thanks for sharing. Although I am not a "truck" guy I enjoy looking at the tricked out rigs that the owners and drivers take special pride and joy in. The time and effort they put in to have a very nice rig shows their professionalism and love of the industry, that's something that is somewhat lacking in today's time. You only live once and you need to have a passion while you are here on this earth. A clean truck, even if it's old, goes a long way to show that you care and have pride in what you do. I like to have my machines looking good, even if they have the hours on them, when I show up to a jobsite. I think a clean and neat fleet (whatever the fleet may be) goes a long way in the business world, showing your customers that you are a professional that can produce quality work. I equate it to the phrase - "Would you go to a Dentist that has bad teeth?":cool2

  474. #474TheDig2012-01-18 12:21

    Awesome pics Tonka, just killed my lunch hour looking through this thread!

  475. #475tonka2012-01-18 14:15

    thanks Dig...

  476. #476ROD BURNER2012-01-19 01:02

    Alot of nice rigs on this thread. Thanks for the look see!!!!

  477. #477still learn'n2012-02-11 13:00

    Tonka Any pictures of Farmers Oil or Accord Transport? Thanks Jerry

  478. #478tonka2012-02-14 12:28

    I'll see what i can dig up...

  479. #479Jumbo2012-02-17 16:06

    This truck gets washed every other month, not the cleanest, but a steady reliable truck with around 750,000 miles on it. It is a real workhorse, not a show truck. It needs a new bumper, but all in good time. The cleanest parts of the truck and trailer are the grease zerks. Twice a week for grease. Photo was taken on the 6014 line of Hancock on the Clearwater drainage above Enumclaw WA

  480. #480tonka2012-03-28 11:36

    Farmers Oil Co.

  481. #481Greenedriver32012-03-28 12:40

    DOT reg book Another question for the experienced drivers... I am a green driver and need a little guidance. Is it mandatory to have a DOT reg book in the truck that is being occupied at all times? Just curious....

  482. #482Autocar2012-03-29 20:29

    Tonka that red Peterbuilt I don't think theres words for it, thanks for scharing

  483. #483hvy 1ton2012-03-29 22:08

    I knew Farmers Oil rung a bell. I think i recognize the second truck, but the ones that stuck in my mind were a pair (matched?) of red W9's. I think i saw them hauling anhydrous around hutch, but might have been out in the flat lands somewhere.

  484. #484tonka2012-03-30 11:10

    That red pete was there 2009 show truck... here is there 2011 show truck... check out the tool box's...

  485. #485Autocar2012-03-31 14:19

    Talk about a cool tool box, somebody has a good imagination .

  486. #486Deere500a2012-03-31 15:23

    Post #452KW & #464IH,sure are pretty but the color I'm mixed on but I'm not saying I won't take em down the line.

  487. #487tireman2012-04-04 06:54

    Seriously? Using straps instead of chains on steel? The kicker is that the straps are OUTSIDE the rub rails.Won't take much to lose that load.

  488. #488tonka2012-04-04 19:09

    um there is chains on that load... and that load wasn't lost so all is good....

  489. #489tireman2012-04-04 20:38

    Keep running straps outside the rub rail and see how long it takes for all to NOT be good.:crazy Just sayin. Worked before, so........it has to work again.And again.:stirthepot

  490. #490JDOFMEMI2012-04-04 21:33

    Tireman I'm up for an education. What is the deal with the straps outside the rub rails. No one has ever given me any good reason why. I have hauled a lot of loads that were always strapped outside, unless there was damage to the rails. In fact, both of my flats have the rubrails bent in far enough that you mostly can't get the hooks behind them anyway. They were well used when I got them. Heavy loads done with chain and I almost always go behind the rail, but straps are easier most times over it. Unless you rub on something to cut the strap, it should not be a problem. If you hae a habit of rubbing the side of the trailer on things, I would say there are more problems than where the strap is hooked. But, that said, I have an open mind and would like to hear a good reason. I am always up to learn a better or safer way to do things.

  491. #491tireman2012-04-05 13:26

    Well, you sort of answered yourself. The rails are bent up, you said. Well, if the strap had been there when it got bent, it would've gotten cut. And I never had the habit of rubbing my trailer against anything.But I never ran my straps over them, always under. You just never know what someone else is gonna do.No reason to have the strap exposed like that.It pulls it that much further from the load, exposing it to the (however remote) possibilty of getting snagged by something. Just a safety issue that I was taught at a young age.That's all.Never had to deal with bent up rails, though. Guess I'd try to pry them open so I could get the hook behind it.Here's a few pics of how I did it when I used straps.I always considered the rub rails more of a strap guard than anything else.I never secured anything to them, other than a tarp strap.

