I looked up the width for my 580K before I bought the trailer.... But I made a mistake. I used the following chart for a 580K. This must be the centerline of the wheels? Not the total width? If I could find some narrower wheels, it would fit. 2" would make it fit on my trailer. Anybody know of tractor narrow rims that would fit? Does anybody have any? Thanks in advance....
I would only need front rims. The back is not a problem
Think I would need some pictures. Are we taking 2 wheel drive or 4? Not that it would matter too much. A little tire hang off, isn’t the end of the world. How is the trailer built? How are you loading it? Can you widen the trailer in the areas the front tires sit on, or widen the whole trailer? I have put foldable rails on a trailer once, for some wider tractor attachments.
Narrower rims may cause the tires and or rims to rub on the axle. Or, maybe prevent them from turning.
The trailer is fine. 1/2" thick 6" angle iron. The problem is the fenders are too narrow for the front wheels to go between. And too tall to drive over. The trailer actually sits pretty low to the ground.
Need a deck over trailer.
Make the trailer fenders removable. Pair of angle brackets front and rear. Either bolts or quick pins.
This. Fender equipment trailers are not meant to haul equipment like backhoes. I can haul my Case 480E on my 15K fender equipment trailer, but it's only 11,000lbs and just barely squeezes between the 82" wide fenders, a 580 I wouldn't even try it.
How high are the finders? I would make ramps next to the finders, build it up, with the lightest wood i can get and go over.
I did find some narrow rims for this.
So, did they allow you to drive between the fenders ? What are the wheels off of ? Any problems with them rubbing in a hard turn in either direction ?
Just barely, doesn't matter. They will only be used for transport. Then immediately switched to the regular wheels and tires. They are 20" rims. Paid $10 for both with tires that hold air. Seller got them with a bunch of junk at an auction. He didn't know what they came off. Just wanted to get rid of them. Only 1 hour away from my home... I haven't tried to turn hard - but I don't see a problem.
Can you narrow the fenders by 1 1/2" or move them out that much? Changing wheels would get monotonous.
If four wheel drive, confirm they aren't causing a mismatch in rolling distance. I'd find a way to ramp over the tires, remove fenders.
Is your trailer 102" wide overall? My measurement you should have a bit of clearance. I once backed away from buying a fender trailer that was only 96" overall. Most, it seems are 8'6" wide these days.
Already bought the rims and tires. When is changing tires a big deal? built in jack...
And it is 2 wheel drive.
Still a PIA to change every time you need to go on and off the trailer.