  492. #492JDOFMEMI2012-04-05 14:33

    Re: bent rails. Usually the forklift is done running into the rails and bending them up before the straps get put on, so they should still be pretty safe Otherwise, I see your point of the rub rails protecting the straps from getting rubbed on. Maybe that has something to do with their name.

  493. #493tonka2012-04-05 22:54

    well i got the 411 on that trailer there are no rub rails on it anylonger... they were capped so no more bent rubrails...

  494. #494still learn'n2012-04-08 01:18

    Thanks for the pics of The Bucket List and all the rest Tonka! Great thread Jerry

  495. #495KrayzKajun2012-04-17 12:40

    That is pure bada$$!!!!

  496. #496KrayzKajun2012-04-17 12:51

    Sweet!!!!!!!!

  497. #497cl104732013-08-20 12:08

    Hey Tonka, Do you know who your friend is leased to? Thanks.

  498. #498glenlunberg2013-08-20 22:15

    These trucks are very awesome. I think these trucks can carry lots of loads.

  499. #499Slammed3792013-08-25 09:46
  500. #500tonka2013-12-04 16:20

    dig it... if it were mine i'd shave the blinkers and put a betts light on the bumper... other than that it came out ( * Y * )'s

  501. #501tonka2013-12-04 16:22

    :cool2

  502. #502tonka2013-12-04 16:24

    Not sure, haven't talked to him in ages since I moved to boise...

  503. #503redneckchevy92013-12-04 17:22

    Tastefully Done Old School Style!

  504. #504kent_323is2014-03-11 00:49

    Nice pics of all those trucks, thanks Tonka for taking the time to find and post. Also to a few of the other guys that posted pics. I really like the old bubble nose COE pete truck. Got any more pics of similar trucks and others from that vintage? That's the kind of truck I'd like to add to my collection sometime and have a equipment flatbed trailer for general hauling of my cars/trucks/equipment.

  505. #505tonka2014-06-24 13:06

    Ok lets get this thread back on track...

  506. #506tonka2014-06-24 13:21

    Ryan Bone's 379

  507. #507tonka2014-06-24 13:34

    Hayden Eady & Dr Cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTideMRQNFE

  508. #508tonka2014-06-24 13:40

    Josh Lemke

  509. #509Slammed3792014-06-26 08:53
  510. #510tonka2014-06-26 10:08

    Van Wag

  511. #511tonka2014-06-26 10:11

    my brother DJ

  512. #512JDOFMEMI2014-06-30 02:44

    Tonka Nice to see you back posting great truck pics again.

  513. #513tonka2014-07-08 15:22

    Thx man, I will be posting in the logging section soon too...

  514. #514Tiny2014-07-08 15:32

    I Agree

  515. #515td25c2014-07-08 22:50

    Keep up the the pictures & good work tonka , cool rigs :thumbsup I really like brother DJ's KW . Cant look at a mid 1970's KW without thinking about Sonny & Will http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movin'_On_(TV_series)

  516. #516tonka2014-07-09 12:23

    Thx fellas, its good to be back!!! Yea 25, DJ's KW just got a 20g overhaul everything from the rails down is new including the rails.... 270" WB on a Freightliner cut off... it runs and rides like a dream...

  517. #517JNB2014-07-09 20:01

    Great photos! Started at the beginning of the thread last night so I've only gotten to page 15. You have pics of any sweet transfers?

  518. #518td25c2014-07-09 22:26

    Sounds like he done it rite . That's nice looking rig . We still run a 1984 KW W-900 . Love those trucks .

  519. #519JNB2014-07-10 23:08

    Well it didn't take too many more pages to get into some nice looking transfers. I wish we had some around here...it'd make the tight jobs easier.

  520. #520tonka2014-07-24 11:44

    J Ballard

  521. #521tonka2014-07-24 12:01

    D Hartman, driver of the TMT Roadhog...

  522. #522tonka2014-07-24 12:22

    Adam Hines with JC'S Pilot Car out of Knoxville, TN

  523. #523Fastdirt2014-07-24 18:18

    Great looking rides. Wish we could see more and know more about each one. Thanks for sharing!

  524. #524tonka2014-08-12 11:07

    Up next is D Bethel 2014 Fitzgerald Glider with a Detroit...

  525. #525Slammed3792014-08-21 09:16
  526. #526Kcusumano2016-10-28 20:50

    Grella and son trucking Do u think grella and sons do u think they would b looking to sell any trucks or trailers ? Please get back to me on this very interested don't know who to get in touch with to ask this question?